Wanted: Player Opinions - Twinks

monsterbongz

22 members have voted

1. 1. Shall We Add the Option For Twinks?

• Yes
    • No

Hey guys and gals it's time to bring out the poles and no we're not talking about stripper poles.

We here on Eternian want to hear what players think about Twinks, should we allow them or not?

If we add them, certain things will be added for twinks to do but we will discuss that at a later time.

Right now we just want to know what you think so feel free to vote and leave comments/questions/concerns here and we will comment back!

Also keep in mind that if enough people want this to be done that it won't happen overnight.

Doing this will be a long painful process but can be done. Things have to be edited and rescripted and all that jazz.

yes yes yes yes x 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 . I make twinks on retail (lvl 1 -70 ) and i enjoy it alot ! It would be a great addition, but you will need to make some guideline / rules for them also :D. But please do this <3 i will wuv long time !!!!

Wouldn't that just add another thing to your guys' procrastination list?

It wouldn't be considered high priority until other content is done first, but it could be done. I understand that people are skeptical about things getting done seeing the progression of things lately but there's more people on the team wanting to work so we'll see.

yes yes yes yes x 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 . I make twinks on retail (lvl 1 -70 ) and i enjoy it alot ! It would be a great addition, but you will need to make some guideline / rules for them also :D. But please do this <3 i will wuv long time !!!!

Not sure on the level, I am guessing 70 and as for rules/guidelines that will probably need to be done too when the time comes.

It wouldn't be considered high priority until other content is done first, but it could be done. I understand that people are skeptical about things getting done seeing the progression of things lately but there's more people on the team wanting to work so we'll see.

Not sure on the level, I am guessing 70 and as for rules/guidelines that will probably need to be done too when the time comes.

70 is good :) u get most decent spells by then. you thinking about making it pvp only or pve also?

I would suggest pvp only because 70 haste cap is lower then 85 :P

This is just another idea that is stupid and useless. It's entirely new content, and if this idea were to become something more, it wouldn't be done until the other content is out, like you said. I don't know if you noticed this or not, but your staff isn't really about new content and updating very often. The Eternian staff will take about 8 months to a year to even do this, let alone put out the new content.

This is just another idea that is stupid and useless. It's entirely new content, and if this idea were to become something more, it wouldn't be done until the other content is out, like you said. I don't know if you noticed this or not, but your staff isn't really about new content and updating very often. The Eternian staff will take about 8 months to a year to even do this, let alone put out the new content.

Thank you for letting us know your opinion, Wraithy.

You may think it's stupid and useless, but we're just trying to bring back some of the stuff people miss.

Recently, I've been asked about twinks a bunch of times and tbh.. I think it's a good idea.

Yes they have a lower haste cap, but what's the big deal?

If people want to re-live the "nostalgia" by having a twink, I think this should be taken into consideration.

After all... It could bring more players to the server.. Old Eternion veterans, new players etc..

Which would result in higher population, more votes for Ice-Cold, having more people to advertise for our server...

It's a +1 from me.

Best regards

~Aelexia

Ok, my honest opinion.

What'd be the point of a twink on this server? Haste cap can be gained easily on Eternian, I got it in a week. It was fun on Eternion since over there if you had 0.00 attack speed and you weren't a rogue you were seen as a god tier farmer or something. Here it's just an embarrassment to not have haste cap considering how ridiculously easy it is to get it.

I can see no bad points in adding twinks however, as I suppose some people are too lazy to even spend 2 hours inside a dungeon, but I think it'd be an unwise spending of time on the staff's part, and should be on the very bottom of the to-do list, regardless of how long it's delayed.

And honestly, the only reason someone would want a twink here is to be able to say "LOL M8)9 KPWND BY A TWINK TROLOL U SUK".

Here's some insight for everyone, and a bit of a reply to some:

I understand your frustration with Eternian's development. I can assure you that things will be speeding up within this month. New content will be done and released by about Thursday, that is, Ice Warden's Gear IX. X will come shortly after, and Glacial will cap us off after that. Weapons will receive tuning and several other things will get done within the next few months. Chip and I are here to work on things that make people happy.

I'd like to see twinks implemented even if that feature is gonna be released in some time.

The whole idea of twinks is a great idea. Although it has been said that our scripts for some stats including haste and mastery will not scale down to the lower levels, so that the cap will remain the same or it will cause huge issues with lower levels like 70 and 80. As soon as we complete Eternian's farming system and most of it is tuned for newer players, I will be working on new content with the team. Thank you for your suggestions and advice.

Thank you all for your feedback and opinions. Keep it rollin in.

How are you planning to do this? You're going to need to make a brand new realm. Meaning, it's going to take the Reaper administrators to join in. I don't know if that will happen because I havent seen Jordan in about 6 months, and I haven't seen Ryan in 3-4 months.

This is still a project that we wish to work on, but sadly it might take a bit longer than expected. There's no defined haste caps for different levels, meaning even at level 1 your haste cap is still going to be ~12800. We do plan on going back into the haste script and adding extra haste caps for different levels, but this might take us a little while. 

It's going to be on the same server, it's not that hard really they just have to make some items that have a lower level requirement, also a way to farm them of course.

I say: do it.

If this is going to be on the same realm, how are they supposed to do it? They are talking about a certain level twink. Are they just going to have everyone start off at a lower level and grind their way up to 85, then whoever wants to be a twink, they can stop along the way at the certain level? I really don't understand how they're supposed to put this whole new twink thing into their current core. 

This is still a project that we wish to work on, but sadly it might take a bit longer than expected. There's no defined haste caps for different levels, meaning even at level 1 your haste cap is still going to be ~12800. We do plan on going back into the haste script and adding extra haste caps for different levels, but this might take us a little while. 

They can probably make an npc that is able to level you to twink / level you back to 85