The gear + content (future plans)

agittunc

Hello everyone!

I have asked for a example of gear from jordan (sorry mate i have to). here is a link : http://prnt.sc/cw1ez8

now, the intention is to have a blizzlike gear system. but in my opinion this is not a good idea. and for other people to pitch in their idea's.

The reason why it's not a good idea is because there are millions of the same kind of content. and if this is also gonna be 1 of those people will not join. for the simple reason that there is no reason. why would they? they have the gear there that they already farmed for. why join this one to start over?

also, alot of players such as myself love custom gear. it does not have to be insane. but a balance. ice reaper was a good server it just made vip gear to dominant. so players like holydk took advantage of that to kill the server. (he doesn't care but w/e).

These numbers on the gear are not special. its just very much like retail. and speaking for myself i don't want that. there should be custom stats on the gear. like for example : strat gear (chest) : 400 int / 600 stam have like 200 master /or haste whatever. next tier like 650 int 850 stamina with the additional stats.

yes it is still kind of the same. but there should be a gap on the tiers. i mean look at stratholme/utgarde keep. the gap is extreme low. and even with max t8 gear you would never be able to do worldbosses. 

what is your opinion about this? 

So about the gear, if the link is correct is more like "retail" no big changes.
And that will make people quit, i mean why i would they start this server if they already exist a better one who even been up for over years?

Since you reopen the server it means you want more people on it, right?

Than it has to be unique, Custom items, custom zones and even custom spells? Who know. Absolutly not retail like, cause it will be fun first 2 weeks, after 2 weeks people wont even give it a shoot anymor, so you got theires attention now, use it. Use it to something good that will change theires mind to acctually stay and have fun!!!!

So i sure know a lot of people want tousen of things and its hard to set it just that thing like evreyone want.

So have about put up a vote Banel where people can vote, that will take action 24 hours after the vote?
Just an idea, People put your ideas down below or agree, its now or never.

Edited by Rizitrix

• Owners

Oh boy, the gear topic again...

This is something we've spent countless hours discussing and changing during development. For most of it, gear was much more like you described. Item levels began at about 400 and stretched to around 560. We shared your view about feeling that bit more custom.

But then the consequences of doing that started showing. As we discovered, classes and their abilities were designed by Blizzard with maximum secondary stats in mind. Going beyond those maximums throws class balance out the window very fast. Scaling becomes insane on certain abilities, etc. It becomes a mess, and you don't even have to go very far over the maximums to start seeing it.

It would be a massive clunky task to try and hack the classes back to some bit of normal balance after boosting all their stats. And still being a PvP mode server, the balance of classes is important to us. So instead of destroying that, we decided to just extend our custom items to the maximum allowed before scaling becomes an issue (ilvl 420).

So yes, the blizzlike stats was not something in our original vision, but it became a compromise to stop a bigger problem. I hope that sheds some light on it.

• Staff

I see both opinions, and they make sense. Here is my opinion about the content. You guys are correct that this content and similar content is readily available. Its also hard, if not impossible, to compete content-wise to private servers that have higher expansion levels. But there is a problem with making a totally custom fun server with high-end custom gear. There is a short life to that kind of server that is sort of like a bottle rocket. It is super fun for a short time and then fizzles out. It becomes very difficult and time consuming trying to create custom content for that kind of server to keep it interesting. There is also a second problem that keeps a lot of people away from a fun server like old reaper. When you "pay to win", players that want to farm gear or don't have much money to spend end up losing a lot. There is just no fun for a player on a PvP server that gets one-shot by other rich players.

I think Blizzard did a really good job out of the box creating content and keeping players occupied. Its my opinion that the best approach for a private server is to keep it simple and mostly blizz-like to utilize all of the content. If players like the server, many will pay to skip ahead or get access to content that non-vips won't have.

• Owners
3 minutes ago, Jansen said:

Point #1 I have yet to see anybody even think about pvp. Everyone is too caught up in farming 342 ilevel gear to get into a dungen.

