Stamina Increase

Stamina!  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Should we buff all the stamina on the server?

Does this involve VIP gear, and customized VIP which sufferend only name customization?

This would just overall double all the stamina on every item in the game.

How about 1.5 instead of double, would still be a buff without adding so much stamina, just a suggestion tho

1.5 is doable, but 2x would solve some issues for us including a smaller bit of PvP balance (casters won't one shot) and a bit more healing balance for future instances.

Wouldn't instances/mobs have to be buffed since our health would be doubled though?

We're currently in the process of revamping most of the instances, and increasing the damage would be simple. So, that's not an issue. :)

Weren't we talking about how we should downscale in another thread because the server is close to reaching its limits? You guys were talking about down scaling everything to a lot smaller and now you want to upscale it a lot?

I don't know anything about the server reaching it's limits.

I'll vote for the increase for sure tho, because we need to balance the Shadowsbane gear in PvP and the stamina increase is going to solve it.

Weren't we talking about how we should downscale in another thread because the server is close to reaching its limits? You guys were talking about down scaling everything to a lot smaller and now you want to upscale it a lot?

I think the stat slash was mostly meant for the damage output. Players having a lot of hp doesn't have much to do with server limits. Npcs having a lot of hp does. I believe there's an hp cap at 2174k or something along those lines. 

• Staff

As rick states below this was more about damage then HP, the effect of HP content wise is quite minimal. This will also make it more challenging for players to one shot each other in PvP.

I think the stat slash was mostly meant for the damage output. Players having a lot of hp doesn't have much to do with server limits. Npcs having a lot of hp does. I believe there's an hp cap at 2174k or something along those lines. 

You're correct rick and I believe the cap is actually closer to 1.8 billion but I could be wrong on that figure.

Yeah the max limit is 2147 because thats the biggest number a 32bit java cache can hold.

The limits we were talking about hitting are HP limits on mobs, the HP we'd give you guys is just a bit of a balance for making things a bit less faceroll. Trying to make it so PvP isn't 1 shot, and making it so when we introduce 100% required healers, it's not just "1 heal 100% hp".

Also, most the issues we were having with HP limits were due to ex-staff members adding their friends thousands of dollars of free stats, making them do insane amounts of damage. Was just us being blind to the situation at the time :(

The limits we were talking about hitting are HP limits on mobs, the HP we'd give you guys is just a bit of a balance for making things a bit less faceroll. Trying to make it so PvP isn't 1 shot, and making it so when we introduce 100% required healers, it's not just "1 heal 100% hp".

Also, most the issues we were having with HP limits were due to ex-staff members adding their friends thousands of dollars of free stats, making them do insane amounts of damage. Was just us being blind to the situation at the time :(

I think if we increase the stamina on everyone it would allow us to have a pvp style more similar to wow where we have max haste but we dont 1shot it will be an actual fight where we can enjoy the aspect of fighting for a few minutes to actually beat someone with skill and not how good your stats are.

or just lower the stats.. and not hit the Hp cap. lol that's why blizzard did it they were being smart to be open to new content.  you are doing the complete opposite and are going to be reducing your content in the long run. you are restricting yourself

I think this worked out pretty well. Pvp now lasts a lot longer and you can actually get to use more than 1 ability in a fight. The only objection I have is Shadowsbane shamans still being able to one shoot everything non vip with 2mil+ lava lash, and warriors hitting 500k+ auto's on plate with CS, but those are individual skill problems.