Da Rules

Kanefever

Ok, so since they redid the Nubmer 6 Rule in the RULES SECTION there have been a slight jump in bans if i do say so myself, I think you should have left well enough alone with the d'r in /o , because the d/r in /s could for instance, get you banned when your talking trash to one of your friends. Reaper is indeed changing but i think the rules should stay the same, and that <--- was directed as you know who.

I think you should at least have the courtesy whoever is implying new rules to tell the icecold community that there is a new rule in Effect instead of players being banned without know what they've done, you cant even express your views about the server without being muted, banned or frozen in-game. just useless nonsense. and one more thing 16. Trolling, disrespecting staff, ranting about the server, etc. will result in a mute or ban., THAT BASICALLY MEANS YOU CANT SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT ICECOLD OR ILL BAN YOU..is that what icecold has become, oh my Jesuits. and these paypal rules have got to stop.. you cant advertise selling of real money...WTF?? so what do e buy vouchers and characters with now?/ ****ing monopoly money? oh no its called icecold currency <--- LOL'd. we cant advertise for paypal but we can buy with paypal....contradictory maybe??? you dont have to waste your time reading all this, I'm just stating the obvious and saying what most are afraid to say.

• Staff

Talking trash to other players can be a bit of an ambiguous and subjective matter. What is offensive to one person can be perfectly acceptable to another. Something that could also be extremely offensive from a stranger may also be acceptable when a friend says it. There is just a lot scenarios that can play out which forces the admins to come to one conclusion: enforce the same rules on everyone. This is the reason for the rule change and it keeps the player content acceptable for virtually everyone who joins the server.

Now for the personal view of things. I believe that some smack talk is acceptable and part of the game. As you battle and skirmish in PvP, it is the norm to say things like "you suck" or "learn to play noob". stuff that is similar to that. But once you involve swearing, profane and derogatory language, it becomes punishable because it establishes a negative environment on Icecold.

Make sense?

• Staff

Why, because there was a reasonable change? Admins want change, adjust the rules. Warnings are given and rule changes announced. Its never good enough is it?

The problem is honestly, I think we have been to nice in the past. I suppose if we would have been more strict all along, you wouldn't be complaining about us being more strict now.

Think about one thing. Have you ever seen me, even the couple of years I was a normal player, be as rude and disrespectful as many of you are to other players? I have always treaded others as I wanted to be treated. Even during my disagreements with other players and even GM's. The players that are disrespectful to other players are one of the reasons why our community cannot grow and it has to stop.

You speak on the disrespect part but what about THe paypal part and the ranting about the server??? 16. Trolling, disrespecting staff, ranting about the server, etc. will result in a mute or ban. <----

I dont care about the disrespect rule im just saying that there should be some type of announcement implemented for new rules...YOu  don't see the united states making laws without us hearing about them?? now do you? you can speak about how well of a player you were in the past but not how corrupt icecold has become.

• Staff

Ryan put forth the rule about not advertising paypal sales and such because it was becoming too much of a problem with frauds and scams and people wanted support from it. If people sell something through paypal, we cannot support it, period. So why allow it to be advertised in game? If you really disagree with the advertising thing, then I will let Ryan or Jordan chime in on that. But that is the reason as I understand it that paypal type sales between players is not allowed.

Ranting about the server in game does absolutely no good and creatures negative opinions about it. So it will never be allowed. If you have a problem or issue with the server, be constructive and create a forum post (like you did here), make a ticket, or contact the admin.

So you can't advertise your character on paypal, but you can add money and such and purchase with it....How do i know theres no scam there to?

You can purchase things using PayPal, and you can buy from people using paypal. Buying characters through Paypal with another individual is allowed, but will not be supported. That being said, to prevent the connection to the server, selling a character/account by advertising in-game is against the rules now. This creates the disconnect that Ryan and J money are looking for.

Another point: The disrespect is to be understood as degrading and damaging in nature towards another player or individual. This is the new Rule 6. This is to prevent people from having fights in /s and /1 instead of only being muted in the /o for disrespect, it now counts in all chats and forums. This is to make the server more kid-friendly or to limit the amount of degradation that goes on between players. There is ALWAYS someone watching, listening, and spectating when you converse.

Of course, if you and a friend are chatting there can be an exception, but use of the words "fag", "gay", and other discriminating words offend other people that are not in the conversation. This is simple, common, and universal in just about any part of public. You can't call your friend a "fag" in public without offending someone who then can LEGALLY report you for disturbing the peace. I mean, it may be a tough case, but still legitimate.

This is what I have understood through listening to what they have said. As well as what I have interpreted from the new rules that were posted.