Ice-Eternian Suggestion Thread

Tent

• IceCold Admins

This is where new suggestions will be posted, rewards may be given out in the form of event tokens if we use any suggestions, the amount will change depending on the suggestion.

This is for new content only. Any transmog related requests posted here will be removed. Transmog suggestions go here

FORMAT:

Type: (Instance, Items, Quest Chain, update for current quest/items, etc.)

Description: (tell us about your suggestion, the more details the better.)

Credits: (you, and/or your friend.)

An admin or dev will reply to any suggestions we use.

• Tent pinned this topic
  • IceCold Admins

Suggestions we will be looking at:

1. Bring back the morphs/character transformation/effects items to the vote vendor.

2. Make the following items BoA: Ice Warden's Embroidery, Soul of Anguish, Soul of the Damned, Vengeful Soul, Soul of Torment.

3. Introduce a new vote reward, an item that increases all your damage done by 30%, and all damage taken by 10%. This would allow the server to gain more votes, as players would want to obtain this item. The cost would be 5 for 5 VP.

4. Add "Mythical Metal" from the Cave of Frozen Relics Dungeon to the vote vendor and cost 10 VP each

5. Differentiate the regular IW V Trinkets from the 35 VP ones.

6. Add Green, Orange, and Purple gems to the gem vendor, this would allow more customizing options when gemming our characters.

6. Learn all weapons needs to return. 

• 1 year later...

Hey, I have 2 suggestions regarding the status of the shirt/tabard that drop from WBs.

1. Remove the non-vip Tabard of Frost / Shirt of Power. Remove the <VIP> designation of the current  <VIP> Tabard of Frost / <VIP> Shirt of Power. Make both drop from DW and DL. I don't see a point in gating "non-vip" items. (95% of the population is VIP/has the status, so the non-vip variant is essentially useless).

Add the shirt and tabard to Alexstrasza's loot table with a 25% drop chance for each. She is is difficult enough to justify the drop.

OR

2. Change the Tabard of Frost / Shirt of Power to a reagent that drops from DW / DL / Alex to upgrade to an item better than the Tormented variants. (Similar to embroidery)

The Ice Warden's tabards are currently useless because the Shirt of Power / Tabard of Frost offer both spell and melee stats, have more stats than Tormented, and are easier to obtain. As you said with the weapons, they technically shouldn't drop as items from world bosses since you basically skip the whole upgrade process.

I got a suggestion for a dungeon. 10 bosses with strong health and damage that drops set pieces for each class , the set should have some set bonuses, the bonuses is up to you Admins to decide if it should be very OP or not. But i think that it could be fun to have 1 dungeon like that.

Also a quest chain that require serious amount of hours to reach a full and very good custom armor set. Upgrade the gear like 3-5 times.

• 2 months later...

I've played here for a long time now and the one thing I can say this server needs is players but I've never seen any type of advertisement, very little on YouTube about this server even when searched for directly.. and nothing up to date thats for sure.. theres a lot of potential in this server,  and I think if just a little more effort went into advertising this server would be doing a lot better, at the rate this game goes its people come on farm for max gear then leave again because theres nothing to do after that.. in a pvp server theres 0 pvp going on because theres never enough people online..

On 20/6/2019 at 6:12 AM, Iroh said:

I've played here for a long time now and the one thing I can say this server needs is players but I've never seen any type of advertisement, very little on YouTube about this server even when searched for directly.. and nothing up to date thats for sure.. theres a lot of potential in this server,  and I think if just a little more effort went into advertising this server would be doing a lot better, at the rate this game goes its people come on farm for max gear then leave again because theres nothing to do after that.. in a pvp server theres 0 pvp going on because theres never enough people online..

Thanks for your suggestion! 

I've actually been thinking of ways we can increase our votes on the server to attract more players and we've got a few good ideas which are being discussed as we speak, and i'm also currently in contact with a youtuber which gets a fair amount of views per video... Hopefully something with that will happen soon.

As for new content to keep new and existing players busy; after the admins are done with revamping our Reaper realm, we'll also be whipping up something tasty for our Eternian realm to keep the dedicated players busy!

• 2 years later...

Revamp Cave of Frozen Relics for Christmas Event

Cave of Frozen Relics is pretty redundant now due to how many strong weapons there are in the game compared to the Glacial series. It is possible to re-do this dungeon as an outdoor Christmas event dungeon? I believe it would be better than previous years, which were just standing around waiting for a boss and looting presents.

