Re-Vote Stater Gear vs Farmed Gear

Era

Starter Gear or Farmed Gear  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Should Starter or Farmed Gear be allowed in the tournament

• Starter Gear [I'm too lazy to farm my own gear]
    • Farmed Gear [I farmed it, I should be able to use it]

My thought on this. Retail doesn't say "Oh you're behind people who have been playing for 2-3 years, let's take away their gear to make it fair for you". People farm gear to be ahead of everyone even in pvp.

Exactly, It's not cool to change the rules a few days before the actual tournament itself, or maybe create a seperate tournament for that reason, and how is anyone gonna practice with starter gear after we already practiced alot with our regular gear.

• Staff

My thought on this. Retail doesn't say "Oh you're behind people who have been playing for 2-3 years, let's take away their gear to make it fair for you". People farm gear to be ahead of everyone even in pvp.

That's not true. In retail when they do tournaments for prizes and such, everyone is given the same level gear. An example is everyone receives the same level of arena gear. That way nobody in the tournament has a gear advantage and wins are based only on the players skill. That gives everyone in the tournament an equal shot at winning whatever prizes they are giving away.

That's not true. In retail when they do tournaments for prizes and such, everyone is given the same level gear. An example is everyone receives the same level of arena gear. That way nobody in the tournament has a gear advantage and wins are based only on the players skill. That gives everyone in the tournament an equal shot at winning whatever prizes they are giving away.

It's not my fault I can farm my own damn gear, So I should be able to use it, unlike the lazy kids who are able to just grab starter gear and probably win.

I've farmed all of my gear, I'm near full impec, with all icegold off, two Melk weapons, I've farmed and I support going starter gear only to allow free competetion to all players who want to compete. Okay, so you're saying the people who want starter gear are too lazy to farm. What about the new players who want to compete but aren't yet even above blessed. They can't even compete against impec players. How would that make the tournament worthwhile to them. Why would they want to compete in a tournament when they just get one shotted. Saying oh no starter gear because you're too lazy to farm if you want it is like saying oh no farming gear because you just want to use your time spent in game over others. People do things at  different paces. This is why I support the starter gear tourny. For those who whine saying "I farmed impec for this" Okay cool, you just want to one shot everyone else. Yes a fair amount of people now have impec but alot of people who WANT to compete are too scacred to BECAUSE everyone else is impec. I feel we would get alot more teams IF we did starter gear. It would be more fair and rely on actual skill and not just who is willing to throw more time into this server. This is just my opinion, and yes, I've already applied to join the tourny in the correct place, and as I've said I have farmed quite a bit of gear up.

It is true. Retail is gear that you earn, Arena Realms are different, retail is gear you use on a daily basis, not things that are given to you.

Diego wanted every player in the tournament to have a fair chance and compete with their skill and not their gear they farmed. With the past practice tournaments, we have always seen the same people win each one. "Oh Db  and Tuffi win," "Kermadec and Tuffi win," "Puffin and whoever else wins," etc. We do not want the same exact people winning every time. We want there to be a fair chance between everyone who participates, making everyone have to go in starter gear makes there be a fair chance.

Diego wanted every player in the tournament to have a fair chance and compete with their skill and not their gear they farmed. With the past practice tournaments, we have always seen the same people win each one. "Oh Db  and Tuffi win," "Kermadec and Tuffi win," "Puffin and whoever else wins," etc. We do not want the same exact people winning every time. We want there to be a fair chance between everyone who participates, making everyone have to go in starter gear makes there be a fair chance.

1. Yeah I've won 2 times :3

2. Well i would say then farm your gear and dont hope that gm's change the rules that you got a chance. It isnt that hard to get a gear set which gives you the chance to win in tournament. I dont want to say something bad about that but im out of that because I farmed my gear to win at the tournament, And the new ppl just get it in the easy way (Starter gear fight)

Tournaments are supposed to be about skill. If you have the same gear, people won't whine about being overgeard or w/e and just focus on which side is more skilled. On top, new people can join, you guys should also think about them. You guys had your impeccable / voter gear tournaments in the past, let it change for once and see how it goes. I'm pretty sure next one wont be just starter.

I would say you all did good. you have spent a lot of your time earning gear. you may even have a lot of skill to go with that gear. but lets say someone with better skill wants to enter the contest? he has lower gear, hes probally spent a lot of time playing to earn his skill or may even be a natural. now he has demonic gear and you have full impecc what are the odds that all his time practicing to become a really good play but yet he still doesn't win because someone before him has farmed gear longer? I say it doesn't take a lot of skill to grind npcs and pick up items. GJ you now have the best gear you can own anyone? sure its worth it in the arena. but a tournament is a fair event where everyone is given a fair advantage with the same items to prove skill. Kind of like the hunger game ^_^

I agree with this completely.