Project Fire

Dragneelion

So I don't think I've seen a post about this anywhere, and plus I know almost absolutely nothing about what's coming in Project Fire besides Reaper is getting a revamp I see the picture of Dalaran and I saw someone said something about Dalaran being a world event or something I'm not even sure if they were being serious or just ****ing around, but anyways all we've done is give suggestions so far, so what can we expect from Project Fire besides just a polish up of the server I guess like is there anything your bringing in we can know about know or attempting to bring in or are you just going to bring in everything from our suggestions that you like and think are a great/good ideas? O:

so what can we expect from Project Fire besides just a polish up of the server

A polish up of the server would basically mean keeping everything we have and just improving those things. To quote Ryan:

What you need to understand about Project Fire is that almost all of Reaper is being completely rebuilt from the ground. Pretty much zero world content currently in Reaper will exist in the 4.3 upgrade. It will all be new content.

We're not just improving what we have. Not at all actually. We're building an entirely new realm. Few things may carry over from the current Reaper, but if you're expecting to see an improved Reaper when you log onto Project Fire for the very first time you're going to be disappointed. If you expect anything other than that you'll be very pleased. 

The most important thing about Project Fire is the upgrade from 4.0.6 to 4.3.4 meaning new content.

I see the picture of Dalaran and I saw someone said something about Dalaran being a world event or something I'm not even sure if they were being serious or just ****ing around

What has been posted so far is all true. no one's just ****ing around. Well I am sometimes :teehee: but never regarding Project Fire.

like is there anything your bringing in we can know about know or attempting to bring in or are you just going to bring in everything from our suggestions that you like and think are a great/good ideas? O:

All the suggestions that are decent and possible will be implemented. The Project Fire crew will decide on that together. These suggestions are just additions to the plan though. So we're not just adding suggestions, no.

I'll talk to the crew working on Project Fire about releasing some teasers. I can understand you guys would like to see some of the work we've done. Don't get all excited when we release teasers though. We're not there yet.

I vote it release this year. Ive been waiting for new reaper for quite a while now. Gm apps for project fire PLOX.

What they say when you vote for a release this year: Go **** yourself.

What they say when you say you've been waiting for a new Reaper: Haha, you suck, not gonna happen. Keep paying!

What they say when you want GM apps: Why? You won't get it and neither will the other 50 people who apply.

A polish up of the server would basically mean keeping everything we have and just improving those things. To quote Ryan:

We're not just improving what we have. Not at all actually. We're building an entirely new realm. Few things may carry over from the current Reaper, but if you're expecting to see an improved Reaper when you log onto Project Fire for the very first time you're going to be disappointed. If you expect anything other than that you'll be very pleased. 

The most important thing about Project Fire is the upgrade from 4.0.6 to 4.3.4 meaning new content.

What has been posted so far is all true. no one's just ****ing around. Well I am sometimes :teehee: but never regarding Project Fire.

All the suggestions that are decent and possible will be implemented. The Project Fire crew will decide on that together. These suggestions are just additions to the plan though. So we're not just adding suggestions, no.

I'll talk to crew working on Project Fire about releasing some teasers. I can understand you guys would like to see some of the work we've done. Don't get all excited when we release teasers though. We're not there yet.

Sounds great i'm excited, :D and thanks for the great response. ^^

What they say when you vote for a release this year: Go **** yourself. We'll try our very best, but we simply can't give out a release date because we're not close enough to the release yet. We want it to be perfect when it's released.

What they say when you say you've been waiting for a new Reaper: Haha, you suck, not gonna happen. Keep paying! I think I've said multiple times that we know you've been waiting a long time for this. And that it's taking way longer that expected. And we're sorry for that. But it will be worth your while. Again, we want it to be perfect when it's released.

What they say when you want GM apps: Why? You won't get it and neither will the other 50 people who apply. It has been confirmed that the GM apps will open, just not yet. You may think we desperately need new GMs right now, but it's it's not all that bad. Being GM is all about helping players and right now we're not getting that many requests for help.

Fixed that for you.

Sounds great i'm excited, :D and thanks for the great response. ^^

No problem at all. I hope we can provide you guys with some teasers soon. Sit tight.

What they say when you vote for a release this year: Go **** yourself.

What they say when you say you've been waiting for a new Reaper: Haha, you suck, not gonna happen. Keep paying!

What they say when you want GM apps: Why? You won't get it and neither will the other 50 people who apply.

Just shut up.

So that people know what all is going on with Project Fire: After getting to test it out and run the first set of quests, the general setup is there all classes seem to be in working order. What needs done are a few things that Ryan has had help with: gear set names and several other things to change. Change meaning that there is already a basis for all the items they have set up, but they just need personalized in sets and branded with some type of IceCold branding.

