Installing IceCold [Tutorial]

Spacepanther

Question

The game will take quite a while on the first start-up. This is because the launcher is initiating the basic downloads for functionality. You will need to give it about 5-10 minutes to complete this process, especially on older, slower, computers.

I will be glad to give Skype tutorials to those that add me on Skype. Please feel free to keep asking questions, I am sure I have they answer.

Except Macintosh, **** that. :D

Hey, I am having some trouble with this. I got to where you did fine on my own, my game runs but I cannot log it. When I try to log in, it tells me I need to download a patch and then the patch fails to download. I'm not sure what step to take next and any help would be appreciated, thank you :)

I will be glad to give Skype tutorials to those that add me on Skype. Please feel free to keep asking questions, I am sure I have they answer.

Except Macintosh, **** that. :D

I will help anyone that is having problems on Macintosh because that's what I play on. :3

Hey, I am having some trouble with this. I got to where you did fine on my own, my game runs but I cannot log it. When I try to log in, it tells me I need to download a patch and then the patch fails to download. I'm not sure what step to take next and any help would be appreciated, thank you :)

Velion's issue was solved by logging in with the account name you create on the site. He was logging in with his email, which could be conflicting with connection to the login server.

I am still available via Skype. Please add me with you in game name/ account name listed, so I know who you are in order to assist you.

Thanks!

This worked for me but after I selected the realm I picked (Eternion) it wouldn't do anything. So I tried to re-load the Ice-Cold Launcher and as it was sorting out Its thing (I think it was patching or something) my wow crashed so I tried just the IceCold.exe and I also tried WoW.exe (all still in the same folder) and it did the same thing. Does anyone know why? If so I would greatly appreciate it :) thanks

This worked for me but after I selected the realm I picked (Eternion) it wouldn't do anything. So I tried to re-load the Ice-Cold Launcher and as it was sorting out Its thing (I think it was patching or something) my wow crashed so I tried just the IceCold.exe and I also tried WoW.exe (all still in the same folder) and it did the same thing. Does anyone know why? If so I would greatly appreciate it :) thanks

I couldn't say why without more info. 

There may be something blocking it, so make sure the follow the steps exactly as you see them.

What is your Anti-Virus system?

Hi I am having some issues getting online it says that im missing some files and wont load with out them any help i put the files off the website inside the folder and still having issues

Give me some more info and I can help you much easier. 

Thanks guys for letting us know of any issues and I will be sure to assist you in connecting.

i get wow errors following this "tutorial" , but for some reason it worked for me the first time. my game were 80% finished and suddenly this morning i had wow errors again... ****ing pissed lol...

I downloaded this client today and I wanna play, but when I get connected to the Fun realm, my game freezes then I get an error and my game crashes.

ERROR #134 (0x85100086) Fatal Condition

That is the error... How can I fix this? I've tried deleting the Cache Folder, Data>Cache folder, Inferface folder and WTF folder but I still get the error.

tried a few times to log in but it keeps saying I need to download patches but not really sure what to do. I read this post and the comments and saw someone had the same problem but l don't even get anything attempting to download afterwards... I run as admin on my comp and everything is in its correct place.. help please :D

tried a few times to log in but it keeps saying I need to download patches but not really sure what to do. I read this post and the comments and saw someone had the same problem but l don't even get anything attempting to download afterwards... I run as admin on my comp and everything is in its correct place.. help please :D

Are you trying to log in with your email or with your account name?

In order to log into Icecold you will need to use the account name created on the website, not your email.

Using your email will fool the game into thinking you're trying to log in with your battle.net account. 

I read this post and the comments and saw someone had the same problem

I'm guessing you're talking about Velion:

Velion's issue was solved by logging in with the account name you create on the site. He was logging in with his email, which could be conflicting with connection to the login server.

Hope this helps.

i get wow errors following this "tutorial" , but for some reason it worked for me the first time. my game were 80% finished and suddenly this morning i had wow errors again... ****ing pissed lol...

I hope running as administrator solved it, one last thing: I have been getting issues while running the game. I get error #134 after I logout of my computer. This seems to happen for no obvious reason, so I will be investigating for further informational purposes.

I get not responding as soon as It black screens. I waited half an hour and still nothing. What do I do?

It may be possible that your game file is corrupt, or your computer is unable to handle WoW and the initial setup.

I downloaded this client today and I wanna play, but when I get connected to the Fun realm, my game freezes then I get an error and my game crashes.

ERROR #134 (0x85100086) Fatal Condition

That is the error... How can I fix this? I've tried deleting the Cache Folder, Data>Cache folder, Inferface folder and WTF folder but I still get the error.

I get the error all the time, I solve it when I log back in and run the game after deleting the cache. I have a feeling Curse Client may be in the mix here. Give me a list of any modifications you have for the game, and any addons you are using. Let me know if you have curse, and your OS as well. I will be looking into the error further as I had stated above. 

These issues started at a more recent patch, and after I had manually downloaded and extracted an addon. This is not likely going to cause the issue, but I need more info from you folks about the error codes, explain any changes that were made between when the game worked, and when you are getting the code.

Some new information for people having issues connecting:

This is for those that don't want to error out when starting the game and want a more permanent fix.

Normally you can move the whole program file wherever you want it, like the desktop or in the program files.

What you need to do to make ANY folder "Readable":

dTkKPS9.png

Next, 

W3MtRgR.png

Again,

kljOJCR.png

Above, the filled box means some folders and files are read-only, some are not. Checked means that everything is read-only, and not checked means that nothing is read-only.

Lastly, this is what you should see:

LmPWtJP.png

Mine does not stay "readable" for reasons I cannot explain. More than likely, it has to do with my UAC, or other controls over files and permissions. I will look into my group policy settings and let you guys know as soon as I understand what is causing it.