Character Stat Review

Stat Changes  

32 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to happen?

• Stat Reduction on all items (and stat costs) by a percentage.
    • Installing a Stat Limit for all stats that you may purchase.
    • Leave it the same.

We have been working on new content, and I have been watching the community go through the content. The first thing I had noticed is the high donors helping people out. I love the happiness of our community at this point and I would love to see more community involvement. 

All this being said, there are some complications that we have ran into regarding the stats that some donors have purchased. We cannot develop any stronger content for the high donors that would prove slightly challenging, nor can we develop content that would provide a good experience for both non-Donors and Donors. There are a few options that Ryan and I talked over, and the conclusion of options will be as follows: 

Stat reduction by a percentage would allow us to create content that isn't pushing on the health capacity of creatures and bosses, and creatures will be able to last more that 10 seconds in a boss fight. We would be able to reduce the value of the dollar/stat in our custom store, which would keep the value of all your custom added stats while lowering the total.

Installing a stat limit would allow us to put a physical cap on anything you could purchase so that we can still design content around those caps. This would probably be the most troublesome being that players with already over-stat-cap stats would need to be changed or moved somewhere else.

The last option would be to do nothing, which would cause a great deal of trouble for the community to play in the general content areas on Eternian. World bosses like BM would take 16 minutes for nonVIPs and 10 seconds for high donors, and there is nothing more we can dish out to work with everyone.

Most importantly, we cannot do anything without a majority rule regarding this poll or the opinions of our community. Please speak up and let yourself be heard!

I like this idea

Installing a stat limit would allow us to put a physical cap on anything you could purchase so that we can still design content around those caps. This would probably be the most troublesome being that players with already over-stat-cap stats would need to be changed or moved somewhere else.

but with a bit editing, if possible. Would it be possible to install a stat cap not for each custom item individually (that is what I got from your words, I may have misunderstood), but for characters instead? By this I mean something along the lines of a rule saying: 

The value of all gear, custom stats, and everything purchased on character Y combined must not exceed X$. If you already have gear from before the implementation of this rule you will be given a free transfer of gear to another character until character Y value drops below X$.

X being what you guys determine to be a fair number. I'm thinking 3000? Maybe 5000, if you think 3000 would mean too many transfers.

And, whatever choice you guys make, would it apply to devs and admins?

I mean, 3000-5000 may seem low for a character cap, considering the cap for an item back on Eternion was somewhere around that, but let's be real, stats here is dirt-cheap. And, Kenny can down BM in exactly 0.0001 seconds. Nerf Kenny pls.

If you were to reduce stats, wouldn't players who payed mass amounts of money for their stats get very angry because they lose their stats which everyone does but then prices of stats go down so they essentially lost all the money they put into their account? What would you do about this?

If you were to reduce stats, wouldn't players who payed mass amounts of money for their stats get very angry because they lose their stats which everyone does but then prices of stats go down so they essentially lost all the money they put into their account? What would you do about this?

I agree.

I like this idea

but with a bit editing, if possible. Would it be possible to install a stat cap not for each custom item individually (that is what I got from your words, I may have misunderstood), but for characters instead? By this I mean something along the lines of a rule saying: 

The value of all gear, custom stats, and everything purchased on character Y combined must not exceed X$. If you already have gear from before the implementation of this rule you will be given a free transfer of gear to another character until character Y value drops below X$.

X being what you guys determine to be a fair number. I'm thinking 3000? Maybe 5000, if you think 3000 would mean too many transfers.

And, whatever choice you guys make, would it apply to devs and admins?

I mean, 3000-5000 may seem low for a character cap, considering the cap for an item back on Eternion was somewhere around that, but let's be real, stats here is dirt-cheap. And, Kenny can down BM in exactly 0.0001 seconds. Nerf Kenny pls.

Let me explain a bit more thoroughly. There wouldn't be a currency spending limit per character, because that is much too complicated. So we would decide as staff on a common ground for the stats. In a hypothetical situation, primary stats could be limited at 1m each, then secondary stats like AP and SP could be capped at 2m. Anyone who is currently over the limits would be reimbursed per stat per character with a different stat or different custom items, but the staff would have to discuss this more carefully if this happens to be the outcome. These limits are just hypothetical at this point, but we could implement a cap based on the general population's average stats in each field, or figure another way to compute it. Devs and Admins wouldn't be affected by this kind of ruling, but new rules would be added for us that would disallow the use of over-capped characters in PvP.

