Ryan??? Are you going to just let your server die???

Amp

I really enjoy playing this game and I realize that its not cheap to organize and run but how hard can it be to loosen up on some of your stat rules and make this thing fun again for everyone. Owners run around on super OP toons and there are several OP players... myself included and base players want to know what that feels like but the cost is so far out of reach... they simply move to another server.

These are the items I would change if I owned this server. By the way.... I've been running a $100 entry fee (36) owner Fantasy Football league for 8 years and I've always had a waiting list of players trying to get in because my number one rule has always been from the very beginning.... make and keep my league fun and different from all of the other leagues and that simple philosophy works extremely well.

1. I would price base stats at $1 = 5000. (This would cause all players to start donating)
  2. I would price special stats like resilience, haste, expertise, etc,,, at $1 = 100.
  3. VIP sets would be VIP 1 ($25), VIP2 ($35), VIP3 ($45), VIP4 ($60), VIP5 ($75), VIP6 ($90), VIP7 ($100).
  4. Titan Grip and All Talent Points would cost $20
  5. If possible... uncap Resilience to compensate for OPs extreme damage. (Resilience would be a money maker)
  6. Set up Character Trading/Selling.
  7. Make all flying beast available as part of a special dungeon quest.
  8. Mod the arena to promote dueling.

Respectfully submitted for your consideration...

Arashi (ps... I have no problem with a server nation of OPs)

The reason why the cost is up so much so we don't have everyone running around with op players. its not that hard to farm for gear and most gear is the same stats as VIP even better. VIP's help the server stay up and get rewarded as a Custom Geared "OP Rogue" i help out other players gear up which i think every donor should do. and plus if you don't like the amount of op players then they are working on a balanced pvp area and gear where you cannot use vip or farmed gear just the balanced gear and so far its really balanced and i really can't wait for it to come out. also I've been admin and dev here. and owned couple of my own servers and been gms and devs on whole bunch of servers.

if you ask me i would say lower the prices by 25% it will make things a lot better and try to get new players to play the game and keep playing all who i know left or just stopped playing as they used to do i used to stay online for over 5 hours and now i dont even stay online for 30min theres no points in playing any more even tho i have vip 7 on eternian with op stats 

• Staff

The reason why the cost is up so much so we don't have everyone running around with op players. its not that hard to farm for gear and most gear is the same stats as VIP even better. VIP's help the server stay up and get rewarded as a Custom Geared "OP Rogue" i help out other players gear up which i think every donor should do. and plus if you don't like the amount of op players then they are working on a balanced pvp area and gear where you cannot use vip or farmed gear just the balanced gear and so far its really balanced and i really can't wait for it to come out. also I've been admin and dev here. and owned couple of my own servers and been gms and devs on whole bunch of servers.

The person working on this was fired btw xD

I agree with Arashi but also disagree, I feel that things like titans grip and full talents could have the prices adjusted(Or be account wide *hint hint*) But more over what I think is needed is more content and especially more staff. I know I've harped about staff before but trust me when I say a good staff makes all the difference. I disagree that the price of stats should be adjusted, it wouldn't really help things in the long run as we would just suddenly end up with an influx of obnoxious children with 5000$ worth of stats for 100$(Not literally but you I think you get the point), Also what I heard from ryan awhile ago is that with the new year they plan on setting up a character shop just like reapers.

The person working on this was fired btw xD

I agree with Arashi but also disagree, I feel that things like titans grip and full talents could have the prices adjusted(Or be account wide *hint hint*) But more over what I think is needed is more content and especially more staff. I know I've harped about staff before but trust me when I say a good staff makes all the difference. I disagree that the price of stats should be adjusted, it wouldn't really help things in the long run as we would just suddenly end up with an influx of obnoxious children with 5000$ worth of stats for 100$(Not literally but you I think you get the point), Also what I heard from ryan awhile ago is that with the new year they plan on setting up a character shop just like reapers.t

actually will is doing it. so its still in work. good friends with staff.

The reason for the pricing is to compensate for things that we need to purchase in order to keep the server alive, such as the hosting, the domains, and even the work that needs to be done by an outside source, seeing as we're not always capable of doing everything. Therefore we need to have prices such as we do.

The caps for things such a resilience and mastery would require months long of patching, and working around, and we're already in the process of things that are going to be much more worth our time (and more enjoyable for everyone else).

As for the character transferring/selling, that's going to be implemented on Eternian in 2015. So, there is hope for that.

The flying beasts thing has never really been a question, or even a thought by anyone, therefore it was never done. Unless I'm confused on this part, and I answered it completely wrong.

Anyways, if I missed anything feel free to reply to this post, or even message me via the forums or Skype (Vynlendus) and I'll reply as soon as I possibly can.

Also, to answer the question posted in the topic, no. I'm in no way ever going to "Let my server die". I'll always be working out whatever comes up, it's just I'm not always going to be able to jump right into action.

its in the general chat... 

It was in Community > General chat. That section concerns IceCold overall, not realms in specific. So I moved it to IceCold-Eternian > Suggestions & Feedback.