• IceCold Admins
11 minutes ago, Moonkinstar said:

Revamp Cave of Frozen Relics for Christmas Event

Cave of Frozen Relics is pretty redundant now due to how many strong weapons there are in the game compared to the Glacial series. It is possible to re-do this dungeon as an outdoor Christmas event dungeon? I believe it would be better than previous years, which were just standing around waiting for a boss and looting presents.

Probably. I was going to remove the zone entirely but we could use it for a Christmas event.

4 minutes ago, Moonkinstar said:

Increase the MG reward for defeating Alexstrasza the Life Binder from 250.000 to 1.000.000. Conversely, reduce the MG reward for defeating Deathwing and Darklord Ga'liger from 1.000.000 to 250.000. This should more or less reflect the difficulty of these bosses

I have plans to convert our world bosses to proper c++ scripts(excluding Ga'liger as he already uses a script) so I will look into changing the MG drop values around the time I make the scripts.

• IceCold Admins
9 minutes ago, Moonkinstar said:

Not sure if this is possible but,

Remove guild charter requirement and allow guilds to be automatically leveled to level 25. (And option to level existing guilds at the guild creator NPC).

Unfortunately that is not something I am able to do.

The following DoH weapons do not currently have a weapon upgrade :

Shadow Shard

Dragonscale Defender

Ancient Bulwark

Paranoia

Blazing Chopper

Wailing Slicer

Wind's Resonance

Diablo's Tooth

In addition most DoH items are unique, this property should be removed as multiple of these are permitted at the max upgrade of these items

Restore the following Enchants to VIP Mall Enchants Vendor

Head

[Arcanum of the Earthen Ring]     +90 stamina, +35 dodge rating    
[Arcanum of Hyjal]    +60 intellect, +35 crit   
[Arcanum of the Ramkahen]   +60 agility, +35 haste 
[Arcanum of the Wildhammer] +60 strength, +35 mastery  
[Arcanum of the Dragonmaw] +60 strength, +35 mastery   
[Arcanum of Vicious Agility] +60 agility, +35 resilience rating    
[Arcanum of Vicious Strength]+60 strength +35 resilience rating  
[Arcanum of Vicious Intellect] +60 intellect, +35 resilience rating 

Shoulder :

[Greater Inscription of Vicious Agility]    +50 Agility, +25 Resilience Rating
[Greater Inscription of Vicious Sententiousness]   +50 Agility, +25 Resilience Rating 
[Greater Inscription of Vicious Intellect]   +50 Intellect, +25 Resilience Rating   
[Greater Inscription of Vicious Strength]     +50 Strength, +25 Resilience Rating  
[Greater Inscription of Charged Lodestone]  +50 Intellect, +25 Haste    
[Greater Inscription of Jagged Stone]   +50 Strength, +25 Critical Strike Rating    
[Greater Inscription of Shattered Crystal] +50 Agility, +25 Mastery Rating      
[Greater Inscription of Unbreakable Quartz] +75 Stamina, +25 Dodge Rating   

Chest, Shoulders, Legs, Hands or Feet :

[Heavy Savage Armor Kit]    +44 stamina    

Back :

[Enchant Cloak - Greater Speed]    +23 haste rating
[Enchant Cloak - Greater Intellect] +50 intellect

Chest :

[Enchant Chest - Peerless Stats]  +20 all stats
[Enchant Chest - Greater Stamina] +75 stamina     

Bracer : 

[Enchant Bracer - Agility]    +50 agility
[Enchant Bracer - Major Strength]    +50 strength
[Enchant Bracer - Mighty Intellect]   +50 intellect                          
[Enchant Bracer - Major Stamina]    +40 stamina
[Enchant Bracer - Greater Speed]  +65 haste rating

Hands

[Enchant Gloves - Greater Mastery]    +65 mastery  
[Enchant Gloves - Mighty Strength]    +50 strength    
[Enchant Gloves - Haste]   +50 haste

Legs :

[Dragonscale Leg Armor]    +190 attack power, +55 critical strike rating
[Twilight Leg Armor] +85 stamina, +45 agility                                                                                              
[Powerful Enchanted Spellthread]    +95 intellect, +80 stamina

Feet

[Enchant Boots - Mastery]    +50 mastery rating
[Enchant Boots - Haste]     +50 haste rating
[Enchant Boots - Lavawalker]   +35 mastery, +8% run speed
[Enchant Boots - Earthen Vitality] +30 Stamina, +8% run speed
[Enchant Boots - Assassin's Step] +25 agility, +8% run speed

Edited by Moonkinstar

Suggestion regarding all event items :

Currently, all event items are far stronger than the obtainable max offset/weaponset (includes Ice Warden's weapons and accessories, Shadowsbane accessories, [VIP] Gruul's Accessories, DoH, HoH /Hyjal Weapons/Accessories). I'd say around 60-70% of the playerbase only comes on twice a year to attend events, only to have the event gear being buffed stronger each time. Since the 2019 Christmas Event, all event gear has far surpassed farmable BiS.