If we reduced the stats by a percentage, we would also reduce the stats you can purchase per dollar amount. In other words, the value of the stats remain unchanged if we were to reduce by some percentage. This would in no way effect value of the stats you may purchase, simply a server-wide nerf. Say we reduce by 30%, that 30% reduces my resistances by 30%, and the amount you can purchase per dollar by 30%. So here is a math example: 1000 resists is reduced to 700 resists, and the value of resists is at 100 per $1, which would be reduced to 70 per $1. The value remains unchanged.

THIS seems awfully familiar. STATSLASH. and so it begins.

Yes, this is essentially similar to Reaper's Stat-Slash.

Let me explain a bit more thoroughly. There wouldn't be a currency spending limit per character, because that is much too complicated. So we would decide as staff on a common ground for the stats. In a hypothetical situation, primary stats could be limited at 1m each, then secondary stats like AP and SP could be capped at 2m. Anyone who is currently over the limits would be reimbursed per stat per character with a different stat or different custom items, but the staff would have to discuss this more carefully if this happens to be the outcome. These limits are just hypothetical at this point, but we could implement a cap based on the general population's average stats in each field, or figure another way to compute it. Devs and Admins wouldn't be affected by this kind of ruling, but new rules would be added for us that would disallow the use of over-capped characters in PvP.

Well, I apologize since I know this is the most complicated option for the team, but my vote undeniably goes to this, as this option just seems to be the fairest. 

However, starting a poll about this is silly, as the results are obvious. 80% of the (active) realm is composed of people with VIP gear, and around 40% of that is people with a trillion points in each stats. I mean, who doesn't wanna be OP?

Well, I apologize since I know this is the most complicated option for the team, but my vote undeniably goes to this, as this option just seems to be the fairest. 

However, starting a poll about this is silly, as the results are obvious. 80% of the (active) realm is composed of people with VIP gear, and around 40% of that is people with a trillion points in each stats. I mean, who doesn't wanna be OP?

The poll results will not determine the outcome, due to players using 3-4 accounts to vote. It is just for a general understanding of what people want. We want more replies to this topic sharing your opinion, and why you want a specific outcome.

Well, it's way too complicated ... i can't stop myself from comparing Eternian to Eternion in general. It's cool you guys doubled the stats gained from donating compared to Eternion, but this brought problems. Reducing the stats on non-vip / vip gear is the worst thing you can do i believe. Setting a limit on purchased stats is pretty pointless as well. One solution is that high donors should not help non-vip players that much (though i don't think this will work). Because it lets them farm up fast and then they have nothing to do so they leave ... The second solution and the best so far i believe is to buff the mobs in every instance instead of nerfing, so it will take more time to farm as it was on eternion. As for new content, you can add instances where mobs drop gear / weapons instead of materials so this can bring an alternative options to farm. Let the X IW be the last upgrade for this gear. Add something weaker than IW but still useful. I have no clue you guys understand what i mean or not but this could work really very well.

To be honest I would be extremely annoyed if there was to be a statslash, I don't care if the value stays the same, what doesn't stay the same is the fact that I/we have paid all this money to BE this strong. That's the whole reason we spent the money. To be nerfed just because a few of us can blitz through any amount of new content you release doesn't make any sense to me. There's only a handful of us who can kill BA in under 3 seconds, the rest of the VIPs normally need 2-3 of them to even kill it in 20 seconds.

Either way I probably won't stop playing here, but I will probably be extremely angry.

Cheers,
Pete

• Staff

Well, it's way too complicated ... i can't stop myself from comparing Eternian to Eternion in general. It's cool you guys doubled the stats gained from donating compared to Eternion, but this brought problems. Reducing the stats on non-vip / vip gear is the worst thing you can do i believe. Setting a limit on purchased stats is pretty pointless as well. One solution is that high donors should not help non-vip players that much (though i don't think this will work). Because it lets them farm up fast and then they have nothing to do so they leave ... The second solution and the best so far i believe is to buff the mobs in every instance instead of nerfing, so it will take more time to farm as it was on eternion. As for new content, you can add instances where mobs drop gear / weapons instead of materials so this can bring an alternative options to farm. Let the X IW be the last upgrade for this gear. Add something weaker than IW but still useful. I have no clue you guys understand what i mean or not but this could work really very well.