This topic has nothing to do with reaper, kid i think you want ot go find the ice-eternian section of the forums, lmao.

You have a fair point but there's no need to be degrading. This guy is submitting a suggesting as he thinks is best for the realm he loves to play. Replies like this might keep some players from submitting their suggestions, which is absolutely not what we want.

In my opinion the owners really aren't doing anything to improve the servers and they are letting it die. For example Bladestorm has been disabled/broken for over a year as well as a lot of other spells. The prices on everything is outrageous and should not even be close to the current prices. I have ran over 10+ gaming servers and most of them have been extremely sucessful and the current one i run, we have 5 servers with 50+ people maxing each server player slot amount. ( Not WoW server FYI ) A server box or host should not cost anything over $100 a month. If they are smart they should get a server box which is around $50 - $200 and has way better specs than they currently have and can run as many servers as they wish, it could run their website, and their teamspeak. If you guys are smart I would suggest you switch to http://www.soyoustart.com/us/essential-servers/ They are the biggest dedicated server host in the world and they have the best support ever. They have 24/7 phone support and you have the choice of many many different Linux OS's and Windows. I have used them before and for around $60 you can get a server box with 32Gigs of ram, and a Xenon E3, as well as over 2 TB of hard drive space all for you any nobody else is on that server box its all yours. They even have Server boxes with 192GB of Ram and Dual Xenon E5's, for only $168 a month. So in my opinion all the prices on the current items are ridiculously over priced and you are either pay 100 times more than you should for your host or, you are just scamming people out of their money. You should really switch hosts if you have to charge that much for a host. Im not trying to be rude, Im just trying to help you should not be paying much for a host.

Well, I'm just going to pick at what I can remember of the post above without scrolling and spending 45 minutes on a response going back and forth.

The reasoning for a lot of spells being disabled and not being fixed is due to the fact that we're working on a much bigger project, and to fix most spells we would need to completely break it down and find the issue, as it's not a database handled fix, therefore it would require a lot of patching for every spell when the project we're currently working on would be a much bigger improvement than spells such as Bladestorm.

The pricing we have is mainly for hosting, as we're not using one dedicated box, we're using multiple for test servers.

I know I didn't cover much in this reply, but if there's anything I did miss and you do want an answer to, I'll gladly reply. Also, just to cover. We're not letting the server die. We're working on a project that if anything would bring the server back to what it used to be. It's a very time consuming thing in which I'm not going to go into much detail about, but once it's complete people will understand where all the time has been spent.

Me and another person has been notified to the Owners to revive Icecold-WoW, we will be putting Icecold back in Toplists and paying for them, and we will be making scheduled events and having more fun ingame with you guys. As far as that goes we will bring Icecold back to the glory days :)

Me and another person has been notified to the Owners to revive Icecold-WoW, we will be putting Icecold back in Toplists and paying for them, and we will be making scheduled events and having more fun ingame with you guys. As far as that goes we will bring Icecold back to the glory days :)

This. So just keep up with us and be patience with us please. we want to provide the best content for our players. sit tight

Aaaand nobody likes you.

This is exactly what Flash was saying NOT to do. You are just being degrading and you make it so people don't want to give their opinions anymore. I find it hilarious how you used to be a game master, too. Just because you are no longer a member of the staff, it does not mean that you can be a douche bag to anyone you want just because they bother you. 

This is going off-topic so please continue share your opinion about the realm

V

Still no likeness for you m8.

Either stay on topic yourself, or don't tell others to. 

I used to consider you a great person. But these posts really tell me otherwise. Not sure why you're showing yourself this way, such a waste.

--------------

^This line represents the end of all the flaming in this post. Please share your opinion on this topic or gtfo. Anything unrelated to the topic will be removed.

As for my personal opinion,

1, 2, 3 & 4. I think all prices are for the staff to be set. They don't want to scare people away with insane prices either, but there has to be a certain flow of money to keep the server going. 

5. Removing the cap from resilience wouldn't be the best idea ever, as it would enable player to reduce pvp damage by a 100%. Increasing the cap however could be a good idea, but as said above it would still require a great deal of work. 

6. Setting up a character shop is a great suggestion. Also stated above, plans have been made to do so in 2015.

7. Not sure what this one means, but if you want more flying mounts to be available I guess that's worth looking in to. Plenty of people like to collect mounts.

8. Could you define this suggestion a bit more? "Mod" can mean so many things.

Let's keep this topic alive people. Any additions are more than welcome.

Either stay on topic yourself, or don't tell others to. 

I used to consider you a great person. But these posts really tell me otherwise. Not sure why you're showing yourself this way, such a waste.

--------------

^This line represents the end of all the flaming in this post. Please share your opinion on this topic or gtfo. 

Thanks.

If the next comment isn't helpful or feedback for the ORIGINAL topic post, I will be locking this thread. There is no excuse to have random conversations on a suggestion thread.

Our job as a community is to encourage suggestions.

Flash literally JUST said that earlier today. Thanks for "helping", though.