I believe that event gear should be there to help players "catch-up", and have cool visual effects that don't affect regular gameplay. They could have a unique model, effect or even a cool mount to reflect this. At the very most, all event gear should be -200 of farmable BiS. 

It is not fair for the players who continually play and support the server year-round be denied to BiS gear if they have other obligations during the holidays. Gating BiS behind events brings players back, only once or twice a year. I agree that event items should be fun and rewarding, but not your "go-to shop" for the next BiS set until next year.

Having holiday bags be the BiS item to obtain each event is enough, rather than having all event offsets and weapons be BiS

Edited by Moonkinstar

5 hours ago, Moonkinstar said:

Suggestion regarding all event items :

Currently, all event items are far stronger than the obtainable max offset/weaponset (includes Ice Warden's weapons and accessories, Shadowsbane accessories, [VIP] Gruul's Accessories, DoH, HoH /Hyjal Weapons/Accessories). I'd say around 60-70% of the playerbase only comes on twice a year to attend events, only to have the event gear being buffed stronger each time. Since the 2019 Christmas Event, all event gear has far surpassed farmable BiS.

I believe that event gear should be there to help players "catch-up", and have cool visual effects that don't affect regular gameplay. They could have a unique model, effect or even a cool mount to reflect this. At the very most, all event gear should be -200 of farmable BiS. 

It is not fair for the players who continually play and support the server year-round be denied to BiS gear if they have other obligations during the holidays. Gating BiS behind events brings players back, only once or twice a year. I agree that event items should be fun and rewarding, but not your "go-to shop" for the next BiS set until next year.

Having holiday bags be the BiS item to obtain each event is enough, rather than having all event offsets and weapons be BiS

Thanks for this!
We'll properly review what you're concerned with as a team and deal with it appropriately... can't make any promises but this will definitely be taken into consideration and changes could be made ?
@Tent

• IceCold Admins
17 hours ago, Moonkinstar said:

Restore the following Enchants to VIP Mall Enchants Vendor

Head

[Arcanum of the Earthen Ring]     +90 stamina, +35 dodge rating    
[Arcanum of Hyjal]    +60 intellect, +35 crit   
[Arcanum of the Ramkahen]   +60 agility, +35 haste 
[Arcanum of the Wildhammer] +60 strength, +35 mastery  
[Arcanum of the Dragonmaw] +60 strength, +35 mastery   
[Arcanum of Vicious Agility] +60 agility, +35 resilience rating    
[Arcanum of Vicious Strength]+60 strength +35 resilience rating  
[Arcanum of Vicious Intellect] +60 intellect, +35 resilience rating 

Shoulder :

[Greater Inscription of Vicious Agility]    +50 Agility, +25 Resilience Rating
[Greater Inscription of Vicious Sententiousness]   +50 Agility, +25 Resilience Rating 
[Greater Inscription of Vicious Intellect]   +50 Intellect, +25 Resilience Rating   
[Greater Inscription of Vicious Strength]     +50 Strength, +25 Resilience Rating  
[Greater Inscription of Charged Lodestone]  +50 Intellect, +25 Haste    
[Greater Inscription of Jagged Stone]   +50 Strength, +25 Critical Strike Rating    
[Greater Inscription of Shattered Crystal] +50 Agility, +25 Mastery Rating      
[Greater Inscription of Unbreakable Quartz] +75 Stamina, +25 Dodge Rating   

Chest, Shoulders, Legs, Hands or Feet :

[Heavy Savage Armor Kit]    +44 stamina    

Back :

[Enchant Cloak - Greater Speed]    +23 haste rating
[Enchant Cloak - Greater Intellect] +50 intellect

Chest :

[Enchant Chest - Peerless Stats]  +20 all stats
[Enchant Chest - Greater Stamina] +75 stamina     

