Discussion about Ice Warden gear.

Ice Warden are pretty weak compare to Arca gear right now. So many rather wanna farm Arca gear because it's easier and better than the Ice warden IX (and the upcoming X Ice warden)

In my opinion Ice Warden gear 7, 8, 9 and 10 should be buffed with atleast 1 meta gem. People who have farmed IX have putted a lot more effort in farming than people who just farm Arca, which really doesnt balance Arca gear and Ice Warden.

Feel free to share YOUR thoughts. It would help a lot.

Would be much better to just nerf Shadowsbane.

Indeed! But of what I've neither Sean and Eli don't want the arca to be nerfed... even tho Arca gives as much haste a Ice Warden X too (and thats not even farmable). Arca gear are really compare to Ice Warden ye

From the position of a warrior with 8k resistances I'm sure it looks more than perfect.

It doesnt really matter if people have doanted or not. The point is that Arca gear are too powerful compare to the Ice Warden gear.

I have almost farmed Ice Warden IX on two characters now, putted A LOT of effort into farming, even tho i know Arca gear are better. I could have farmed Arca gear twice if i spend the same time like i did on Ice Warden. 

Most people just farm Arca because it powerful and easy, they just stop farm gear Ice Warden after. Why? Because Arca are better than Ice Warden IX (even X) atm so why spend more time getting gear thats worse?. Lots don't wanna put so much effort into it, in which people who have farmed Ice Warden IX have.

It does matter, as having 8000 resistances never lets you experience how truly terrifying Shadowsbane casters are, and being a warrior never lets you experience a situation in which you are utterly defeated in the damage department.

And the rest of what you said is something everyone is aware of, even the devs.

It does matter, as having 8000 resistances never lets you experience how truly terrifying Shadowsbane casters are, and being a warrior never lets you experience a situation in which you are utterly defeated in the damage department.

And the rest of what you said is something everyone is aware of, even the devs.

You are clearly out of the discussion, what's your problem about my donations?

I have full non vip gear too...Indeed Shadowsbane Caster's dots are high but that's the point of stamina buffing...

I think Arca gear is balanced, and Dev/Admin team did very well.

I can understand if they dont wanna nerf Arca. But not buffing Ice Warden then makes Ice Warden really useless compare to Arca.

They could buff Ice Warden gear like this

VI adds: 100 mastery 
VII adds: 150 mastery - 1 meta
VIII adds: 200 mastery - 1 meta
IX adds: 250 mastery - 1 meta
X adds: 300 mastery 1 meta

That would really make it worth farming Ice Warden gear!

The thing is, mastery is useless for around 30% of the classes in their non-vip form. And even if what you just recommended was done, wouldn't that make Shadowsbane worthless to farm? It's easier to get indeed, but having a gear set just so uselessly laying around isn't very appealing for the people who made it, and most people won't invest the effort into farming it as Ice Warden would be the road to victory.

You are clearly out of the discussion, what's your problem about my donations?
I have full non vip gear too...Indeed Shadowsbane Caster's dots are high but that's the point of stamina buffing...
I think Arca gear is balanced, and Dev/Admin team did very well.

Useless against dots. Stam buff prevented getting one shots from single damage spells, but dots for most casters do 2m in one cast, an HP threshold which doesn't appear to be a problem for you to reach, hence my previous statements about you not experiencing what the problem is, you know of the problem, but you don't know the problem.

I disagree, it's not balanced at all, it needs its attack power and strength/agility completely removed, no more 2% or 10% nerfs, a complete wipe, so that people actually have to use 2% of their brain when mixing gear pieces, like they did on Eternion. Having Arcatraz gear annihilate Ice Warden gear both in metas and in overall stats given is dumb.

You had a courage warrior on Eternion, I am sure you know what I am talking about, but I am also sure you want to be as OP as possible, whatever it takes.

