GM Event For Everyone!

somezombie

Okay so I know you get this a lot, the topic is always up -__- When you're reading a GM App you are 90% likely to read that they will make events, people asking for a rank to make events and so on (no disrespect, everyone loves events but it's getting a lame excuse for a rank)

Like I said; everyone loves events. The games, the prizes, the lulz. But if you've ever been a gm hosting an event (or a player in some cases), it gets boring after the 3rd or 4th time. (For you not for the attendants)

So why not make an event that the GM him/herself can join in? Here's my idea.

The GM (boss) will morph himself to a famous boss (ex. Illidan/Lich King), and the attendants (players) will try to kill him (ofcourse with limited gear so vip7's don't 1 shot the poor mr gm =( and ruin the event) 

What the GM needs to host the event:-
*Creativity. (Make up speaches before you cast a spell for example)
*A set of 7-10 spells for the respective boss. (You'll be using the spells to try and kill the players)
*5-10 players. (you can put them in groups, or even make a tournament and make the bosses even harder.)
*HAVE FUN! (If you're not having fun making an event, you're not likely to make another. TIP: Look how happy the other players are and try to blend in.)

What the players need to join the event:-
*No VIP Gear (as in nothing donated, NOTHING, only ingame items that EVERYONE can get)
*atleast 150k HP (So you can do something for your group)
*Again, HAVE FUN! (It's important)

Thanks a lot for reading, and let me know what you think! I'll try to update as much as I can to make it "fool-proof".

I like the suggestion, and the fact that you obviously did some effort to make this look good.

Point here is, in my opinion, what's in it for the gm?

Eventually the only goal the gm has is killing the group.

I haven't actually tried this sort of event, but i find myself being attacked by several non-vips pretty much daily.

I let them throw out all their anger for a little while, but after some minutes i'm bored of healing myself.

I kill them all, everyone leaves, no one's happy.

If you can think of a way to make it more retail like, as in tanks healers and dps, it might actually become a challenge for both parties.

I do like the idea.

That doesn't sound bad, I actually quite like the idea. The issue is though who wins? The player who happened to land the last shot? Or the whole group? What if no one wins? On top of that, we don't have the access to any spells we want anymore, so we would be morphed but still using spells our class uses. It's a great concept though and would be pretty cool if it got all figured out and working.

I say, since there is a new server coming up, why not organize events there? We all get to play 85 (only because of the event) under retail wow circumstances.

That new server is WotLK. You don't go up to 85.

Alltho this would work wonderfully considering it's normal retail scaling. But it would take a while to figure out the right strength for the GM hosting it. Should they allow him a heal? Just simple things like that can make a difference. But for Reaper, I don't see this working out as much as I would like it to.

I support doing this on Trueice if enough players join it and Icecold gets an active GM specifically for Trueice. We'll see what the future holds I suppose.

I like the suggestion, and the fact that you obviously did some effort to make this look good.

Point here is, in my opinion, what's in it for the gm?

Eventually the only goal the gm has is killing the group.

I haven't actually tried this sort of event, but i find myself being attacked by several non-vips pretty much daily.

I let them throw out all their anger for a little while, but after some minutes i'm bored of healing myself.

I kill them all, everyone leaves, no one's happy.

If you can think of a way to make it more retail like, as in tanks healers and dps, it might actually become a challenge for both parties.

I do like the idea.

See, you're not supposed to use class spells. That's forbidden for the "boss", instead you have to get a LOT of health (you're basically a boss, have the same amount of /more than Deathwing's health.

Dont go all crazy with attack speed, focus more on using spells that'd do damage equal to atleast :- 15% of the tank's health, 25% to the melee DPS' health, 30% to the caster DPS' health (they're squishier), and 40% to the healers (Squishiest but they need to know how to heal properly).

That doesn't sound bad, I actually quite like the idea. The issue is though who wins? The player who happened to land the last shot? Or the whole group? What if no one wins? On top of that, we don't have the access to any spells we want anymore, so we would be morphed but still using spells our class uses. It's a great concept though and would be pretty cool if it got all figured out and working.

There is no "I" in "Group". The whole group gets the reward. Low-ranked (I think) GM's can't learn spells, which is why Admins could teach them the spells, I can bring up a whole boss up if the GM's require help.

That new server is WotLK. You don't go up to 85.

Alltho this would work wonderfully considering it's normal retail scaling. But it would take a while to figure out the right strength for the GM hosting it. Should they allow him a heal? Just simple things like that can make a difference. But for Reaper, I don't see this working out as much as I would like it to.

I support doing this on Trueice if enough players join it and Icecold gets an active GM specifically for Trueice. We'll see what the future holds I suppose.

A lot of bosses have heals, it heals them for about 5-10% at most, and that heal is Heal Over Time, I'd say around 15 seconds.

Why not have access to all spells? Imean it is a retail server right? So, say max level is 80. We all get to have tier 10 gear and battle a boss. A normal boss, it hasnt got to be a gm. Its just thta the gms will be hosting it. So they get to choose the players. Say a certain amount of players sign up for this particular event. 10 would be ideal, since thats the standard size of a raid group. No max haste no nothing, just retail wow gear. By the end of the week, 10 players are RANDOMLY CHOSEN, to play healer, tank or dps. All players will be able to watch the event without being able to interfere. The grp gets a standard amount of gold, equally distributed among the members of the group, a piece of gear delivered by mail or even a weapon or rare mount.