Bracer : 

[Enchant Bracer - Agility]    +50 agility
[Enchant Bracer - Major Strength]    +50 strength
[Enchant Bracer - Mighty Intellect]   +50 intellect                          
[Enchant Bracer - Major Stamina]    +40 stamina
[Enchant Bracer - Greater Speed]  +65 haste rating

Hands

[Enchant Gloves - Greater Mastery]    +65 mastery  
[Enchant Gloves - Mighty Strength]    +50 strength    
[Enchant Gloves - Haste]   +50 haste

Legs :

[Dragonscale Leg Armor]    +190 attack power, +55 critical strike rating
[Twilight Leg Armor] +85 stamina, +45 agility                                                                                              
[Powerful Enchanted Spellthread]    +95 intellect, +80 stamina

Feet

[Enchant Boots - Mastery]    +50 mastery rating
[Enchant Boots - Haste]     +50 haste rating
[Enchant Boots - Lavawalker]   +35 mastery, +8% run speed
[Enchant Boots - Earthen Vitality] +30 Stamina, +8% run speed
[Enchant Boots - Assassin's Step] +25 agility, +8% run speed

I think all of the vendor data is still there, we just need to fix the multivendor entries so it shows up properly.

I’ll try to get some of these changes out this weekend 

There's a huge power gap between Ice Warden's V and the first level of Glacial  [jumps 1200 stats from 1650 -> 2850], this was due to the former VI-X tiers being removed. This makes it harder to balance dungeons and creates a power creep. If all Glacial gear did only +200 jumps after V, Glacial 8 would have 3450 stats, making it easier to balance new content. I know this requires another major overhaul of the dungeon system, but it's just something to keep in mind.

It also makes Shadowsbane gear more worthy of being a challenge and more prestigious.

I would also suggest toning down the huge power increase from the final upgrade of the Hyjal accessories. If event gear ends up being nerfed, these would also require one. It can also be a chance to fix the discrepancies between certain upgrades (Level 1 puzzle ring having only AP, Level 1 Neck having all stats, then reducing to AP/SP, Lv 3 Staff losing spirit but gaining way too much SP, 2h Axe gaining agility, then losing it at lv 3, etc)

Of course, all of this would nerf non-vips on the server as a whole, and some may even complain about it. I think somewhere down the line, a stat squish needs to occur for both non-vip and vip, maybe like 30-40%. If things continue on as they are now, it will be extremely difficult to balance content around non-vips and vips alike.

Edited by Moonkinstar

• IceCold Admins
1 hour ago, Moonkinstar said:

There's a huge power gap between Ice Warden's V and the first level of Glacial  [jumps 1200 stats from 1650 -> 2850], this was due to the former VI-X tiers being removed. This makes it harder to balance dungeons and creates a power creep. If all Glacial gear did only +200 jumps after V, Glacial 8 would have 3450 stats, making it easier to balance new content. I know this requires another major overhaul of the dungeon system, but it's just something to keep in mind.

It also makes Shadowsbane gear more worthy of being a challenge and more prestigious.

I would also suggest toning down the huge power increase from the final upgrade of the Hyjal accessories. If event gear ends up being nerfed, these would also require one. It can also be a chance to fix the discrepancies between certain upgrades (Level 1 puzzle ring having only AP, Level 1 Neck having all stats, then reducing to AP/SP, Lv 3 Staff losing spirit but gaining way too much SP, 2h Axe gaining agility, then losing it at lv 3, etc)

Of course, all of this would nerf non-vips on the server as a whole, and some may even complain about it. I think somewhere down the line, a stat squish needs to occur for both non-vip and vip, maybe like 30-40%. If things continue on as they are now, it will be extremely difficult to balance content around non-vips and vips alike.

This is something I have considered for a long time, and in the last few months I've been slowly working on a complete rebuild of eternian. I have not decided if I will go through with it or not though. I will share more on it if I get it to a good state and see how players feel about it

• IceCold Admins

I will be implementing the following suggestions shortly after our Halloween event goes live:

1. Fix VIP enchant vendor.
  2. Add Savory Deviate Delight, Orb of the Sin'dorei, Pygmy Oil, Dartol's Rod of Transformation, Gnomeregan Pride, Darkspear Pride to vote vendor. Price: 5VPs & unlimited usage.
  3. Add Faction neutral mailbox to profession mall.

Other suggestions which require larger projects will be announced/released at a later date.