IceCold's Newest Project

Spacepanther

Hey IceCold,

It is I, the elusive Sean. Not many of you knew why I left Ice-Eternian or even cared for that matter. I'm here to bring news about my plans. I have some major plans to create a 3.3.5a server, but with a twist. For most of you 3.3.5a was the best expansion, I share that opinion so I will bring it to IceCold. The twist with the 3.3.5a should bring some interested people around, but in the mean-time I'd like to tell you about what I want to do in detail.

First, the 3.3.5a realm has yet to have a name. I have it running right now, without most of the additions I want to make. I am going to need everyone's help on some realm names to choose from.  

Second, the 3.3.5a realm plans. I have a running text file with lots of numbers and specifications that will be completely meaningless if nothing on this realm works the way we want it. I would rather give a summary of the plans to my community and see what they think. So here's the important parts:

General

Pay2Skip, not Pay2Win.

Level 100 Cap Optional

level 80 Cap Optional (Stunting experience)

Leveling 1-80 Full Blizz-like

81-100 Full Custom

Special Twink Gear

Level 81-100 will offer unique rewards for your account.

Purchases (Also obtainable via farming)

Level 80

Level 100

Raw Experience

VIP Leveling Gear (1-5 tiers)

Choice of Title

So far, the planning is 45% complete, so input will be taken into heavy consideration. The above plans will not be changed unless a good case is brought up. This is what I've got, and I've tested most of the races' starting zones. They check out 99% for leveling and questing.

TL;DR/Conclusion:

Feedback on the plan for a 3.3.5a is needed. A realm name needs to be decided by the community including staff. I need input for any extra activities for the realm other than what is listed in this post.

LASTLY and MOST IMPORTANTLY: I need players to test the 1-80 content in each race and class. I will write a new post in this thread with attached directions on the connection method.

that sounds very cool sean. so far your server looks really great and is very unique then other servers thats for sure. some ideas i got for a realm name sadly only 3 so far but do what you wish with them

1: Banished Cosmic        2: Cryptic Variant       3: Rendered Promise

like I said these are just names that you can toy with and mix around as you please and I hope it helps. ill see you around then.

BYE Sean!

I don't study economics but won't this tear up the Ice-Cold population even more?

It might help with population, but budget-wise, yeah. We would probably not have the money to do this, seeing as how we barely had enough to work on Project Fire these last 2 months.

In all honesty, it's a pretty cool idea, but we don't need even be thinking about a new project until the one they're working on now is out. 

Posting from my phone.

Great feedback so far. I need to hear a ton of realm names to decide.

As for the economics, project fire will be completely released while this project is still in the works. I just started it and I plan to host it on my home network to save money while in development.

{Here}'s a torrent link for the 3.3.5a client with the latest patch. There will be some future patches.

>>I am doing a bunch of core changes right now, so I won't pass out connection information until I am done with my checklist. The restarts will get annoying. I am hosting it not sure how fast it will go.

The raw link (for scans): https://thepiratebay.se/torrent/14116202/Custom_Patch_3.3.5a_World_of_Warcraft_Client

Virus Total scan: https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/88c82a85d66383847d6963a942eaf79c15b52b1468a2a421e3e0dfeff4d71eb6/analysis/1459411991/

I've been on ice for a bit. I can tell you personally 3.3.5's seem good at first until you have to start fixing loads of faeces. The older ice wotlk attempts failed miserably. Mainly because there was NO STAFF PRESENCE. If it's gonna be blizzlike you know you're gonna be completing quest upon quest cause there's a lot of bugged 3.3.5 content. But if you think you can handle it, by all means.

But here are my suggestions:

Netherrealm 3.3.5

Or twisting nether 3.3.5

Deeznuts . Blizzlike

{Here}'s a torrent link for the 3.3.5a client with the latest patch. There will be some future patches.

>>I am doing a bunch of core changes right now, so I won't pass out connection information until I am done with my checklist. The restarts will get annoying. I am hosting it not sure how fast it will go.