About a month ago we were asked to get some stories for fights, which has been going rather slow. In a valuable update with my opinion: The process of upgrading was about 45% done one month ago. Is it possible to get this thing done before the end of the year? Yes. Will it get a heavier push? Maybe.

I wasn't told not to say anything about all this, and I wasn't told to tell everyone either, so if this happens to be something that shouldn't be said, delete it. To me this information is valuable to the community as to getting them in-the-know.

What you guys, as players, can do is give Ryan and the Reaper development staff suggestions regarding boss fights, gear sets, special fights, unique ideas as to questing or farming, and multiple other things that could be implemented in to make your experience more valuable and diverse.

Give them a literal story-line style boss fight, or a quest-line that gives rewards on the way, instead of sitting in the back seat asking, "Are we there yet?"

So that people know what all is going on with Project Fire: After getting to test it out and run the first set of quests, the general setup is there all classes seem to be in working order. What needs done are a few things that Ryan has had help with: gear set names and several other things to change. Change meaning that there is already a basis for all the items they have set up, but they just need personalized in sets and branded with some type of IceCold branding.

About a month ago we were asked to get some stories for fights, which has been going rather slow. In a valuable update with my opinion: The process of upgrading was about 45% done one month ago. Is it possible to get this thing done before the end of the year? Yes. Will it get a heavier push? Maybe.

I wasn't told not to say anything about all this, and I wasn't told to tell everyone either, so if this happens to be something that shouldn't be said, delete it. To me this information is valuable to the community as to getting them in-the-know.

What you guys, as players, can do is give Ryan and the Reaper development staff suggestions regarding boss fights, gear sets, special fights, unique ideas as to questing or farming, and multiple other things that could be implemented in to make your experience more valuable and diverse.

Give them a literal story-line style boss fight, or a quest-line that gives rewards on the way, instead of sitting in the back seat asking, "Are we there yet?"

Thanks a lot for the info, i'm looking forward to this. :D

First off, thanks. 

I don't see any harm in the things you said. Most of it is true as well. The main story line has been created already. It's basically done. Changes can be made but the story is there. Any side story lines are very welcome, but not necessary for the release. For now we are focusing on things that are required to create a good game experience at the release. Content updates to enrich the realm will be made after the release, but it's not a priority right now. Suggestions for these content updates are very welcome, as are suggestions for the fundamental parts. 

As for the upgrading, the gear has been worked on a lot. The sets are there, like you said. The stats may need some fine tuning, not my area of expertise to be honest. Unfortunately I'm not entirely sure if the names have been decided on yet. I think we're still looking for new names but I'm not sure. I'll let you guys know.

A lot of exciting things have been going on lately, ensuring that Project Fire will be a great gaming experience. I've been going through dungeons and raids with Ryan, checking out what works and what doesn't and I've been positively surprised. Some things need fixing, and that takes time. But when it's done it will be a very complete gaming experience. 

As you all know any input is more than welcome. It's the reason the Reaper suggestion topic was turned into the official Project Fire suggestion topic. A while ago I said I would be keeping the topic up to date with the progression of Project Fire as well as the decisions that were made on the suggestions. I haven't done a great job at that and I'll make up for that. Today after I get home from work I will try to answer to every suggestion that was made so far. I will also try to provide you guys with a couple of teasers as I promised some days ago. 

Thanks for hanging in there and sticking with us. You won't regret it.

First off, thanks. 

I don't see any harm in the things you said. Most of it is true as well. The main story line has been created already. It's basically done. Changes can be made but the story is there. Any side story lines are very welcome, but not necessary for the release. For now we are focusing on things that are required to create a good game experience at the release. Content updates to enrich the realm will be made after the release, but it's not a priority right now. Suggestions for these content updates are very welcome, as are suggestions for the fundamental parts. 

As for the upgrading, the gear has been worked on a lot. The sets are there, like you said. The stats may need some fine tuning, not my area of expertise to be honest. Unfortunately I'm not entirely sure if the names have been decided on yet. I think we're still looking for new names but I'm not sure. I'll let you guys know.

A lot of exciting things have been going on lately, ensuring that Project Fire will be a great gaming experience. I've been going through dungeons and raids with Ryan, checking out what works and what doesn't and I've been positively surprised. Some things need fixing, and that takes time. But when it's done it will be a very complete gaming experience. 

As you all know any input is more than welcome. It's the reason the Reaper suggestion topic was turned into the official Project Fire suggestion topic. A while ago I said I would be keeping the topic up to date with the progression of Project Fire as well as the decisions that were made on the suggestions. I haven't done a great job at that and I'll make up for that. Today after I get home from work I will try to answer to every suggestion that was made so far. I will also try to provide you guys with a couple of teasers as I promised some days ago. 

Thanks for hanging in there and sticking with us. You won't regret it.

Teasers :D I like the sound of that haha.