I think this should be the main pve event of this server.

Why not have access to all spells? Imean it is a retail server right? So, say max level is 80. We all get to have tier 10 gear and battle a boss. A normal boss, it hasnt got to be a gm. Its just thta the gms will be hosting it. So they get to choose the players. Say a certain amount of players sign up for this particular event. 10 would be ideal, since thats the standard size of a raid group. No max haste no nothing, just retail wow gear. By the end of the week, 10 players are RANDOMLY CHOSEN, to play healer, tank or dps. All players will be able to watch the event without being able to interfere. The grp gets a standard amount of gold, equally distributed among the members of the group, a piece of gear delivered by mail or even a weapon or rare mount.

I think this should be the main pve event of this server.

I agree with this. But I disagree with the "Why not have access to all spells" for the GM that's taking the role of the boss. I feel like they should have 5-10 set spells set up prior to the event.

That's how I know you didn't understand what I tried to accomplish.

The GM's have NOTHING to gain spawning a boss for you and it's VERY boring considering there are going to be morons pissing not only the GM, but everyone off.

The event is basically a "all vs. one" "Fight to the death" type of event. There are NO rules except for the gearing and any spell is allowed for the players. 
I also agree with Kirito, the point of the event is to be all "boss" like, you can't see Lich King running around spamming flash heal to full health then fighting again, it's just lame.

(Addition: GM's should be to stuns, silents, interrupts and other CC's.)

I was talking about having the gms respawning a particular boss, not playing as the boss. For crying out loud its what they were hired for. If you cant get them do the simplest of things here, maybe you should hire pros instead of 10 year olds ?

I like to make lists, so:

1. I don't think GMs have spawn commands.

2. They would have to make a lot more custom NPCs for different level difficulties for different player's gear/group size

3. When it comes to PvE it's either "I can kill this easily" or "I'm going to be one shot".

4. Because the server is so different from blizzard's design it would be very hard to bring healers into the mix, healer classes/specs aren't very useful on here because if they increased the healing abilities they would be pretty much unkillable. (VIP 7 priest)

5. They don't hire 10 year olds, if they did Aulton would be head GM because he had an incredible app but was too young.

Well man, the main complain here is about gms not doing their work. But i get it, its a sensitive subject so ill just drop it :)

There's 3 GMs currently (I believe) and they're usually busy with trying to make new content. They don't really have the time to go off and create an event that would be really tough to balance.

Once more staff gets hired we might have a chance to see new events come up, and more content regarding events.

I was talking about having the gms respawning a particular boss, not playing as the boss. For crying out loud its what they were hired for. If you cant get them do the simplest of things here, maybe you should hire pros instead of 10 year olds ?

None of the 4 of us are 10 years old

If any server hired 10-year old GM's, it wouldn't reach where Icecold has reached. Ever.

I like to make lists, so:

1. I don't think GMs have spawn commands.

2. They would have to make a lot more custom NPCs for different level difficulties for different player's gear/group size

3. When it comes to PvE it's either "I can kill this easily" or "I'm going to be one shot".

4. Because the server is so different from blizzard's design it would be very hard to bring healers into the mix, healer classes/specs aren't very useful on here because if they increased the healing abilities they would be pretty much unkillable. (VIP 7 priest)

5. They don't hire 10 year olds, if they did Aulton would be head GM because he had an incredible app but was too young.

1. I know they don't, and it's not that they need "spawn" commands, it's that they need commands to learn spells.

Solution: Ask one of the Devs to create a special account/teach the specific spells to the GM's, or to take an hour a day to make the event THEMSELVES. (I know that's not their jobs but; you know, it's for the server!)

2. Why in the world would we need custom NPC's? This is basically a PvP Event but the GM is acting like an NPC, nothing else.

No need for a solution.

3. This is a GM Event, it's impossible to "one shot" in a GM event, might aswell go farm Deadmines, mate.

Solution: Gear is limited & GM's will have HIGH health. (Battle will go on for atleast 10 mins or one of the teams get defeated.

4. I agree, the server isn't Blizzard-based, or this would've been one heck of an event.

Solution: 1 healer is not enough for a group of 10 men, get 4/10 of the team healers, 2/10 tanks, 4/10 DPS. This can change to the way the team would like, it's just an example. 

Solution #2: Healers will get a bit extra as a reward due to lack of healers in Icecold.

(these may not be 100% but I'll think of more)

See, the main problem with this idea is that GMs don't have access to the commands required to do this type of event. And a Dev can't simply just create a "special" account/teach the spells to a GM because they can't, all Devs and GMs ingame have the same access to the current commands we have.

See, the main problem with this idea is that GMs don't have access to the commands required to do this type of event. And a Dev can't simply just create a "special" account/teach the spells to a GM because they can't, all Devs and GMs ingame have the same access to the current commands we have.

I've made my own server before (testing purposes), I taught myself spells all the time without any problems. It was 4.0.6 and not any other expansion. I don't see how everyone's problem is that "GM's can't learn spells" even though I included that a few times already. Atleast you're here telling me that the DEV himself can't teach things, made me happy not having to repeat myself.