Project Fire Suggestions 2015

Kanefever

OK so this might be a big list, it might not be.

1. MORE Gm's ( people are starting to rage )

2. More Pythios Chests ( like add 1 or 2)

3. Nerf Priests.

4. Add quest item's to RP vendors.

5. Fix the vip 6 weapons. Like seriously 766 damage?

6. Add gold cap to Icecold-Store, and the ability to make your own guild as vip only.

7.  Some of the Death Knight runeforge enchants dont work ( did not test this)

8. Need more staff members online <- MAIN THING 

9.  Have a way to promote guild officers when a guild leader hasnt logged on in years.

10. PROJECT FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nerf priests. I can't kill a priest in VIP7 as a hunter. I have the SAME ****ing gear.

Yeah, really. In Project Fire, you guys mainly need to balance things out before you add a bunch more content. If you have the same gear as someone else, you should be able to kill them. Not have them completely rape you while you take 30% out of their health in which they heal with a click of a button. I also agree with Lobo: We need more active staff and you guys need to make a new gm application page because most of the people who applied for it quit. Reaper went so downhill that it's hard to believe it was one of my favorite servers to play. I am honestly only here still because this place is like home to me. I have met so many people that I still talk to over skype and play other games with. If I was a new player coming to check out Reaper, I would leave very quick. Icecold only stands today because of Eternian. The truth hurts but you guys can fix this so easily, it's painful to see how little you do to keep this server running. 

• Staff

One of the first and main priorities of project fire was to balance the classes as best as possible. Unfortunately, this means the max haste given to everyone will go away. I know it sucks but max haste seems to cause too many problems that can't be fixed. But I think with the custom content and balanced  classes, everyone will soon forget about the max haste after trying it out for a while. It really seems more fun to me without the haste. Combat last longer and battles are more fun.

One of the first and main priorities of project fire was to balance the classes as best as possible. Unfortunately, this means the max haste given to everyone will go away. I know it sucks but max haste seems to cause too many problems that can't be fixed. But I think with the custom content and balanced  classes, everyone will soon forget about the max haste after trying it out for a while. It really seems more fun to me without the haste. Combat last longer and battles are more fun.

Could this mean the removal of meta gems so that players aren't immune to stun/snare/fear/etc? As well, will there be another stat slash to lower the HP and damage output?

I see the removal of max haste to be a great thing. It honestly makes most of the gameplay a faceroll. I mean, it's fun to have and all, but after a while it just gets so boring. What about the staff, though? Do you know if they will be redoing the GM applications or not? An active staff is the next big thing that needs to change. It just sucks, though, because personally, I'd like the staff to be made up of veteran players, or at least people who have been on Reaper long enough to know the community and how things work and we just don't have that anymore.

I pinned this topic since we would like to use this as an official suggestion topic for Project Fire

If there are things about Reaper that you think absolutely must change in the new release, now is the time to let us know, in this very topic. Every serious suggestion made in this topic will be discussed by staff. After a decision has been made we will try our best to inform you of the results. I will personally monitor this thread as frequent as I can to make sure that the suggestion list will remain up-to-date.

I know everyone has been waiting for the new release for quite some time now, but please bare with us. We are working on it and we are making progress. We won't rush things as we want this release to be as complete as it possibly can be. If you can be patient for a little longer I promise your patience will be rewarded.

We can't guarantee that your suggestion will be implemented, we can however guarantee that every serious suggestion will be taken into consideration.

Please keep in mind that the information in this topic is preliminary and may be subject to change before release.

Now, for the suggestion that have already been posted.

OK so this might be a big list, it might not be.

1. MORE Gm's ( people are starting to rage )

2. More Pythios Chests ( like add 1 or 2)

3. Nerf Priests.

5. Fix the vip 6 weapons. Like seriously 766 damage?

6. Add gold cap to Icecold-Store, and the ability to make your own guild as vip only.

7.  Some of the Death Knight runeforge enchants dont work ( did not test this)

8. Need more staff members online <- MAIN THING 

9.  Have a way to promote guild officers when a guild leader hasnt logged on in years.

10. PROJECT FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. The application page will be open again soon. I can't give you an estimate for this but I know it will happen.

