Gathering and Professions Relying On It

MushyMoo

For those who choose to level a gathering professions and especially required when developing a profession that relies almost exclusively on gathering, IceCold-WoW feels more retail than ever.  It can be frustrating to locate ore veins and herbs within zones especially because, well this is not retail and actual locations of ore and herbs differ across zones.

To alleviate this problem and make tthe process of gathering more fun (this is a private server right?) I suggest a location within WoW be chosen, perhaps a large cave, or a patch of unused grass in which ore veins and herbs are placed in abundance and within close proximity to each other and grouped by type to allow one-stop gathering.

Man developing professions is great fun. We need something to level in a server where options are relativelly limited. Tailoring ( for example, magical carpet ), smithing ( old wow gear, for the sake of old times ), enchanting and jewelcrafting and fishing can be excellent ways to kill time. Guys its just that we need something to chew our gums on and, frankly, this is what your server needs. More activities.

I still don't see any actual benefit for the server, I mean, yea you can kill time on it, but that's it, it doesn't really help you in any way, sure you can get a few mounts, but that's about it. Besides that I really just don't see why they should spend the time for something like that, if you want to kill time on professions then do it the normal way.... >_> If they were to put all the stuff in one area it wouldn't really kill any time, maybe an hour then boom, max 525. Then what?

My question would be what would the point of doing this, how does it help you, how does it help the server?

Point is making it easier and more fun to level gathering-dependent professions.  From a time point of view, I suggest time saved and the pain of zone-level gathering reduced to a common locality.  This is how it helps me such that I would not be gathering ore two weeks in the running.  Thus the benefit to myself and the server is time saved enjoying the server instead of time spent emulating retail boredom.

I still don't see any actual benefit for the server, I mean, yea you can kill time on it, but that's it, it doesn't really help you in any way, sure you can get a few mounts, but that's about it. Besides that I really just don't see why they should spend the time for something like that, if you want to kill time on professions then do it the normal way.... >_> If they were to put all the stuff in one area it wouldn't really kill any time, maybe an hour then boom, max 525. Then what?

Then go craft the recepies that require you to farm multiple-zones for ore or herbs.  The time it takes you to fulfill recipie requirements is diminished with my suggestion allowing you to move onto other things in Ice-Cold that are far more fun.  It is not fun to spend weeks gathering to either level a professions or craft with it.  May be fun to you but I, for one, do not appreciate it. The point is not to kill time ... be logical in your arguments. I can kill time on many other things but I don't play Ice-Cold to kill time.  This is a private server that does not have to emulate retail.

Crafting a gathering profession helps much from Jewelcrafting to Alchemy there is plenty of benefit gained. 

The question is, would this take a lot of effort and time ( = to create an area where ores and mines are scattered and respawn every say one and a haf minutes )? Because if it does, then yes, you can focus on more important aspects. I just think that adding such an intance would make your server a lot more fun because, say i want to level blacksmithing - mining, and once i reach 525 and do my stuff, then i can delete the profession and level alchemy or jewelcrafting or enchanting or engineering. And if you add a couple of mobs with mining supplies or crystals around there then it would be great fun. 

The question is, would this take a lot of effort and time ( = to create an area where ores and mines are scattered and respawn every say one and a haf minutes )? Because if it does, then yes, you can focus on more important aspects. I just think that adding such an intance would make your server a lot more fun because, say i want to level blacksmithing - mining, and once i reach 525 and do my stuff, then i can delete the profession and level alchemy or jewelcrafting or enchanting or engineering. And if you add a couple of mobs with mining supplies or crystals around there then it would be great fun. 

Main issue with this is it would instantly be abused to make +3% critical damage increase gems. 

1. If you want to waste time just do it normally.
2. This is a PvP based server, professions serve little to no role on this server.
3. Most people just want it to see if there are bugged things which just causes more problems (also the crit gem thing).
4. The time and work you put into it is what makes it good, if everybody gets it in a matter of hours then there is no feeling of accomplishment, nothing about it is special anymore.
5. I'm guessing all YOU want is crit gems, seeing as how you constantly ask/complain about how only a few people have them. (@MushyMoo)

Main issue with this is it would instantly be abused to make +3% critical damage increase gems. 

As it is, I can already farm for +3% critical damage increase gems and presently doing it now with plenty of ore and gems.  This suggestions cuts my applied time down to a more reasonable and fun rate perhaps from two weeks per 20 metas to 1-2 days.

1. If you want to waste time just do it normally.

2. This is a PvP based server, professions serve little to no role on this server.

3. Most people just want it to see if there are bugged things which just causes more problems (also the crit gem thing).

4. The time and work you put into it is what makes it good, if everybody gets it in a matter of hours then there is no feeling of accomplishment, nothing about it is special anymore.

5. I'm guessing all YOU want is crit gems, seeing as how you constantly ask/complain about how only a few people have them. (@MushyMoo)

I don't want to waste time ... perhaps you lack reading comprehension or insight.  Does it need to be spelled out for you?  No one is looking for bugged things or to create more problems.  This is a private server and if I wanted to simply farm at retail rates, I would play retail.  You are correct, I want to make crit gems faster than 2 weeks per 20.  A few people having them is irrelevant discussion since I have both a recipe and a means to make them... period!

As it is, I can already farm for +3% critical damage increase gems and presently doing it now with plenty of ore and gems.  This suggestions cuts my applied time down to a more reasonable and fun rate perhaps from two weeks per 20 metas to 1-2 days.

....that's my point. We don't want every player to be able to make a full set of metas in 2 days. Quite frankly we don't want every player to have full metas in general. VIP sets are powerful enough as it is, you don't need to do an extra 4 million damage on your judgement. 

• 2 months later...

90% sure you can just remove the formulas for the crit gem and remove it from the trainers. Boom problem solved. I will cast my vote of approval for adding an area for leveling professions such as Mining and Herbalism which then allows you to level Blacksmithing and those fun crafting professions. Because some people (like me) love taking strolls down memory lane and farming/crafting old gear that you used to have/always wanted but never had the time to farm the mats.