Point #2 It would be more balanced. However 50% of the spells don't work.

Both your points are short-term. Classes are still being actively repaired. Players will turn to PvP as the instances are finished farming. My post is about how much worse and harder to fix the current problems would be if the stats were higher.

7 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Oh boy, the gear topic again...

This is something we've spent countless hours discussing and changing during development. For most of it, gear was much more like you described. Item levels began at about 400 and stretched to around 560. We shared your view about feeling that bit more custom.

But then the consequences of doing that started showing. As we discovered, classes and their abilities were designed by Blizzard with maximum secondary stats in mind. Going beyond those maximums throws class balance out the window very fast. Scaling becomes insane on certain abilities, etc. It becomes a mess, and you don't even have to go very far over the maximums to start seeing it.

It would be a massive clunky task to try and hack the classes back to some bit of normal balance after boosting all their stats. And still being a PvP mode server, the balance of classes is important to us. So instead of destroying that, we decided to just extend our custom items to the maximum allowed before scaling becomes an issue (ilvl 420).

So yes, the blizzlike stats was not something in our original vision, but it became a compromise to stop a bigger problem. I hope that sheds some light on it.

oh boy, the defense! :P im just kidding.

anyway, i think you are not utilizing the logs that already exist. in cataclysm even then there was little balance. and not every spec was viable. u can see the stats the results everything. to think what the best balance would be. 

I understand the concern but having a blizzlike approach will not help the server grow. and saying that balancing would be a bother i know a server which has full custom stat gear etc. and over 1k people play it. and you prolly know which one i mean. but they are popular because nobody dares to do that. and its the only one having that approach. i bet you can do it to. 

8 minutes ago, fireguywtc said:

I see both opinions, and they make sense. Here is my opinion about the content. You guys are correct that this content and similar content is readily available. Its also hard, if not impossible, to compete content-wise to private servers that have higher expansion levels. But there is a problem with making a totally custom fun server with high-end custom gear. There is a short life to that kind of server that is sort of like a bottle rocket. It is super fun for a short time and then fizzles out. It becomes very difficult and time consuming trying to create custom content for that kind of server to keep it interesting. There is also a second problem that keeps a lot of poeple away from a fun server like old reaper. When you "pay to win", players that want to farm gear or don't have much money to spend end up losing a lot. There is just no fun for a player on a PvP server that gets one-shot by other rich players.

I think Blizzard did a really good job out of the box creating content and keeping players occupied. Its my opinion that the best approach for a private server is to keep it simple and mostly blizz-like to utilize all of the content. If players like the server, many will pay to skip ahead or get access to content that non-vips won't have.

i agree and disagree with this. because if you put alot of effort in your content. people will see the results. and custom content does not have a short live. ice-reaper had a wrong approach in gear which made it toxic for non vip players to keep playing. thus kill the server with the dominant vips. 

i agree that keeping it simple is the way to go. but also make it understandable for new players. 

6 minutes ago, Jansen said:

Point #1 I have yet to see anybody even think about pvp. Everyone is too caught up in farming 342 ilevel gear to get into a dungen.

#1 : true, and i think 342 minimum is kind of extreme.

#2 : that will be fixed in time

19 minutes ago, Zaedon14 said:

I have to agree with Agittunc on this one.

thank you,

i am not trying to bash you ryan/thanagor. but you should discuss this over. balancing can happen if u really want it. just dont go overboard with the secondary stats.

please reconsider ryan/thanagor. because it would be shame of the current t8 is final.

I'm the only person that cares about pvp on the new reaper lol. Even then it's hell getting someone to come duel me. Literally I have to beg people to come to the arena and camping is just apart of WoW, on every server there's always gonna be someone to kill you back to back nonstop. So you either become the person that does the camping or leave the arena.