2. This will be taken into consideration, however personally I don't support this suggestion. Hoarder's gear is meant to be obtained by killing a difficult boss. Not by clearing a bunch of chests.

3. As Dazanley already stated above, one of our main priorities for Project Fire is to balance the classes as good as possible. In time classes will be tested and if necessary changes will be made.

4. If we were to add quest items to a vendor, what quest items would you like to see? 

5. We will do our very best to make sure that all the weapons will deal an amount of damage that will match their rank.

6a. Enabling players to purchase gold from the store will be taken into consideration.

6b. I'm not sure what you mean here. Enable all VIPs to create a guild without signatures, or enable VIPs to purchase a guild without signatures from the store. Could you explain this some more?

7. I'm aware of 2 bugged runeforge enchants. The ones that increase armor and stamina for both 1 handers and 2 handers. We will see if this bug exists on the 4.3.4 as well. Are there any other bugged runefore enchants that you are aware of?

8. As stated in the first point, the application page will be open again soon.

9. We will look into this. If possible then it will be implemented.

Could this mean the removal of meta gems so that players aren't immune to stun/snare/fear/etc? As well, will there be another stat slash to lower the HP and damage output?

Yes. We will be taking away the excessive amount of meta slots from custom gear. There won't be another stat slash, but some major changes are coming.

Thanks for your suggestions.

As far as quest items go id love to see the freeze ray, the ireroot seeds, visual effect buffs. Id also love to see the beserk buff again. But set a spawn time on it so it doesnt get abused like the last time. Also a fix for the rogue spell : smoke bomb. Also id like to see druids back to the way they once were. And as for the guild charterr and stuff the vips should be able to form a guild without sigs

It looks like Reaper is going to be pulling on my attention for a while then.

I'd suggest making haste hard to obtain, similar to how retail has it. Might I suggest even custom gems for VIP that add the special stats that they should get, so they can keep upgrading their gear. It would be easy enough to do it, as you would code in the custom allowance of a gem flag as a gear piece. Create a new DBC item, add a entry in the DB for a new item, flag it as a gem, add the stats, make it unique (2-3) and viola!

I am sure I am wrong as far as the ease of this idea, and it could be implemented later down the road.

Hopefully hunters can walk and shoot in the core you are changing. If I think of more things to make it shine, I will post them here.

1. As far as quest items go id love to see the freeze ray, the ireroot seeds, visual effect buffs.

2. Id also love to see the beserk buff again. But set a spawn time on it so it doesnt get abused like the last time.

3. Also a fix for the rogue spell : smoke bomb.

4. Also id like to see druids back to the way they once were.

5. And as for the guild charterr and stuff the vips should be able to form a guild without sigs

1. I'll take a look at those items when I get home from work. As for visual buffs, I'll see what I can find, suggestion are welcome.

2. I guess it would be nice to have this, limited tho as you state. I'll add it to the list, see what the rest thinks.

3. We will see if it's bugged on the 4.3. If so, we'll try our best.

4. By this I assume you mean balanced, not as underpowered as they now are?

5. It's unlikely that we'll add this ability since we assume it will only lead to the spam of guilds and VIPs selling guild creations to non-VIPs.

1. I'd suggest making haste hard to obtain, similar to how retail has it.

2. Might I suggest even custom gems for VIP that add the special stats that they should get, so they can keep upgrading their gear. It would be easy enough to do it, as you would code in the custom allowance of a gem flag as a gear piece. Create a new DBC item, add a entry in the DB for a new item, flag it as a gem, add the stats, make it unique (2-3) and viola!

I am sure I am wrong as far as the ease of this idea, and it could be implemented later down the road.

