IceCold's Newest Project

Spacepanther

• Staff

I just have one suggestion that I have been thinking about for this type of server. Try your best to bring back the adventuring part of WoW that encompasses the whole world. To me, one of the biggest appeals of WoW was the expansive world that required travel to all sorts of places. Keeping that travel and the entire world relevant is important. I know its no easy task, but do your best when you make the 80-100 levels. Ditch the teleporter that allows players to travel to all the places and just keep it simple. I think players often feel confined to certain places on the fun servers and the rest of the world becomes irrelevant and a waste.

Just a thought. Good luck with the server.

Sike no dimensions is better, use that. So where do I connect?

Connection info by PM only, do you have the client I linked a few posts ago?

I just have one suggestion that I have been thinking about for this type of server. Try your best to bring back the adventuring part of WoW that encompasses the whole world. To me, one of the biggest appeals of WoW was the expansive world that required travel to all sorts of places. Keeping that travel and the entire world relevant is important. I know its no easy task, but do your best when you make the 80-100 levels. Ditch the teleporter that allows players to travel to all the places and just keep it simple. I think players often feel confined to certain places on the fun servers and the rest of the world becomes irrelevant and a waste.

Just a thought. Good luck with the server.

Most of my happy time in WotLK was spent flying around Northrend. There will be one teleporter that is consumed on use, traded for gold :). I intent to make it as immersive as I can.

HOW TO CONNECT: 

Get Client, tester form, and the patch and put it in your data folder. https://mega.nz/#F!u4NhWAhT!Uuwe9I2UoPYqT7fPDsRniQ

Private Message me when you've completed that, and I will create an account for you.

Update 4/08/2016

- associated the level boost items with a spec choice so you can obtain the starter 80|100 gear sets for your spec on use

- prepared the scripts to allow teleportation to 80|100 hubs

Known Bugs/Errors:

Lack of creature spawn pools (random spawn locations) so all creature spawn locations are filled.

-CREDIT to Loke.

MP5 (Mana regen per 5s) is broken for all levels.

-CREDIT to Loke.

Some level zones lack amounts of XP to keep players current with their quest selection.

-CREDIT to Loke.

Update 4/12/2016

- Level Boosts 80|100 are complete with visual spells, teleports, items, and gold but need optimized

- Mana regeneration was fixed server-side, patch required to see the visual changes in mana regen (MP5) passed 80

- Solved XP bar past 80, simple addon (mine, or any XP bar addon) required for visual XP bar

- began work on 81-100 content

Update 4/18/2016

-I have completed my custom cost modifications for most of the level 81-100 purchases. 

qLaRPEW.jpg

-Portal Stone (seen above) is 90% complete. The script is only missing faction specific filters for portals.

-Item Level scaling for new items for levels 78-100 has been determined. 100 will base at 400 item Level:

GJqCWnu.jpg

Note: these statistics are subject to change if I find any errors with the current formulas and settings.

• 1 month later...

Update 5/24/16

-Completely reworked (full delete and rewrite) the Portal Stone system and planning1

-full optimization for loading data into memory, instead of queries which are unreliable

-'back' button feature added to loop through the menu

-Level sets for all classes when using boosts are planned out

-Warrior set displays and names were added.

-Portal Stone icons were set

1I plan to add the ability to filter for class and faction exclusive portals.

>>Next project to take on would be to optimize the scripts for level boosts.

le Credit:

Ryan for showing me how (and persuading me) to run scripts through memory, instead of Database queries.

Rick for finding all the sweet ass icons for the portals.

• 3 weeks later...