pvp in open instances

• Suggestion Type (Event/General Improvement/Nerf/Buff/Loot/Dungeon etc) :General improvement

• A short description : PVP rule update regarding pvp in open instances (instances where everyone can be in without being in a party such as FJ).

• How and Who would that Benefit : Players, GM's, any other staff.  Regarding pvp in open instances such as FJ, pvp should be allowed as long as pvp is not engaged while killing a boss/mob.  This increases competition among players and reduces load on GM's and Staff.

• Any screenshots/images if needed : None

• Suggestion Type (Event/General Improvement/Nerf/Buff/Loot/Dungeon etc) :General improvement
  • A short description : PVP rule update regarding pvp in open instances (instances where everyone can be in without being in a party such as FJ).
  • How and Who would that Benefit : Players, GM's, any other staff.  Regarding pvp in open instances such as FJ, pvp should be allowed as long as pvp is not engaged while killing a boss/mob.  This increases competition among players and reduces load on GM's and Staff.
  • Any screenshots/images if needed : None

Just a quick comment here from zhe Rainbow Owl.

I'm not really supporting this suggestion as this would cause the new players/characters to start whining about being killed while farming..

And it kinda ruins the overall gaming experience having this be done.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one with that on my mind.

~ Aelexia

Just a quick comment here from zhe Rainbow Owl.

I'm not really supporting this suggestion as this would cause the new players/characters to start whining about being killed while farming..

And it kinda ruins the overall gaming experience having this be done.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one with that on my mind.

~ Aelexia

It doesnt really ruin the overall gaming experience as pvp in open instances is really determined by faction. example:  2 alliance cant pvp unless it is a duel but alliance and horde can pvp as they were designed to allow pvp. 

It is an open instance, essentially it is no different then being in any other part of the world and getting attacked. 

Basically this rule makes it so that if pvp is anywhere besides the arena, you face consequences.  It would be hypocritical to have a set of consequences that only apply in a few locations but doing the same thing in a similar environment would have no consequences.

It doesnt really ruin the overall gaming experience as pvp in open instances is really determined by faction. example:  2 alliance cant pvp unless it is a duel but alliance and horde can pvp as they were designed to allow pvp. 

It is an open instance, essentially it is no different then being in any other part of the world and getting attacked. 

Basically this rule makes it so that if pvp is anywhere besides the arena, you face consequences.  It would be hypocritical to have a set of consequences that only apply in a few locations but doing the same thing in a similar environment would have no consequences.

Yeah, well... The rules specifically states that PvP in any dungeon is prohibited. Your suggestion goes against the rules, hence why I disagree with you.

I would anyway.. I hate to see a player being camped in a dungeon, especially if the player is new to the server.. Not the best impression..

dungeon and open instance are 2 different things.  2 people cant be in a dungeon unless they are in a party which when makes pvp unlikely unless a person leaves the group.  open instance on the other hand can have anyone in it.  As for players being camped, we have an anticamp system that works pretty well.

Anyways, my suggestion doesnt go againt the rules.  the rules i think are misunderstood and need modification. 

Further more, my suggestion comes from the same rule being applied on wowge>wowwal>eternion with no adverse effect.  I was a GM on wowge (wowge was merged with wowwal then wowwal became part of eternion.  Same owner) and i know this rule didnt cause any issues among old or new players aside from the few exceptions as there will always be a few who dont follow rules.  As a matter of fact, it helped motivate new members to get better gear and it increases player to player interactions with mass pvp battles between horde and alliance. 

pvp on a pvp realm might ruin the "experience" lol. 

does everyone realise wow was designed with pvp in mind?  This would be why "enemy"  players appear with red names. 

Throw in the fact that this suggestion is in regards to open instance's where all players can go with out being in a party together, not dungeon's where a party is required and everyones concerns are moot.  by making it against the rules to attack in open instances, you are also making it against the rules to attack in any other part of the open world, including but not limited to the arena.

My suggestion comes from the fact that the current rule about fighting in dungeons seems to be misunderstood and when applied, is quite hypocritical

Why would you want to have an open instance?.. Pause... Why an instance in the first place?  Why not just an open area that's already public and set that up for questing?  Why even ask or suggest an instance when you could use someplace like an entire chunk in Northrend?

Like Borean Tundra, clear out the trash mobs, put down actual questing mobs and I'm sure it could be tangible for your idea rather than an instance.  People get confused with instances as dungeons and thinking of the usual horrifics, however if it's in an open area already, for some reason people don't think of those horrific thoughts of bloody murder and adjust to it pretty quickly.

I suppose give higher drop rates or larger amounts of drops compared to Instanced drops would make it worth while instead of just spawning the same mobs with the same drops.