I understand what you mean, the reason we nerfed dungeons was so that they could be done by non VIPs in a reasonable amount of time with out having to beg people with millions of stats. Its also mainly me and kenny who do runs for people, the only people who really over powered currently that come around and play are Pete and Rhin/Amp beyond that there really aren't any super powered donors hanging around anymore. We're also discussing ways to assist players with out making it overly easy.

Not that I have anything to do with this, but why not implement a gear limit on certain areas? Like the Illustrious zone on Reaper. It doesn't allow players to equip vip gear.

In my experience people just get pissed off after a statslash, especially if they paid to become as op as they are.

Anyway, good luck with this. Hope you guys figure out the best option.

• Staff

Not that I have anything to do with this, but why not implement a gear limit on certain areas? Like the Illustrious zone on Reaper. It doesn't allow players to equip vip gear.

In my experience people just get pissed off after a statslash, especially if they paid to become as op as they are.

Any input is welcome here, We have also been looking at ways to limit gear in certain areas, however our goal is to still achieve a greater balance across the entire realm.

This would be more likely if we didn't have as many custom bags as we have. The problem will be implementing a warning for players before they go anywhere that is limited so they don't lose their items. People create bags with stats to hide them...

Not sure if it's possible, I usually turn to iRyan with these ideas. Perhaps it's possible to lock players out if they have certain things equiped, for example custom bags. I know it's possible to lock players out if they don't meet certain requirements, no idea if custom items could be one of those requirements. Might be worth looking at. This way players wouldn't lose items as they would have to unequip the bags manually.

and the stat reduction it reduces everyones item. just lower so we don't hit the HP cap for Mobs and make it so we can keep upgrading stuff and not keep it boring. Sorta the same thing with Retail how they reduced the stats down.

Also, if we ever did change stats op players stay op.. they aren't hitting cap damage as bad. they will still be higher than anybody else.

Just to clarify for everyone. If we do a stat slash it will work somehow like retail did it.

This won't effect anyone's strength in general, if you can kill a mob in 3 seconds, you'll still be able to kill that mob in 3 seconds. All this does for us is it gives us more breathing room to create new content. Right now we can't create anything more enjoyable for a high donor to do seeing as we're at the literal cap of what we can make. We're at the HP limit, armor limit, and we're even using insane damage reductions and it's still dying in sub 30 seconds. This is just going to give us more room to create more content.

Honestly I like playing on eternion because it has the higher numbers that retail doesnt have because they had a statslash. I wouldnt really like a change to the stats, if anything just make the gear limit area. 

Exactly.

Honestly I like playing on eternion because it has the higher numbers that retail doesnt have because they had a statslash. I wouldnt really like a change to the stats, if anything just make the gear limit area. 

The problem with that is bags that are custom are bugged in the restrictions so it unequips them, and you could lose all your stuff. Also, once in a restricted zone, you can reequip the bags with 1m stats and such. This can be a big problem for us and for the players.

The possible stat slash is just for about 20% or more of the stats reduced, so it could be a minor change, but just enough to get us below a certain level. That would allow the other developers and I to design content that is server-wide inclusive.

The large amounts of stats will still be large, just not as overwhelmingly large.

The next thing I could think of is possibly having iRyan change our core values to higher maximums, similar to the gold cap.

you should have just gone ahead and did the statslash, the players are only concerned about being op because they blew alot of money. the staff knows whats best for the realm. So if the staff says so, then thats what's gonna happen. Players clearly are only concerned about stats and content. But since a handful qq about their gear, the decision should be left to the admins alone. So slice dem stats and add new content and go about your lives.

Also, I think this stat slash will be more welcoming to new players because if a new player comes in and he see's a high VIP with so much health hes going to look at his and be turned away by how far he is and how he may never get there.

• IceCold Admins

If everything was reduced by a certain % i don't think i would really care since we need this to happen if we want new content and harder dungeons/world bosses to come out,. I find most of the bosses to be really boring because you just wait for it to spawn then a high donor one hits it......if you do that over and over and over again it gets really boring after a while. i think doing a stat slash would make some high donors angry but it would be better for non vips because  they would  have to work together and maybe want to play on this server/realm more.If you were to do a stat slash how would it affect the haste cap? would it be harder to get or would you just leave it  the way it is now?

I do think that allowing players to buy high amounts of stats was a bad idea to start with because it does take away some of the fun for low vips/non vips since they could get camped all the time by someone with a huge number of stats, like Pete for example the only people who are able to kill him are high donors like kenny or xzero or someone like that, but i like the  idea of being able to customize an item(changing the name, description and display)