3. Hopefully hunters can walk and shoot in the core you are changing. If I think of more things to make it shine, I will post them here.

1. To be honest I'm not sure if this has been discussed yet, but I will make sure it's on the top of the list. Personally I fully support this suggestion.

2. As far as I know custom gems would require a custom patch that players need to download. I could be wrong, but I thought that's what Ryan told me when I asked a while ago.

3. I'm actually not sure about this. It will be added to the list containing things to check.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I'd suggest making haste hard to obtain, similar to how retail has it. Might I suggest even custom gems for VIP that add the special stats that they should get, so they can keep upgrading their gear. It would be easy enough to do it, as you would code in the custom allowance of a gem flag as a gear piece. Create a new DBC item, add a entry in the DB for a new item, flag it as a gem, add the stats, make it unique (2-3) and viola!

Hopefully hunters can walk and shoot in the core you are changing. If I think of more things to make it shine, I will post them here.

I do like your first suggestion if you are saying it the way I think it is: making haste obtainable a little more than how retail has it, but not how eternian has it. I think they need to downgrade haste, seeing how it is the main stat on both realms and has been for so long, which they are doing in Project fire. I would still like to see haste playing a decent role in our stats. 

Here is my suggestion: 

Give us an option when we upgrade gear to choose a stat build that we would like for the gear upgrade. Like we would have the choice of a chest piece for example. There are 3 chest pieces you can choose from for the upgrade. 1 has a higher amount of haste then the others. 1 has a higher amount of crit than the others. 1 has a higher amount of attack/spell power then the others. 

With this, players will be able to choose which stat they would like to build up. If you go into haste, you hit a bit faster than most people, but without that 100%+ crit chance and a bucket load of attack power. And vise versa for the other pieces. This gives players the opportunity to experiment with different gear sets or mix stats along the way of upgrading to the max gear level.

As for VIP, if you are feeling about considering this suggestion, I'd love to share what I have in mind for the VIP sets.  

I do like your first suggestion if you are saying it the way I think it is: making haste obtainable a little more than how retail has it, but not how eternian has it. I think they need to downgrade haste, seeing how it is the main stat on both realms and has been for so long, which they are doing in Project fire. I would still like to see haste playing a decent role in our stats. 

Here is my suggestion: 

1. Give us an option when we upgrade gear to choose a stat build that we would like for the gear upgrade. Like we would have the choice of a chest piece for example. There are 3 chest pieces you can choose from for the upgrade. 1 has a higher amount of haste then the others. 1 has a higher amount of crit than the others. 1 has a higher amount of attack/spell power then the others. 

With this, players will be able to choose which stat they would like to build up. If you go into haste, you hit a bit faster than most people, but without that 100%+ crit chance and a bucket load of attack power. And vise versa for the other pieces. This gives players the opportunity to experiment with different gear sets or mix stats along the way of upgrading to the max gear level.

2. As for VIP, if you are feeling about considering this suggestion, I'd love to share what I have in mind for the VIP sets.  

1. I can already tell you that we won't be creating 3 different items per spec for each upgrade. The maintenance that comes with this would simply be too much. We will try to think about other ways to let players experiment with stats as I do think it's a good idea. Suggestions for this are welcome.

2. Every suggestion is welcome, so please do share. Like stated above I can't promise it will be implemented, but if it's decent I can guarantee it will be considered.

Thanks for your suggestions so far. I hope more will come.

Here is my suggestion: 

Give us an option when we upgrade gear to choose a stat build that we would like for the gear upgrade. Like we would have the choice of a chest piece for example. There are 3 chest pieces you can choose from for the upgrade. 1 has a higher amount of haste then the others. 1 has a higher amount of crit than the others. 1 has a higher amount of attack/spell power then the others. 

As for VIP, if you are feeling about considering this suggestion, I'd love to share what I have in mind for the VIP sets.  

