Arcatraz Difficulty and Ice Warden Stats

Arcratraz and Ice Warden  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ice Warden receive a minor boost along with the difficulty of Arcatraz?

• Buff Ice Warden and Arcatraz Difficulty.
    • Buff only Ice Warden
    • Both Arcatraz Difficulty and Ice Warden are fine as is.

4) Nerf Shadowsbane

But I mean it was pretty obvious even at the previous thread what the results of a poll like this would be, everyone just wants to be as OP as possible and work as little as possible for it, that's the primary reason private servers can survive (points at VIP).

Note: I said primary. I know some people can be enough of a liar and say "I donated cause I like the server and wanted to support it", but even if they manage to keep a straight face while saying that, I'd like to see them try to do the same when claiming the majority of the realm's vip gear was bought for the same purpose. I've gone a bit off topic here, don't mind me.

Make a non-joke poll "Should we hand out shadowsbane for free if you compliment the team enough" vs "Should people farm for shadowsbane" and you'll know what I'm talking about.

People that vote for Arca are those who already has it, those who doesnt wanna be send on a new journey to farm IX because they are too lazy to do it.

So if Arca gear are going to get buffed, Ice Warden needs a way bigger buff then arca, else there's no point in buffing both of them :)

I've heard this a couple of times while wearing IX. "you have farmed a lot" "you need a life xD". That's not something i've ever heard people say to people with just Arca.
The only two reasons i farmed IX is because i like PvE and IX has more "prestige" in it because not that many has it compare to Arca. I knew from the beginning that IX arent as powerful as IX, i still putted in the effort to farm it.

• Staff

People that vote for Arca are those who already has it, those who doesnt wanna be send on a new journey to farm IX because they are too lazy to do it.

So if Arca gear are going to get buffed, Ice Warden needs a way bigger buff then arca, else there's no point in buffing both of them :)

I've heard this a couple of times while wearing IX. "you have farmed a lot" "you need a life xD". That's not something i've ever heard people say to people with just Arca.

The only two reasons i farmed IX is because i like PvE and IX has more "prestige" in it because not that many has it compare to Arca. I knew from the beginning that IX arent as powerful as IX, i still putted in the effort to farm it.

Let me clarify Shadowsbane gear will NOT be buffed. We're considering increasing the difficulty of arcatraz and while we are aware that some players do have it already, many still do not, and many new players who join will find it more challenging to do then simply being haste capped. As for Ice Warden, while its weaker its also far easier to actually obtain difficulty wise, it just requires more time and tends be somewhat tedious but over all far easier compared to arcatraz.

Let me clarify Shadowsbane gear will NOT be buffed. We're considering increasing the difficulty of arcatraz and while we are aware that some players do have it already, many still do not, and many new players who join will find it more challenging to do then simply being haste capped. As for Ice Warden, while its weaker its also far easier to actually obtain difficulty wise, it just requires more time and tends be somewhat tedious but over all far easier compared to arcatraz.

You forget your place (the server you play on). This server isn't the one to focus on an epic boss fight of godlike proportions with amazing precision dodging required to just get a chance to land a hit on it, and keep on repeating this with your entire party until the bugger drops dead, for mythical gear drops. No, this is a server that requires you to right click a mob, kill it, and then repeat 20 trillion times to finish a gear set. How hard a mob is to kill here does not matter in the least as long as he can be killed, what matters is how many of em you have to kill and how long it takes.

• Staff

You forget your place (the server you play on). This server isn't the one to focus on an epic boss fight of godlike proportions with amazing precision dodging required to just get a chance to land a hit on it, and keep on repeating this with your entire party until the bugger drops dead, for mythical gear drops. No, this is a server that requires you to right click a mob, kill it, and then repeat 20 trillion times to finish a gear set. How hard a mob is to kill here does not matter in the least as long as he can be killed, what matters is how many of em you have to kill and how long it takes.

This is mostly true but, the point is to create something that players gotta take time and work for, we don't want create a challenge dungeon that people are done with after a few runs. The idea behind arc was to create something difficult that requires players to use non VIP gear along with a little teamwork to acquire gear that for non VIP gear is comparable with lower end VIP gear. For the most part this has worked out fairly well, there are still a few things that need to be adjusted as is always the case when we release new stuff especially on this scale. If players are clearing arc as soon as they can get haste capped and skipping farming Ice Warden further all together then it kinda defeats the point of arc because players simply end up bored even faster.

IceWarden easier than Arcatraz? What the fuuuuck? You can get full Arcatraz in a week, but it's impossible to get full EK IX in a week without using CP eggs. Difficult wise it's harder maybe, but it's still easy as **** to do. The challenge dungeon is not challenging at all.

As Chocolate said, it's point and click. There is no challenge at all.