IceCold Public Auction

Spacepanther

14 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to do a public auction of the banned accounts' items?

• Yes
    • No

Hello and welcome,

My name is Sean, also known as Pp or Botd. I would like to see how many of you know of the dozens of VIP accounts that were permanently banned and rendered useless by ban appeals being denied.

I would like to see the admins put the VIP's and items on these accounts up for public auction on IceCold's Reaper realm/server so that the rest of us thrifty players can get cheap gear and VIP's. I know I don't need any of it, I would however love to see other players get to the same level as the rest of the people that play it.

It would bring a bit more population in if we were to advertise it on the facebook page, and we could see a new wave of motivation for players to get back into playing and voting.

I understand there may be some limitations to what the administrators can do, but I for one would like to make use of the unused and forever neglected items lost in the accounts of the fallen players.

Give us a chance to get cheap!

Just a try at it; under some circumstances there may be limits to what can go up for auction, which is under the discretion of GM's/Admins.

Who's in?

Although the idea sounds nice and all, this is never going to happen. Players that got banned deserve it and we won't just put up their characters for sale. And even if they aren't banned we still won't do it, it would be like us saying "here, take this account for $xxx." Which we will never do.

I would like to see how many of you know of the dozens of VIP accounts that were permanently banned and rendered useless by ban appeals being denied.

Accounts that are rendered completely inoperable by denied appeals. As lobo said, the money goes to the server.

A reason why would be nice.

• Owners

While the idea is fine, as it was said above it would just be unprofessional to do something like that. Somebody may be permanently banned, but the donator stuff on their account is still their property, they simply can no longer access it.

There's also far too many problems associated with it, such as the banned player just using a proxy and buying their own account back, or an auctioned account suddenly losing all it's VIP items due to a later payment dispute from the original owner.

While the idea is fine, as it was said above it would just be unprofessional to do something like that. Somebody may be permanently banned, but the donator stuff on their account is still their property, they simply can no longer access it.

There's also far too many problems associated with it, such as the banned player just using a proxy and buying their own account back, or an auctioned account suddenly losing all it's VIP items due to a later payment dispute from the original owner.

That makes sense. Thanks Ryan.