Server population

Jecrca1

Recently re-downloaded WoW onto my new labtop, and was fairly excited due to the release of Project Fire. Everything that was said pre release about how it would bring the population back up played a big part in this. I was just wondering, honestly what is being done to bring the population up? I've logged on around 5 times at varying times throughout the day and have yet to see one player/gm/admin in my ~4 hours of play time. At this rate if no advertisement can be afforded is it really worth keeping the server running? Word of mouth and whatever other tactics are being used on a scale of zero to ten, are doing zero for the server so maybe its time to either add another goal beside server costs for advertisement. Either that or might as well just shut the server down in my opinion.

Just from my perspective, as I check up on the website from time to time, IceCold is dead and gone. I'd recommend they pack up and rebrand their entire server package. They started the release in good hopes, but most of the people who paid money were let down and weren't (from what I've read) treated well when it comes to the handling of donations. Messing with peoples' money is one of my worst fears. I lost several of my VIP sets, and a lot of money that I spent on Eternian pre-staff vanished. At this point I don't care anymore, but that deters me from ever donating again for fear of a loss.

The main reasons for lack of population was due to Blizzard's Legion release, Overwatch, and the whole money/donation deal. Those few things combined ended up pushing everyone (or pulling) away from IceCold.

My whole server idea for WotLK tanked too, so heh, let's move on shall we?

On 12/17/2016 at 11:18 PM, Spacepanther said:

Just from my perspective, as I check up on the website from time to time, IceCold is dead and gone. I'd recommend they pack up and rebrand their entire server package. They started the release in good hopes, but most of the people who paid money were let down and weren't (from what I've read) treated well when it comes to the handling of donations. Messing with peoples' money is one of my worst fears. I lost several of my VIP sets, and a lot of money that I spent on Eternian pre-staff vanished. At this point I don't care anymore, but that deters me from ever donating again for fear of a loss.

The main reasons for lack of population was due to Blizzard's Legion release, Overwatch, and the whole money/donation deal. Those few things combined ended up pushing everyone (or pulling) away from IceCold.

My whole server idea for WotLK tanked too, so heh, let's move on shall we?

I don't even think it's because of those other games being released. It's the fact that, like you said, they didnt treat us farely on donations at all, and the fact that PF just isn't fun. I never had any fun while playing it. Icecold is best off as just a memory at this point. I'll remember icecold for all the great times. Push the button and shut it down already, it's honestly time to let this go. 2011-2017, Rip Icecold-WoW

• IceCold Admins
2 hours ago, simenxs said:

I guess its night time for icecold, and the end is close :* Bye, i wish to meet you guys on another Cata server. I prefer Eternion wow like server ;) We are comming in to 2017 and None of the "Staff" Cares.

I cared, mostly about Eternian. That's why I applied and was solo gm for a year, I always wanted to do more for the realm. But there's nothing we can do now. I'd like to thank everyone I met during my time working on that realm. I had a great time doing my best to help all of you, but it is time to pack up your tents. I feel like the campsite will be closing soon.

• Tent locked this topic