To Everyone! :)

Thanagor

Hello guys!

So Project Fire launched today, after a very long time.

So things went well... the servers didn't crash, but we know there was other problems.

Yes classes are not the best right now, some fixes were already made today, so please check your favourite class and let us know if anything has improved. Also keep those bug reports coming in!

It's only day 1, the realm will become so fun, please give it some time.

Now we need your help too, if you would like to see this server grow in population, please help spread the word and bring in some new players to join our community.

Also vote everyday, this is so important to bring our server up the listing, and you will build up many vote points to buy very cool mounts/pets/profession mats and more.

We know many of you want to get your VIP gear back, you will, over the next few days that system will be setup and the store will be opening soon.

The date of opening GM positions will also be announced in the next few days, so that we can build a team to keep the server running smoothly while creating fun events for everyone.

Remember on this new realm, gold is valuable so by farming the dungeons and working on professions, eventually you can make a lot. ALSO soon we will be changing a few of the farmed gear pieces to "bind on equipped" so if you put in the hard work, you can sell those pieces on the Auction house.

Anyways... remember any problems you can contact us either in-game, by Admin ticket or on the forums.

Have fun!

I have some real concerns to the so called not vip gear. Thanagor said in game that there will be no vip gear anymore its just the best farmed gear. To us vip's who have spent alot of money to only get the best farmed gear i think is unfair. We didnt spend money for farmed gear. I hope this will be better handled than what i saw in game about vip gear, being farmed gear. I hope this isnt the case on this...

32 minutes ago, midian said:

I have some real concerns to the so called not vip gear. Thanagor said in game that there will be no vip gear anymore its just the best farmed gear. To us vip's who have spent alot of money to only get the best farmed gear i think is unfair. We didnt spend money for farmed gear. I hope this will be better handled than what i saw in game about vip gear, being farmed gear. I hope this isnt the case on this...

i agree with this. i would suggest vip gear being 10 or 20% more powerfull then maxed farm gear. that would be more fair and wouldnt make so much of a power diffrence.

• Owners
16 hours ago, midian said:

Tier 8 (which is the best gear) comes from the Firelands raid. This raid won't be available for several months. And even when it is, it requires full raid groups to attempt. So realistically if you have bought the higher sets, you do have better gear than the best available free gear for a long time.

That's still saying what was paid for is still farm gear, the reason we all bought vip gear was. reason 1. to start off with better gear quickly example vip 1-2   reason 2. Than there were those who wanted to be insane with there gear, to rule those who had farmed gear and also to do whatever content they wanted. Never when we bought vip7 did we want it to be equal to farm gear. everyone who had vip 7 and who bought soatt's and who bought tabard's "supported" this server with these purchases. I cant help but say its a slap in the face to those who supported this server,  those of us who spent money to be given farm gear. I understand what you are saying about the gear of tier 8, but for the amount of money spent it still should be slightly better than the tier 8 gear. If this is how it will stay so be it, but if you look at what people have to say on this seriously, you will see alot of people are not happy with this. A server will only be as good as the people being happy to play on it. 

17 minutes ago, midian said:

That's still saying what was paid for is still farm gear, the reason we all bought vip gear was. reason 1. to start off with better gear quickly example vip 1-2   reason 2. Than there were those who wanted to be insane with there gear, to rule those who had farmed gear and also to do whatever content they wanted. Never when we bought vip7 did we want it to be equal to farm gear. everyone who had vip 7 and who bought soatt's and who bought tabard's "supported" this server with these purchases. I cant help but say its a slap in the face to those who supported this server,  those of us who spent money to be given farm gear. I understand what you are saying about the gear of tier 8, but for the amount of money spent it still should be slightly better than the tier 8 gear. If this is how it will stay so be it, but if you look at what people have to say on this seriously, you will see alot of people are not happy with this. A server will only be as good as the people being happy to play on it. 

I understood the concerns. i do agree to some degree. like i suggested having 10 or 20% advantage from the highest farmable gear is still acceptable.

about the vip7 + soatt "support" thing. it is not up to the admins wheter or not you donate. that is the player's choice. so whatever we say they have the final word. i do agree it is a slap in the face but ye you choose to donate we really dont have any say in the matter.

• IceCold Admins
52 minutes ago, midian said:

reason 2. Than there were those who wanted to be insane with there gear, to rule those who had farmed gear and also to do whatever content they wanted.

And at the same time ruining the fun for most people. Even for me, things got boring really fast if you could just wreck everything. Even though I don't really like what they're doing so much I understand why they had to. It's hard to please everyone but for future players I can see it being better for them. I understand why people are upset about it but we just need to move on imo. Enjoy the server for what it is, not what it could have been.

43 minutes ago, agittunc said:

like i suggested having 10 or 20% advantage from the highest farmable gear is still acceptable

I agree, if they were to do something to change vip gear this would be the best option.

47 minutes ago, agittunc said:

about the vip7 + soatt "support" thing. it is not up to the admins wheter or not you donate. that is the player's choice. so whatever we say they have the final word. i do agree it is a slap in the face but ye you choose to donate we really dont have any say in the matter.

I feel like this is something that a lot of people forget about when donating. The way I think of it is you give them money to help keep the server up and running and you just get the gear as a reward. Honestly if they had a donate button where you could just donate and not get anything I would do that, I want to see the server grow so having gear better than regular gear means nothing to me. I'm sure other people feel differently though.

i understand what your saying about gear being too crazy, i know it can harm the server all im saying and like others are saying we would like it to be 10% to 20% better than farm gear. That to me isnt asking for much and it wont have a negative effect on the server, as to being to op. It just seems to be the right thing to do. As you were saying about the donate button just to donate some people might do it, but most of us did it cuz we wanted better. but no matter how you look at it its a ice is a business, they sold a product, and than took that product away to not give back anything close to what you paid for. But as this is now a new server with PF and its about raids etc, i do understand where gear over op is bad. Thats why im saying a 10%-20%  difference than what can be farmed, would put this to rest for alot of us. "Its just the right thing to do"...

10 minutes ago, midian said:

i understand what your saying about gear being too crazy, i know it can harm the server all im saying and like others are saying we would like it to be 10% to 20% better than farm gear. That to me isnt asking for much and it wont have a negative effect on the server, as to being to op. It just seems to be the right thing to do. As you were saying about the donate button just to donate some people might do it, but most of us did it cuz we wanted better. but no matter how you look at it its a ice is a business, they sold a product, and than took that product away to not give back anything close to what you paid for. But as this is now a new server with PF and its about raids etc, i do understand where gear over op is bad. Thats why im saying a 10%-20%  difference than what can be farmed, would put this to rest for alot of us. "Its just the right thing to do"...

See what everyone is forgetting, you are not buying VIP anymore,  you can't "pay to win"... the gear you can buy is only to skip months of farming the current gear. So its a "pay to skip" realm now. You might think who would do that? plenty of people. Once we work on the population, all the dungeons are released, PvP events are happening everyday... people play in the max haste arena, it will become clear. This time we wanted a balanced realm between players, not something that people can pay a lot of $ to beat someone who pays nothing.

BUT don't worry, people who pay money for sets on our store will 100% get extras, there is so many valuable things on this realm now since everything was reset. You'll find out soon enough what will come with the sets.