The raw link (for scans): https://thepiratebay.se/torrent/14116202/Custom_Patch_3.3.5a_World_of_Warcraft_Client

Virus Total scan: https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/88c82a85d66383847d6963a942eaf79c15b52b1468a2a421e3e0dfeff4d71eb6/analysis/1459411991/

This is now outdated. I will post a better performing torrent to get the client soon.

I've been on ice for a bit. I can tell you personally 3.3.5's seem good at first until you have to start fixing loads of faeces. The older ice wotlk attempts failed miserably. Mainly because there was NO STAFF PRESENCE. If it's gonna be blizzlike you know you're gonna be completing quest upon quest cause there's a lot of bugged 3.3.5 content. But if you think you can handle it, by all means.

But here are my suggestions:

Netherrealm 3.3.5

Or twisting nether 3.3.5

Deeznuts . Blizzlike

Lobo, I like the "Nether"-like names.

So far I came up with one name myself "Tenebris". Ice-T; Tenebris is latin for dark/darkness.

So far, having some issues with my network connections. I'll be handing out realmlist, account name, and password to selected players when my connection is completed. For now, a revised client is available here: https://mega.nz/#!TgcnWa7B!LVAQqokSarOhAEgkSTqLwFyxMQOUKKNq2tRS8o8vvLM

This is my account on Mega, so I will include all patches I create in the "Patches" folder. For those of you who want the client, have at it. xD

I've received one complaint about the file being broken upon arrival due to a possible error with the file host.

Here's a magnet for uTorrent or bittorrent

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:b296ea8947b36c68f6e022f5a642ecc406ad8968&dn=World+of+Warcraft+3.3.5

Put it here for uTorrent:

VGpgJHl.jpg

This is not a patched file, and is not my file. It is a working 3.3.5 client.

• IceCold Admins

Lobo, I like the "Nether"-like names.

So far I came up with one name myself "Tenebris". Ice-T; Tenebris is latin for dark/darkness.

"Tenebris" sounds like a cool name imo

I started with "Tenebris". Rick and I came up with "Dimensions" due to our plans for the server. I like both pretty evenly.

Here's and update though:

Server's been up for about 1 day 11 hours straight. No crashes.

I will be making a pass at optimizing some of my item scripts, and creating another script for utilities.

What I need to know:

Are you guys willing to level from 80 to 100 without a visible XP bar, and instead use a command to see your XP stats? In order to enable the XP bar in the client, I have to crack it open and change the security features to allow editing the interface. The only other option besides a command or displaying in text would be putting an Addon for an XP bar on the release client. Feedback would be lovely so I know what to do next.

I started with "Tenebris". Rick and I came up with "Dimensions" due to our plans for the server. I like both pretty evenly.

Here's and update though:

Server's been up for about 1 day 11 hours straight. No crashes.

I will be making a pass at optimizing some of my item scripts, and creating another script for utilities.

What I need to know:

Are you guys willing to level from 80 to 100 without a visible XP bar, and instead use a command to see your XP stats? In order to enable the XP bar in the client, I have to crack it open and change the security features to allow editing the interface. The only other option besides a command or displaying in text would be putting an Addon for an XP bar on the release client. Feedback would be lovely so I know what to do next.

I think it would be best to add the xp bar. It's much easier and it will be worth it.

• IceCold Admins

Cracking a wow.exe won't be much easier. I can make a command script in 5 minutes. I could probably crack the wow.exe in about 3 hours, after researching how to do it.

Newer players might not understand or even know there is a command, even if you do tell people some might not pay attention. So I think it would be better to have an xp bar past level 80, it would be more convenient and i think more players would enjoy having it.  

The XP bar past 80 would be great, tho if it takes too much work time which could be used in better circumstances the command would do since I guess the fun should start at 100.

Newer players might not understand or even know there is a command, even if you do tell people some might not pay attention. So I think it would be better to have an xp bar past level 80, it would be more convenient and i think more players would enjoy having it.  

Got it boys, I'll get started. iRyan said I need only change a hex flag for security to enable the edit needed.

Different topic:

Rewards for testers?

Currently I have 4 items made -- Instant 80, Instant 100, +40% level XP consumable, +60% level XP consumable -- I planned on making some extra heirloom sets too.