Edited by Kanefever

34 minutes ago, Kanefever said:

I'm the only person that cares about pvp on the new reaper lol. Even then it's hell getting someone to come duel me. Literally I have to beg people to come to the arena and camping is just apart of WoW, on every server there's always gonna be someone to kill you back to back nonstop. So you either become the person that does the camping or leave the arena.

you are not the only person. i don't want to pvp myself at the moment because i want to farm gear first. and no camping is not a part of wow its what kills it. you can spin it around all you like you are just a sad sack that just added nothing to the topic. 

ps : you insulting people's mother is excactly why i didn't come to do some pvp. and thats why rizing started camping you. for your childish behaviour.

Edited by agittunc

4 hours ago, Kanefever said:

Give it time, we only launched and still fixing up things, we haven't even started advertising yet. PvP will be a big part of our realm. Once we choose staff, we will have daily PvP events giving rewards.

8 hours ago, agittunc said:

you are not the only person. i don't want to pvp myself at the moment because i want to farm gear first. and no camping is not a part of wow its what kills it. you can spin it around all you like you are just a sad sack that just added nothing to the topic. 

ps : you insulting people's mother is excactly why i didn't come to do some pvp. and thats why rizing started camping you. for your childish behaviour.

If you get offended by what someone says over the Internet then you shouldn't really be on the internet. If camping killed WoW why is retail still up? Lol whether you like it or not there will always be people camping each other and I don't need to add anything to the topic cause I'm fine with whatever the staff sees fit.

Edited by Kanefever

4 minutes ago, Kanefever said:

If you get offended by what someone says over the Internet then you shouldn't really be on the internet. If camping killed WoW why is retail still up? Lol whether you like it or not there will always be people camping each other and I don't need to add anything to the topic cause I'm fine with whatever the staff sees fit.

offended? no, but i dont need to be talking or playing with someone that is a rude idiot. i don't care what your opinion is, 

shouldn't be on the internet? are you for real? i am standing up for myself what else is there to it? anyway i am done talking to you and will kill you where i see you so cya.

• IceCold Admins
7 hours ago, Thanagor said:

Give it time, we only launched and still fixing up things, we haven't even started advertising yet. PvP will be a big part of our realm. Once we choose staff, we will have daily PvP events giving rewards.

Tent likes.

I would like to mention that, whatever gets determined, it is reasoned and irrespectively prearranged. The two gawpers beyond my comment, please evince proportionated respect or I'm eventually consciously going to block you. @aggitunc @Kanefever

19 hours ago, Jansen said:

#1: I have plenty of times but pvp just isnt on my agenda until balancing goes through and i can actually kill something without 20+ arcane blasts

#2: pretty much explains my #1

3 hours ago, Beat said:

I would like to mention that, whatever gets determined, it is reasoned and irrespectively prearranged. The two gawpers beyond my comment, please evince proportionated respect or I'm eventually consciously going to block you. @aggitunc @Kanefever

what are you even on about? i was here giving my opinion. so bye!

13 hours ago, agittunc said:

what are you even on about? i was here giving my opinion. so bye!

I would like to mention that, you were giving a major inconsiderate estimation that led to unimpressed, homologated and inexpressible agreements that also led to worthless aggressiveness.

I'm sorry but, contingently I have to block you from now on. I consigned you a conspicuous possibility, but, unfortunately, it was unacceptable for you, wasn't it.

4 hours ago, Beat said:

I would like to mention that, you were giving a major inconsiderate estimation that led to unimpressed, homologated and inexpressible agreements that also led to worthless aggressiveness.

I'm sorry but, contingently I have to block you from now on. I consigned you a conspicuous possibility, but, unfortunately, it was unacceptable for you, wasn't it.

I would like to mention that, your attempt to sound like a smartass is not helping. 

You are not sorry for "blocking" me. which in my case i don't care since i don't even know you. i made this topic to give my opinion on the matter. if people are gonna be a dick to me for no reason i have no problem being a dick back. 

