Spoderman, d/r.

Zurlock

Name of character you are reporting: Spoderman (Drlovemonkey alt).
Date/Time of incident: 1:35ish, EDT
Reason for report: Random Disrespect to my main, and alt.
Proof: http://imgur.com/a/mlZi8

Note: It seems to likes to pull this stuff off quite a bit, there's even a report on this forum from Sep. 10th doing this, which was taken nowhere. (Sorry if this note goes against the format rule, just attempting to point some reasonable evidence out.)

• Staff

Saying "you suck" is the extreme low side of smack talk that is allowed in this game. There will always be some element of smack talk to get a rise out of other players to start some friendly combat which is part of a PvP server. I really don't see anything worse than that. You seem to be sensitive to what he was saying but also took the appropriate action by ignoring him.

I am not going to issue a punishment since the conversation was civil enough for our server.

Saying "you suck" is the extreme low side of smack talk that is allowed in this game. There will always be some element of smack talk to get a rise out of other players to start some friendly combat which is part of a PvP server. I really don't see anything worse than that. You seem to be sensitive to what he was saying but also took the appropriate action by ignoring him.

I am not going to issue a punishment since the conversation was civil enough for our server.

Wow, absolutely done. You're just going to let a guy go around and "smack talk" anybody he pleases. My alt was still in starter gear, if you're seriously going to attempt and use challenging to PvP as an excuse not to suspend this guy, that's pathetic plain and simple. Truly isn't the server I remember.

Apparently you're too sensitive.

And that's not enough to justify this guy doing what he did. I told him to stop, I obviously didn't want to engage in anything at the time, and he should have stopped... I can't see that conversation turning into "friendly combat" at all. 

Cause from the replies, I decided to look at the pics, and I have to say I agree with Daz. If you get (to use Spod's words) butthurt over people saying you're bad at this game, or any game for that matter, you probably shouldn't have an internet connection. If that upsets you, well, that sounds like a personal problem. Unless you have SS's of this guy actually being disrespectful to you directly, not in relation to your WoW toon, then please post those. Till then, no actions will be pursued (as far as I know cause I ain't in power on Reaper).

• Staff

I left this thread open on purpose to allow some discussion of this and get opinions out there.  There is no doubt this topic is subjective. However, I feel in this case Drlovemonkey has not been offensive enough to warrant punishment. If you feel disrespected at this level, the proper action is to ignore the player, which you did.

This isn't the server I remember from a couple of years ago either. It seems to be evolving and there are a lot more sensitive people here who's feelings seem to get hurt very easily. But this game is intended for a more mature population (teenage and above). We have to allow for a certain amount of smack talk and only step in with punishment when players truly get out of line.

People are so butthurt it's sad.

This community is nuts, when I first started here everyone was fine and got along, a few years pass and everyone is at each other's throats.

Get the **** over it, you're playing World of Warcraft, a computer game, and taking it like it's your legacy.  I bet if I saw anybody walking around that played Ice and I called them a "Pussy" I bet they would laugh about it.  Because they wouldn't do anything in person.

When you're behind a computer screen you take great offense and start reporting.  I believe the GM's should just start ignoring these dumb reports because kids get so offended being called a name.  Grow up, you're going to get called faeces all the time.  It's life.

Really need to start making it a free for all, this game is rated T for a reason, it wasn't made for 10 year olds.  

And that's not enough to justify this guy doing what he did. I told him to stop, I obviously didn't want to engage in anything at the time, and he should have stopped... I can't see that conversation turning into "friendly combat" at all. 

Told him to stop, but didn't ignore him, you kept feeding the troll that wants your reaction. Should have just ignored him at the start.

It's not that ppl are becoming more sensitive, it's that all that everyone wants to do on icecold is try to get others in trouble. It's what it has always been. Kids will report for any rule broken and the newish rule about d/r is very easy to break. That's why we have so many kids that seem to be thin skinned. They want to tattle tale and this is the easiest way to do it. @dazan