What we need:

1. MORE CONTENT
  2. EVEN MORE CONTENT
  3. STUFF TO DO
  4. MORE STUFF TO DO
  5. GEAR TO DO THE STUFF
  6. VIP SHAT!
  7. NEW KEWL VIP GEAR MODELS

Everyone is complaining about no "new content". I, for one, agree that we are all missing it. In fact that is the number one reason I stopped playing. I would take a good gamble at that being the reason a good 50% of the server's population is suffering. The other 50% is because of Blizzard's new patches and content.

Please take a good educated idea and put it up on the suggestions and feedback forums. We all want a whole lot of things, but I want to see something happen. I will gladly work for the server as a developer if Ryan or Jordan would accept my Application. There are a ton of fixings to do, and a million new things that could be added.

The IceCold Community is feeling forgotten. Can I put it any more simpler?

I sincerely want to see some improvements to this server. I have been around for about a year. It is sad to see it go to this level. I think I speak for everyone when I say: "RYAN! GET IT TOGETHA!!!"

Don't get me wrong, i like the post.

But,

Everyone is complaining about no "new content".

That's all everyone says really.

"We need new content"

"Examples:

- More content

- Stuff to do

- Vip shat"

I think what we need to do to get stuff like this done is setting up a complete concept.

You came up with the basics, which is a good start.

But i think for, for example, the gear sets to be changed, we're gonna have to make a post/poll with several suggestion.

Find out what the community wants, put it all together. Meaning someone needs to take the time to gather all the information required for the gear skin to be changed. Which is basically only the display IDs. 

Once research has been done and choices have been made, then the team can do the part we can't, editing the db.

This way efforts can be divided, making it easier to implement changes outside of vacations etc.

• Owners

What you could do is create topics with specific things you'd like to see, such as certain locations, instances, mobs, themes, etc. That kind of thing gets ideas and plans going (staff do read the forums all the time). Topics screaming for "new stuff" don't.

All the ideas that have been posted in the suggestions haven't been added. Sure you look at it, but there has been nothing more that the "Godsword" and Halloween stuff. There is no point if the ideas that are on the suggestions forum don't become real in-game. It isn't our job to give you ideas, its yours as the administrator/owner of the server to just do whatever you want. Put a new dungeon instance to farm. Add tokens for increased drop rates that cost gold in the 1000's. That way people that are saving for 65 point vote gear can farm some PvE gear while they wait for that 12hr CD. The increased drop rates can have a 6 hr CD, and cost 50,000 gold. Increasing drop rates of all mobs by 20%.

That would get my motivation running to farm those last pieces of impeccable.

One other idea I have is fixing the custom weapon/armor. Set the armor boundaries at 60's 70's gear. VIP needs to be fixed up a bit as far as item appearance. Possibly add transmogrification.

Fix those broken instances that have been broken for... ever really.

Remove some of the unused malls for performance.

Add in a few more GROUP REQUIRED bosses. With a group quest for a special weapon.

Get rid of the weapon upgrade materials. Instead add in "The Blacksmith" whom you can turn in your weapon and a new "Weapon Token" system to upgrade weapons. This will, instead of changing the weapon to something else, increase the stats on the weapon by a certain amount or a percentage. Whichever it is you are doing now, implement the Weapon Upgrade Token. 

If you wanted to, you can remove the materials for armor too. You can create a Sub-Token similar to what WoW gives. Justice points and such will be the basis of this idea.

So the sub-tokens take about 10 to get one token for an upgrade. Drop rates on the sub-token can be 10%. So you'd be asked to kill about 100 mobs to get the token. The cost of the upgrade is exponential. Starting at one Weapon Upgrade Token to upgrade; going on to 10 Weapon Upgrade tokens to upgrade to the +10 version of the weapon. This will implement a TIERED approach to the weapon system, because ALL the weapons are lacking in benefits. If you wanted to implement this idea in the armor system. I would say go for ALL armors even VIP. VIP armors could be upgraded to +15, or the non-VIP armors can be upgraded only to +5. I would say implement a system of Naming for the +1 - +10 or so, similar to Blizzard's PVP gear; Deadly, Merciless, etc.

I have a lot of ideas about the ITEMS. As far as the instances, I'd say we need to make use of the extra places, possible utilize Dalaran as the main city, clean it out and add in some vendors. Create a better teleportation area in Dalaran to save us all the trouble of using the IceCold Teleporter. The IceCold Teleporter could be used to go to the "Armory" to visit "The Blacksmith" to do the upgrades. Create a tutorial zone for newbies that has a vast array of tutorial quests going through the step-by-steps of IceCold WoW. This will remove the issue where new players teleport to Deepholm upon starting fresh and asking for free stuff. Have a new account recognition software force the new accounts to a place called "Fresh Ice Cold" or something to signify the players' newness.

Any questions so far, or are there any ideas that would cause a conflict with something that is already implemented?