• Staff

Well I'd just like to state that, while arc gear is powerful how do you guys figure you would get it with out first farming Ice Warden gear? The instance was designed as a challenge for people with max Ice Warden gear, Now because a couple people with Ice Warden IX got the ball rolling everyone's begging the people who farmed it to boost them through it because they're lazy and that's kind of where the problem is coming from. If people were actually forced to somehow farm Ice Warden high enough to where they could actually really clear the dungeon at a reasonable rate with an equal geared group this discussion probably wouldn't even exist.

Well I'd just like to state that, while arc gear is powerful how do you guys figure you would get it with out first farming Ice Warden gear? The instance was designed as a challenge for people with max Ice Warden gear, Now because a couple people with Ice Warden IX got the ball rolling everyone's begging the people who farmed it to boost them through it because they're lazy and that's kind of where the problem is coming from. If people were actually forced to somehow farm Ice Warden high enough to where they could actually really clear the dungeon at a reasonable rate with an equal geared group this discussion probably wouldn't even exist.

Well I'm disagreeing with you. A warrior in V-VI and a healer in V-VI can solo Arca.

When i started farming Arca gear at the time it got released, i did it with a Ice warden V priest, along with a V rogue and warrior. We had no problems solo it. In fact it was easy in just V gear, pretty much all you need to be as dps are haste capped and you can start do Arca?

How many people in IX do you see farming Arca compare to people in V? Only people I've seen are Nightgoblin, Lari and Yad who has IX gear. Everybody else starts when they have IV and V gear because people can do it there easly aswell.

And if you ask people what they wanna farm, Ice Warden IX or Arca gear? They will choose Arca because its easier and better than Ice Warden.

I just got done farming IX to my shaman now... and bloody hell (excuse my words) IT ****ING SUCKS compare to Arca gear. I barely have 1m dps in full IX on my shaman

• Staff

Minor buffs to Ice Warden gear could be put on the table for review, but more over based on your statements we may to wish to buff arcatraz up some, If its not providing a sufficient challenge where players actually feel the need to farm higher ice warden sets to do it then it may need to have the difficulty increased to make it more even with the reward received. Either way I will be making a pull about it.

Minor buffs to Ice Warden gear could be put on the table for review, but more over based on your statements we may to wish to buff arcatraz up some, If its not providing a sufficient challenge where players actually feel the need to farm higher ice warden sets to do it then it may need to have the difficulty increased to make it more even with the reward received. Either way I will be making a pull about it.

Whats the point of buffing the creatures in arca now when like 50% of the people already has it on most characters they have anyway? it still wouldnt help the fact that Arca gear are more powerful that IX right now.

The whole idea of Arcatraz gear was out of my mind to begin with. Why make a new non-vip set, if there's already one? Why not just make Ice-Warden IX upgradeable through Arcatraz?

Because the devs had different ideas they were working at that time, for one part Will has been bussy working on IW X, meanwhile Sean tried to rework Vip 2... Which leaded to this, Op Non Vip Gear that takes less time to farm than Ice warden and with better dmg output statwise.

• 4 months later...

I THINK IT'S TIME TO BRING IT UP AGAIN!

Serval months have past by now. Still IW gear are weak compare to Shadow bane, nothing have been changed on IW or Shadow Bane which is ridiculous! IW are still showing lots of weakness. Mabye not adding mastery to IW are fine because it makes Shadow bane more unique, but the metas on IW and Shadowbane arent adding up.... IW need atleast 1-2 more metas in IX and X, like   IX - 2 metas, X - 3 metas. or just 2 metas on both upgrades. 

I mainly play shaman caster on the server, and yes there's a problem there now. Shaman IW X gear give only 300 int, which is not the big problem in it self. But after they have removed all other stats expect stamina from offset gear it have become a HUGE problem for shaman casters having no mana in long terms!
I understand the concept of removing other stats on the offset, but not having on mind of how it effects other classes and its interfering with their gear. it aint that balanced after all.