maybe im just an idiot....

lareth

Question

ok, so I tried to install the launcher, and the guide page says if I don't have 4.0.6 to use an empty folder and run the launcher there and use the re-install, so I did that and it says there no wow found (duh)

so I put it in my wow folder (5.4) and it says the client is invalid, I get that, but i cant even reinstall the game because it automatically starts at the 5.0 patch when i try to get a fresh client.

so what do i do? do I have to google an illegal copy of the 4.0.6?

5 answers to this question

I would not recommend this. You do not have to download from Blizzard's site. That will take days to play. I would recommend putting your IceCold Launcher in an empty folder on your desktop.

Then once this is complete, run the launcher as administrator. Then click "reinstall game patch" twice. This will begin the download for you, without having to download the extra 10GB of data from Blizzard.

>>> Tutorial on Running Programs as Administrator <<<

Right click program, Click Run as Administrator, Click Yes "Allow"

^This is a quote from the post below yours.

Try following the steps. It should help you out.

It should have a Pop-up that says something like "Preparing game for first time use." This will start the initial download, then you can download while you play. Should take about 2-4 playing days @ 3 hours/day to get to 100% complete. Any more questions, ask me or Flash/Grimes. The community loves to help :D