dmg reduction spells

justname

Melee dmg reduction spells  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do u want spells tht reduce melee damage taken?

• yes count me in !
    • No it would make vips to op!
    • Idk maby ...
    • Who cares!!
    • Eh O.o

Helloooooo ice-eternian !!!

I have a idea and would love your opinion.

I wanne add spells tht reduce ur melee dmg taken like resist reduces your spell damage taken.

Lets say we put the spell on a bag and when u buy the bag from the start vendor it has 5% psy dmg reduction.

and u can upgrade it to 20/30 % as a non donator, using maths u farm in dungeons /vote points and event tokens.

After tht we could add in coins witch u need to donate for idk about the price for those coins or were we stop the dmg reduction %.

We will have to figure tht out by trying.

Anyway the thing is no matter how much resil or armor u have now people can kill u easily these spells will have the same effect for melee dmg reduction as resist has for spell dmg reduction.

I think eternion-wow did the same thing back in the old day's anyway lemme hear wth u guys think do u want some melee dmg reduction spells or not.

Edited by Whizz

So, not to destroy your idea, but resilience and armor has that covered. Then the fact that there are 4-5 spells that have damage reduction: 15% for 30 seconds(enraged defense), 70% perma, 75% for 10 seconds(shield wall), 90% perma, 99% perma. Those are the options we would have, and quite simply would be way too overpowered.

• Staff

Here's essentially how your idea would go. We create something like physical resistance ok, then we create physical piercing to balance the scales. Now we have 2 new custom stats to balance, debug, and various other things along with people suddenly spending more money for stats they really didn't need to start with. Now we by all means enjoy making money, because thats what keeps the server going, However it essentially just further seperates big spendors from little spendors which actually right now we're looking to even the playing field.

This means casters are nerfed and classes like rogues warrs are just op cuz they focus on direct melee dmg witch atm we cannot reduce like we can reduce the damage we receive from caster classes like priest shaman mage .. this aint right ... in my opinion

Resil and armor rly ... resil capp is worthless and armor lol armor is a joke ...

look at resist tht is dmg reduction.

And I dident mean u have to use those spells u can make your own and take those as a example

We can't make our own spells. Those are the only two real ways to reduce melee damage.

Here's essentially how your idea would go. We create something like physical resistance ok, then we create physical piercing to balance the scales. Now we have 2 new custom stats to balance, debug, and various other things along with people suddenly spending more money for stats they really didn't need to start with. Now we by all means enjoy making money, because thats what keeps the server going, However it essentially just further seperates big spendors from little spendors which actually right now we're looking to even the playing field.

Physical resistance IS armor. We can't make up new statistics at all. The only other things we can do is implement a cap on weapon damage that is lower than the current one, and remove the 3% damage gems so that casters and melee have an even playing field. That would cause a massive increase of difficulty in the content we have right now.

I'm not sure you understand how WoW works... or you do, but you just forgot for a moment there.  I get your point, but what you don't get is that casters are naturally supposed to be weaker in meele combat, for obvious reasons, they're casters for gods sake.

I get what made you make this thread, the fact that a few people on the realm donated a lot less than you but can still kill you cause they're all about damage, so people like you (and some other owlbutts I could name), want to be able to survive in the arena without clicking any buttons, but perhaps what needs to change is not your stats, but your ideology.

well last thing ima say about this. (and then plz close the topic).

I just wanted something like resistance for melee attacks.

Ofc casters are weaker in melee combat lol but tht's not wth i ment ..

Casters are weak in everything lol cuz u just get resist and people do 0 dmg cuz they can absorb 200-500-1b.

But u cannot absorb melee dmg cuz armor and resil wont work or are capped low.

I like the idea of sean capp wep dmg and remove the 3% crit meta's (or make some for caster's).

And i would like to add (Capp resist and penne as u cappd resil and armor)

Ty for ur time people no hard feelings <3 u all ;)

I'm sorry I didn't read the whole text walls, corect me if I'm wrong, you're saying that casters are weaker than other classes in combat.

Well why not make it so you don't respawn in the arena but out of the ring? That should protect the casters from the "respawn kill".

• Staff

I'm sorry I didn't read the whole text walls, corect me if I'm wrong, you're saying that casters are weaker than other classes in combat.

Well why not make it so you don't respawn in the arena but out of the ring? That should protect the casters from the "respawn kill".

Rogues and Druids.

He was wanting some kind of purchasable of farmable damage reduction spells/stats that reduce damage taken by a percentage. The conversation took a turn when people started talking about classes and stats that are good.

As for the matter about adding in a selective respawn area: that would require changes to our core settings. After that, we would need to create graveyards for every area/dungeon/map so that players won't release spirit into the abyss. This is something I have been highly considering doing, but it will take some time to get done, as all of our graveyards are deleted out of the database.