"inconsiderate" what is your argument then? you can call me w/e u want atleast come with good arguments as to why it's inconsiderate?

inexpressible? so some random dude comes in and adds nothing to the topic. you go ahead and block me i really don't care.

aggressiveness? where is the agression then? i was merely stating my opinion. god forbid having a opinion on a topic.

so, either act like a normal person and give your opinion or just stop posting.

I would like to mention that, you are absolutely incontestably regarding your manner. I unblocked you simplemindedly because I thought I would avow an deliberated message from you, but, seemingly, no, not like that.

" so, either act like a normal person and give your opinion or just stop posting." This, this one "statement" from you, is unbelieveable repugnant. I could not believe it for a few seconds, hence "unbelieveable".

agittunc, please show kindly deference towards me, or, I'm going to block you again. I'm quite likely not going to unblock you again.

I want to disclose my honest opinion on this subject. There is not much the staff can do by now. Everyone was quite thankless back then. Everyone was addicted regarding Project Fire for a while. Not even 10 days after its official publication, everyone goes thanklessly straight against it. Nobody is talking about any positive particularities the server has, everyone is forcing the server to go into a swamp and not come out for a while until it has admirability. Nobody is even admiring the server. It is very disappointing.

Therefore, please, everyone, I mean, you, the people, we can make this happen, we can form this. Project Fire is going to be very applaudable one day, and why?

You, the people.

4 minutes ago, Beat said:

I would like to mention that, you are absolutely incontestably regarding your manner. I unblocked you simplemindedly because I thought I would avow an deliberated message from you, but, seemingly, no, not like that.

" so, either act like a normal person and give your opinion or just stop posting." This, this one "statement" from you, is unbelieveable repugnant. I could not believe it for a few seconds, hence "unbelieveable".

agittunc, please show kindly deference towards me, or, I'm going to block you again. I'm quite likely not going to unblock you again.

I want to disclose my honest opinion on this subject. There is not much the staff can do by now. Everyone was quite thankless back then. Everyone was addicted regarding Project Fire for a while. Not even 10 days after its official publication, everyone goes thanklessly straight against it. Nobody is talking about any positive particularities the server has, everyone is forcing the server to go into a swamp and not come out for a while until it has admirability. Nobody is even admiring the server. It is very disappointing.

Therefore, please, everyone, I mean, you, the people, we can make this happen, we can form this. Project Fire is going to be very applaudable one day, and why?

You, the people.

Alright then, you are absolutely blind by what other people were saying when you should have read my opening post.

I never stated i was NOT thankful. you are ignoring the fact that i was stating my opinion about the server of why it is not a good idea. why are you including me to this group of thankless people you are referring me to?

Like i said it is my opinion. so if loboz comes in and be little child don't blame me for other people ruining it.  

I want this server to flourish just as much as you do. And i want to express my opinion because that is the right thing to do. you talk about it. 

You need to understand that having a opinion does not mean i am thankless or whatever. 

God forbid having an opinion on a topic. this is what you in my Opinion are saying to me. 

Don't blame me by what other people say. read my first topic with a open mind. i was not trying to sound like a thankless dick. 

I already said in another topic that i am giving Project fire a chance. i never said i am going to quit or whatever. i am loyal that way. and icecold is still in my opinion better then most. and a big reason for this is that the staff and the admins try to communicate as much as possible with us. there are not alot of servers that do this kind of thing.

So no, i am not only negative on this server. there are some positive things about it. the original concept is in my opinion very understandable and pretty good overall. 

But i stay by my point that there are to many servers doing the same thing. And i want Project Fire to be Unique. Wouldn't you?

Now, can you stop judging me for things other people said? That would be very nice thank you. 

PS : Blocking is something that is your choice. if you want to block me for whatever reason i won't try to stop you. But don't blame me for things i did not do. 

I would like to mention that, agittunc, you should be sorry for what you've done. You affronted me with your words. You're rude, you're intended, and you're simply indisputable.

Still, I'm not going to block you. I will give you another chance, because you're actually smart, and you certainly know what you're doing. Just don't foozle yourself.