Arcatraz Difficulty

Too Difficult, Just right, or too easy?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Do you feel that to obtain Arcatraz gear is it too hard, too easy or Just right?

• Too Hard
    • Just right
    • Too easy
  2. 2. Do you feel that Arcatraz in difficulty in mobs too hard, just right, or too easy?

• Too hard
    • Just right
    • Too easy

A couple of weeks/months ago, Tuff said he forwarded the suggestion "If you just go around thoughtlessly buffing casters to make them good for PVE you're going to **** up big time and make them insanely OP in PVP", or something along those lines, and a bit nicer. So I was cool with that, but I still talked to Will about it, and made a suggestion that if you are going to buff casters for PVE you should find an equilibrium with magical resistances on non vip gear so casters don't just run around the arena spamming a macro and one shooting everything that moves. That suggestion however fell on the "But you see here, Paladins have this resistance aura buff and blessing of kings so resistances on non vip gear would be too op" argument, and now with all this new gear that came out, a non vip caster can easily get up to 2k spell penetration making that resistance bonus from paladin buffs (Implying everyone has a paladin in their group in the first place) completely useless.

So now you have a 100% non vip caster that can pretty much one shoot everything below a vip 6, even if they have custom resistances.

Even if you removed the spell penetration from the Arca gear, you'd still have the spell penetration from the Adventure staff making all non vip accessable resistances worthless. And even if you removed the spell pen from that, you'd still have the spell penetration gems, and you'd still need to keep a 20k hp paladin alt online at all times.

Bottom line is, I could go and eat an alphabet soup then come here and throw up on the table and type whatever the hell comes out as a suggestion, and that'd still be a better situation than the current one.

PS: Sorry for dumping this here, didn't feel like making a new topic and this felt appropriate.

A couple of weeks/months ago, Tuff said he forwarded the suggestion "If you just go around thoughtlessly buffing casters to make them good for PVE you're going to **** up big time and make them insanely OP in PVP", or something along those lines, and a bit nicer. So I was cool with that, but I still talked to Will about it, and made a suggestion that if you are going to buff casters for PVE you should find an equilibrium with magical resistances on non vip gear so casters don't just run around the arena spamming a macro and one shooting everything that moves. That suggestion however fell on the "But you see here, Paladins have this resistance aura buff and blessing of kings so resistances on non vip gear would be too op" argument, and now with all this new gear that came out, a non vip caster can easily get up to 2k spell penetration making that resistance bonus from paladin buffs (Implying everyone has a paladin in their group in the first place) completely useless.

So now you have a 100% non vip caster that can pretty much one shoot everything below a vip 6, even if they have custom resistances.

Even if you removed the spell penetration from the Arca gear, you'd still have the spell penetration from the Adventure staff making all non vip accessable resistances worthless. And even if you removed the spell pen from that, you'd still have the spell penetration gems, and you'd still need to keep a 20k hp paladin alt online at all times.

Bottom line is, I could go and eat an alphabet soup then come here and throw up on the table and type whatever the hell comes out as a suggestion, and that'd still be a better situation than the current one.

PS: Sorry for dumping this here, didn't feel like making a new topic and this felt appropriate.

Might be PvE gear, but how about resilience? Might solve the "Too op in PvP" problem while keeping casters viable in PvE. It's weird on PvE gear, I know. But it's a solution at least.

Might be PvE gear, but how about resilience? Might solve the "Too op in PvP" problem while keeping casters viable in PvE. It's weird on PvE gear, I know. But it's a solution at least.

I think I'd just first like to know what the hell is going on in Sean's head. He doesn't seem like someone stupid enough to make a seemingly unthoughtful decision such as this, so there must be some sound logic he adheres to.

Breakdown on logic:

before:

Casters<Melee - PvE (fully rewarded)

Caster<Melee - PvP (for no reward whatsoever)

After

Casters<Melee - PvE (fully rewarded)

Casters>Melee - PvP (for no reward whatsoever)

STILL after the major buff in spell power, casters get  a few kills in the arena and nothing to show for it.

I gave a use for casters to simply be for fun in PvP. Nothing beneficial at all. No bonus items, not bonus mats, maybe some honor that is USELESS.

People still complain about all this, but I broke it down for you to understand.

You should be crying because casters still can't do any good DPS in PvE, not crying that casters kill you in PvP and get nothing. I know I am.

You should be crying because casters still can't do any good DPS in PvE, not crying that casters kill you in PvP and get nothing. I know I am.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to fix them for pve without/instead of making them OP in pvp then? I said, in my first post here, that it is entirely possible to make casters hit 90M in PVE and 900k in PVP.

Through messing with options, we can't find a way to scale back damage in PvP, while scaling forward damage in PvE through a viable means of work.

Some explored options:

-Add a debuff on PvE creatures (Meaning adding at least 5 auras to EACH NPC in every farmable location)

-Disabling use of all farmed gear in the arena, and giving everyone a PvP set.

-Increasing armor on all mobs to give casters the upperhand, while lowering the HP of mobs.

These few options seems the most useful, but they are a LOT of work to manage. Due to the rut we have been in with casters being very useless, we have ruined our easy ways out with making casters useful in both areas of our content.

Suggestions are NEEDED, please share your ideas on any way that you think this could be done.

Just to touch on some areas I didn't say anything about...

The Shadowsbane gear for casters has no spell penetration, and hit for around 1.6m pyros on a mage. With $10 in resists you can get around a chunk of that damage. So the gear isn't more powerful than $10 donators, you just have to know where to spend the money. If you got VIP6 without custom resists, you are more than likely trying to PvE.

A non-VIP caster CANNOT get 2k spell penetration at this time. The only item I have released and allowed to have spell penetration is the BoA staff @ 570 spell penetration. This is just to counter the small bit of resistance on some mobs (to counter other class spell damage) and from Kings and other such buffs.

Spell penetration gems are a bit broken. They give negative spell penetration, which I am not sure why. They may just show the wrong tooltip, but visually show the wrong value in the character menu.

ALSO: This was made by Derrick by my request, and anything related to Arcatraz and the gear from there should be discussed.

You could try adding 100 resistances to each Ice Warden gear piece, and nerfing the spell power the adventure staff gives. Since, I mean, it'd be a lot more fun if you actually had to choose between what gear to use. With a good enough of a group (to farm Arca), Ice Warden is useless and Shadowsbane is just overwhelmingly more powerful than it, even in PVE, and is a lot easier to get even if Arcatraz is much more harder than any other Ice Warden instance (How many characters have you seen with full farmed shadowsbane? Now, how many have you seen with full farmed Ice Warden? And Shadowsbane has been out only for two weeks...). I'm saying that even next to the whole caster mess, shadowsbane gear needs an overall stats decrease too.

I got one shotted by a full shadowsbane warrior yesterday, and it wasn't a prepped or a buffed shot. I haven't seen a Shadowsbane rogue yet, but I'm pretty sure evisc would be pretty op too.