I like the idea. That is partially what I was going for when I mentioned custom gems. Custom gems would make it EXTREMELY easy.

I would rather be a rogue with crit chance than haste, and a caster with haste rather than full crit chance, and etc.

1. I can already tell you that we won't be creating 3 different items per spec for each upgrade. The maintenance that comes with this would simply be too much. We will try to think about other ways to let players experiment with stats as I do think it's a good idea. Suggestions for this are welcome.

2. Every suggestion is welcome, so please do share. Like stated above I can't promise it will be implemented, but if it's decent I can guarantee it will be considered.

Thanks for your suggestions so far. I hope more will come.

I agree, the idea of making that many sets of gear would be extremely painful to create and maintain, especially coming out the doors with a newborn "expansion".

>>Another thing I would LOVE to see is the implementation of the SET item flag for class specific gear. Most of the gear you have is already class specific, you could simple inherit some of the SET flags from already created gear. I know of a set bonus that lets a mage heal for 1% of damage done. Even some random bonuses would be fun to see; socket bonuses, different enchants fixed and implemented, and etc.

1. I like the idea. That is partially what I was going for when I mentioned custom gems. Custom gems would make it EXTREMELY easy.

I would rather be a rogue with crit chance than haste, and a caster with haste rather than full crit chance, and etc.

I agree, the idea of making that many sets of gear would be extremely painful to create and maintain, especially coming out the doors with a newborn "expansion".

2. >>Another thing I would LOVE to see is the implementation of the SET item flag for class specific gear. Most of the gear you have is already class specific, you could simple inherit some of the SET flags from already created gear. I know of a set bonus that lets a mage heal for 1% of damage done. Even some random bonuses would be fun to see; socket bonuses, different enchants fixed and implemented, and etc.

1. I checked again, custom gems would require a custom client patch. Unfortunately this won't be happening. We will still be looking into different ways that allow players to mess around with their stats.

2. I'll add this to the list. See what the rest thinks about it.

Alright, lemme lay down a few answers to some of those suggestions.

Right now, that is on the 4.3.4 core but we are not certain yet whether it will stay.

>>Another thing I would LOVE to see is the implementation of the SET item flag for class specific gear. Most of the gear you have is already class specific, you could simple inherit some of the SET flags from already created gear. I know of a set bonus that lets a mage heal for 1% of damage done. Even some random bonuses would be fun to see; socket bonuses, different enchants fixed and implemented, and etc.

I was going to add the item set bonus on the current Reaper but some problems occured where if your item was transmogged, it removed the item from the set because of the hidden enchant being applied. This might be possible to do in 4.3.4 now since Retail's Transmog NPC is in there.

Certain quest items like Shoulder-Mounted Drake-Dropper or Ireroot Seeds will be fixed on the new core and won't be added to vendors. However, I might make a vendor and add quest items that are only for fun use and don't annoy other players.

1. I checked again, custom gems would require a custom client patch. Unfortunately this won't be happening. We will still be looking into different ways that allow players to mess around with their stats.

2. I'll add this to the list. See what the rest thinks about it.

Damn, well at least I thought about it :>

I will think of more things that could be implemented in the mean-time.

Alright, lemme lay down a few answers to some of those suggestions.

Right now, that is on the 4.3.4 core but we are not certain yet whether it will stay.

I was going to add the item set bonus on the current Reaper but some problems occured where if your item was transmogged, it removed the item from the set because of the hidden enchant being applied. This might be possible to do in 4.3.4 now since Retail's Transmog NPC is in there.

Certain quest items like Shoulder-Mounted Drake-Dropper or Ireroot Seeds will be fixed on the new core and won't be added to vendors. However, I might make a vendor and add quest items that are only for fun use and don't annoy other players.

Have you tested PvP with hunters being able to strafe (move and shoot)? I know that Eternian has this currently enabled, and it does quite a bit of good for hunters in PvE. PvP they usually get charged/stunned/snared/etc and lose the fight.