Frozen Weapon Part V

Chocolate

I am right now in full X gear and I am not even a tenth into the weapon parts I need. The speed at which you acquire these wep parts is so unbalanced. I'm not the one to cry when something is too hard but I am when something is too unbalanced like this.

Right now I have to run to the end of the instance once a day just to get the quest, fighting through all those mobs which drop stones and fine iron which I totally don't need, risking death which will reset me back to the start of the instance, making the fact that the boss is at the very end of it even more ballbreaking. I could just get a party and logout at the very end of the instance, behind the final boss, then get an alt or something to share the quest with us, then just log out after it's complete and repeat for around 2 weeks. But even that is way more tedious than right click killing mobs for an entire month.

Ideas:

1. a) Make the daily quest give 10k (this is not too much) wep parts, b ) make mobs and bosses drop wep parts, c) make only bosses drop botanist stones (and potentially weapon parts), so that the speed at which you gain wep parts and stones is balanced out.

2. a) Completely remove the system that teleports you to the start of the instance (it is not time efficient to run to the point you died at once you pass the first 2-3 bosses (depending on your movement speed), from that point onwards if you die it's much faster to just reset the instance completely), b ) make it so that you are teleported to the start of the instance and revived only once you release spirit, so that you have a chance to get resurrected by another player once you die, further encouraging team play.

3. I am inclined to believe the developer team has done all of this on purpose with a thought such as this in mind:

Make the only reason and plausible time to do the dungeon once the daily quest is refreshed, so that the number of stones you get for 1 such run needed to complete the quest combined with the stones you get from the quest itself would make it so that once the quest(s) yield enough Frozen Weapon Parts, you would also have enough stones to complete everything in around the same time.

If that is the case, then I would strongly advise adding daily quests for all other bosses aswell, and decreasing the number of materials the quests award by 10-20%.

If this is not the case, or if one of the ideas from #1 are chosen, then #3 should be ignored. If #3 is correct and chosen, #1 should be ignored.

4. Add Frozen Weapon Parts V to the Corrupted Eggs/Event token vendor.

I am right now in full X gear and I am not even a tenth into the weapon parts I need. The speed at which you acquire these wep parts is so unbalanced. I'm not the one to cry when something is too hard but I am when something is too unbalanced like this.

Right now I have to run to the end of the instance once a day just to get the quest, fighting through all those mobs which drop stones and fine iron which I totally don't need, risking death which will reset me back to the start of the instance, making the fact that the boss is at the very end of it even more ballbreaking. I could just get a party and logout at the very end of the instance, behind the final boss, then get an alt or something to share the quest with us, then just log out after it's complete and repeat for around 2 weeks. But even that is way more tedious than right click killing mobs for an entire month.

Ideas:

1. a) Make the daily quest give 10k (this is not too much) wep parts, b ) make mobs and bosses drop wep parts, c) make only bosses drop botanist stones (and potentially weapon parts), so that the speed at which you gain wep parts and stones is balanced out.

2. a) Completely remove the system that teleports you to the start of the instance (it is not time efficient to run to the point you died at once you pass the first 2-3 bosses (depending on your movement speed), from that point onwards if you die it's much faster to just reset the instance completely), b ) make it so that you are teleported to the start of the instance and revived only once you release spirit, so that you have a chance to get resurrected by another player once you die, further encouraging team play.

3. I am inclined to believe the developer team has done all of this on purpose with a thought such as this in mind:

Make the only reason and plausible time to do the dungeon once the daily quest is refreshed, so that the number of stones you get for 1 such run needed to complete the quest combined with the stones you get from the quest itself would make it so that once the quest(s) yield enough Frozen Weapon Parts, you would also have enough stones to complete everything in around the same time.

If that is the case, then I would strongly advise adding daily quests for all other bosses aswell, and decreasing the number of materials the quests award by 10-20%.

If this is not the case, or if one of the ideas from #1 are chosen, then #3 should be ignored. If #3 is correct and chosen, #1 should be ignored.

4. Add Frozen Weapon Parts V to the Corrupted Eggs/Event token vendor.

1. I was given a set number to assign to the daily quest, but I will gladly reconsider the amount. I have had plenty of people suggest adding the drop of weapon parts, so I will rework the loot completely. Unfortunately I was not the one to do the loot.

2. Removal of the death system is not something I will consider, as the main reason I did this is because of players respawning quickly to keep their aggro on the current mob, which also deducts from the realistic experience of a dungeon. The "Dungeon Restart System", or so we shall call it, was implemented instead of attempting to find the issue in the core where it allows players to skip the spirit phase. I do appreciate your feedback on this portion, but I cannot budge on that.

3. The Development team did not intend for the dungeon to be ran once per day. There was an issue with the calculation of loot, but as I said, I shall get a rework of the loot system for the dungeon working; possibly allowing only Fine Iron from regular creatures, Stones from bosses and large creatures, weapon parts from bosses, and the daily will give a fraction of an upgrade based on calculations.

4. The Frozen Weapon Parts V will be discussed in staff, the outcome will be placed here.

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback. Your opinion will be taken into account when we make our changes to The Botanica.

Have a great day, keep up the good work.

About the going to the start on death thing.

Amaranth also suggested that you could actually make it so you dont get instantly teleported once you die but instead you teleport when you release spirit so other people can ress. I don't see a reason why that is a problem.

• Staff

Well I'm guessing they just can't fix the graveyard to where it ports them out upon releasing, and if I understand sean right, he's saying the reason that wont work is when a player dies if they release spirit instead of being teleported back they would simply revive right there on the spot which defeats what they were trying to do,

In The Botanica if you die and release spirit you don't get a spirit phase at all, so you just become alive instead of having a spirit phase. That isn't what I want for this dungeon, because many of you have an auto-release script, which causes you to instantly revive because of this instance's area flags. These flags are not set in something that I have access to.

In retail, if you die in these dungeons you are ported, ALIVE, to the nearest graveyard upon releasing spirit. This graveyard is not usable, nor am I able to explore other options. Therefore this "Dungeon Restart System" will have to remain in effect.