abusive players

I'm starting this topic to at least say something for why this server is dying, it is because of abusive players. People who pay to win, and carry a bad attitude to the server and acting as though they control everything because they paid for it. I can relate to it because for the longest time i was a non VIP and would get camped daily for emasculating the "top tier" vip7s. i would be killed 30-40 times a day and would only play or 2 or 3 hours at a time. So the game became unfun to me so i quit for awhile, i tried it again in the spirit of, "maybe the server changed" and boy was i wrong. Now there are even more vip7s abusing their power and only targeting people who are VIP 3-non VIP. And with no way of killing a vip7 as a vip3 without getting called out for "ganking" or "you're so bad" or "you're just mad" or "come 1v1". Obviously i cannot 1v1 a vip7, that's how the game was created. So if no one else was going to speak out against some of the people who have been abusing their VIP powers and terrorizing the newcomers and even the people who just dont want to spend money such as Vip the priest or Stormcloak the hunter. People who will constantly threaten people without remorse becuase they know in the back of their minds that they paid enough money to beat anyone in the game. This issue is causing massive damage to the player base as you can see when you refresh the /who page. People don't wan to play your game if they are being terrorized within it.

Look, there's no such rule like "Don't kill people 2m below your health" or else. VIP players can do whatever they want with their powers (being VIP doesn't make you immune to the rules though). Donations are a very important part of the server. Do you realize that without donations the server wouldn't succeed?

Yes, donations are a large part of this server, but in turn when you have players that scare off the other half of the server by abusing anti camp rules (killing 4 times in a row and waiting 30 seconds, rinse and repeat) it becomes a server that no one wants to play on. Who would want to play if the best you can be is only around 800k health after weeks of farming and you will still be camped if you speak out against certain vip7s. I'm not speaking out against all donators, i have donated myself and realize how vital it is to keeping the server alive. But it is a balance between player base and donations. Im speaking out against certain people who bring a bad attitude to the server and intentionally make the server a bad time for other people. And gm's constantly turn a blind eye to it in game because it happens to everyone.

You osmosis, you didnt read what he wrote, he didnt say so much about you paying for donor gear, he said, many donor geared are abuse that they have the best gear and camp kill low geared people, when i read what you write osmosis, its, im donor, i do what i want , because i donate, for the server, without you the server die, all he want people to know, is, why camp an low geared  so many times they log out, and maby never coming back to server, so yes, some donors , are killing server, with their power to camp low geared, and that cant be fun, only donor against donor , but all have to also know, its an pvp server so you can be ganked, but why, kill so many times?

Because some people are just douches like that. And it's not abuse of the Anticamp system to kill till a warning, wait the 30 seconds, and kill more. That's just how the AC works. A lot of the time people buy VIP to get revenge on higher geared non VIPs killing them over and over. It's just a vicious cycle that happens on all custom servers with donations like Icecold.

Because some people are just douches like that. And it's not abuse of the Anticamp system to kill till a warning, wait the 30 seconds, and kill more. That's just how the AC works. A lot of the time people buy VIP to get revenge on higher geared non VIPs killing them over and over. It's just a vicious cycle that happens on all custom servers with donations like Icecold.

Not vicious, fun. Its a fun cycle of camp for camp!

well i suppose what i (speaking for most players on the server) want is reform of either the donation system or the anti camp system or even things like more gm's online or less slacky rules that allow for players to feel part of the server rather than just quitting because of harassment. What I'm trying to say is that you should think about the longevity of your server by making it more enjoyable for the people who don't necessarily want to donate $300+ to win.

We made a non-vip arena (Blades Edge) for players to go where no high level gear can be worn. Nobody goes there. I understand the desire to all want to be in the same place, but if the camping is so bad, why not try the non-vip arena.

Cause then they're gonna just complain about how we used vip gear to farm our non vip gear when they still lose.

well i suppose what i (speaking for most players on the server) want is reform of either the donation system or the anti camp system or even things like more gm's online or less slacky rules that allow for players to feel part of the server rather than just quitting because of harassment. What I'm trying to say is that you should think about the longevity of your server by making it more enjoyable for the people who don't necessarily want to donate $300+ to win.

camp ticket # 1454

to be very clear for all of you numbskulls and trolls who don't take your time and read through my post thoroughly, i am NOT blaming donators simply for being donators. That is what keeps the sever running and i am completely aware of it, I am a donator myself. HOWEVER i AM blaming the donators who donate not to keep the server running but to 'rage and camp noobs' as they please, killing them 100s of times before they eventually and inevitably quit the server and go somewhere friendlier. The people who "pay to win" and then bring a horrible attitude to the game and also give the server a bad name. I do not have a problem with ( and most people don't) people who donate. That isn't the problem, and also is not the name of the thread, so if you're a donor and looking to troll, go some place else because this is a legitimate problem. I'm talking about people who abuse the "pay to win" feature and use it to bring a bad name to the server. Because after all, most vip7's who are online now didn't pay 280$ to get their vip7. They could care less if the server is dying financially, because there are plenty of ways to get your hands on a vip7 without paying 300$. So once again if you are a donor, you are NOT the problem, the problem is the people who think they control the game and all of the players in it and proceed to harass players to the point that they quit. 

Hey, u are blaming VIPs ? Dude they paid for it, VIP7 paid 280$ and I don't think that if I paid 280$ I would be glad to know that I can't kill noobs without VIP or same gear. 

i am not blaming vip7's. and most vip's that are online now did not pay 280$ for their char. look through my post and you will see, that my argument is clear, abusive players are the problem on the server, people who give the server a bad name by creating a bad attitude community, not just donators. They are two totally separate types of people. One is very good, one is very bad.

We made a non-vip arena (Blades Edge) for players to go where no high level gear can be worn. Nobody goes there. I understand the desire to all want to be in the same place, but if the camping is so bad, why not try the non-vip arena.

I would like to point out that no one has gone to that arena, ever. Because there simply aren't enough people online at one time for there to be two PVP arenas up and running. That was not the solution to this problem because there are only 10-15 players online at any one given time (obviously more or less depending). I know that Ice Cold is trying to use as little resources as possible to make this problem go away but to be honest it's one that is turning a lot of people away from the server and giving is a bad reputation when ice cold should have a great reputation. It's a very original idea and was executed well to give players max haste, and should make for a fun private server because of the ideas originality however there is a shockingly small player base and i believe it is due to the community.

BUT THE GUY WRITING THIS REPORT HAS a priest with a 300 dollar wep, yet he complains about us vips.......hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm very interesting

are you an ignoramus or can you just not read, the thread name is called abusive players. Why the hell would i complain about vip's if i have a soatl. I'm not complaining about vip's. If you feel like commenting again read the entire thread sentence by sentence. 

http://www.icecold-wow.com/topic/4958-hire-more-staff/#entry25264

http://www.icecold-wow.com/topic/4911-stormcloak-dissrespect/

http://www.icecold-wow.com/topic/4885-player-dr/

http://www.icecold-wow.com/topic/4885-player-dr/

this is just some of the disrespect that goes on daily that the gm's have to deal with. And that is just the beginning of it, if i took video of every day i played, you wouldnt think the server is any fun, and when people that abuse the game are on, it isnt fun, i log off and wait it out.

Lol...you've disrespected me numerous times you are not Better than any of us cmondave. You do the same exact ****ing thing me and vip do, Stop being a hypocrit. Instead of telling us what the problem is, do something about it, talking only goes so far. Wars ware won by action not by talk. Complain about the community but you contribute to the problem?