VIP gears need to be refreshed every so often. VIP6 and 7 at least need to switch. VIP7 gear looks really lame compared to VIP6. That is sad to say because VIP7 is more expensive. I am a player that plays not only to look cool, but to destroy in PvP areas. 

Add some more spells and abilities to the mobs we have to kill. Make them a challenge. Instead of just auto-attacking and spam healing until the mob is dead, I'd like to have to actually move to not get blasted by a consecration.

Add a medieval instance for farming some plate gear set items. Build a castle with areas for farming class specific gear. IE: Paladins can farm for sets similar to the ones that drop in Diablo II Lord of Destruction.

Lol he's throwing all the suggestions at you. Well, im not a programmer but i have been here long enough to know for certain that some of them are not possible. But to me it seems like he has devoted a lot of time to write those down and some of them are quite popular and good

I have a lot of ideas about the ITEMS. As far as the instances, I'd say we need to make use of the extra places, possible utilize Dalaran as the main city, clean it out and add in some vendors. Create a better teleportation area in Dalaran to save us all the trouble of using the IceCold Teleporter. The IceCold Teleporter could be used to go to the "Armory" to visit "The Blacksmith" to do the upgrades. Create a tutorial zone for newbies that has a vast array of tutorial quests going through the step-by-steps of IceCold WoW. This will remove the issue where new players teleport to Deepholm upon starting fresh and asking for free stuff. Have a new account recognition software force the new accounts to a place called "Fresh Ice Cold" or something to signify the players' newness.

VIP gears need to be refreshed every so often. VIP6 and 7 at least need to switch. VIP7 gear looks really lame compared to VIP6. That is sad to say because VIP7 is more expensive. I am a player that plays not only to look cool, but to destroy in PvP areas. 

Get rid of the weapon upgrade materials. Instead add in "The Blacksmith" whom you can turn in your weapon and a new "Weapon Token" system to upgrade weapons. This will, instead of changing the weapon to something else, increase the stats on the weapon by a certain amount or a percentage. Whichever it is you are doing now, implement the Weapon Upgrade Token. (maybe a little far fetched but i dunno really :P)

Being able to upgrade and change weapons and armor adds a diversity among players. A good majority of players like to be different-looking, as well as have some items they worked hard to achieve. I admire the idea of the Godsword, but the lack of other weapons is downright disappointing. There are very little staves that are obtainable for caster classes. This is also disappointing to see, as some of the better classes are casters. There is no motivation to gear up a priest without any good gear. No priest without VIP7 can get the Godstaff. The VIP7 priests can barely do it themselves. I'd say add more weapon upgrades, and add more weapons for the use of all classes. 

The weapon upgrade system now only applies to about 5 weapons. 4. or so, are from the vote shop, and the other is the Haunted Ashbringer. The Haunted Ashbringer is a good idea, but impossible to upgrade for those non-VIPs. We need to fix that as soon as we can, because there is no motivation for those non-VIPs to keep playing if they're a 14 year old kid that can't afford VIP5+.

A lot of the IceCold system needs revision and editing. I have more to ramble on about but I'd prefer not to.

• Owners

The droprate token is not possible yet due to some technical limitations with how the system works.

I'm not sure what you mean by "fixing the custom weapon/armor. Set the armor boundaries at 60's 70's gear".

Transmog, although possible in a sort of hacky way, has not been implemented because it requires a lot of planning and work, and we're not ready to implement it at this time.

"Fix all the broken instances" is kind of like saying "solve world peace". Many thousands of work hours and extensive knowledge of scripting is required to fix everything. Nobody on staff is an SAI scripter, and none have ever applied for developer.

Additional malls have no performance impact if they're mostly empty.

The Blacksmith idea is essentially the same as the system already there, with different weapons/mats. If the existing upgrader simply required tokens instead of the other materials, and covered more weapons/armor, it's the exact same result.

Ingame upgradeable VIP gear is not currently possible with the automated system for VIP level upgrades and transfers. The code needs to be made much more sophisticated to work with that.

As far as I can see, the rest of this threads suggestions look okay

I meant fixing the "Custom Weapon" plugin you have on the site, and possibly including armor with the boundaries of level 60 and 70 gear models.

My point for the materials is not to implement JUST tokens. I actually mean more organization. The concept of multiple materials being required to upgrade certain gear is a bit messy. This is, of course, an opinion-based suggestion. 

I would like to see people being able to farm at areas that they can handle. Choosing the RATE of the CHALLENGE based on where they go, thusly increasing the need for more tokens to upgrade the gear, and giving the players the options of where to go with different levels of challenge and drop rates. In example:

If I wanted to upgrade my +1 gear to +2, I would be fine with going to level 1 zone to get the materials because the mobs won't kill me, yet I still can get the same materials that my gear requires, it will just take longer. Being that currently there is only one instance I can go to to get the said material, there is lack of diversity or variety. Also, the VIP's would benefit because, depending on the VIP's level, they would be able to go to the level 10 area to farm the "Tokens" faster, all the while the non-VIPs would be unable to accomplish that. This would accomplish giving VIP's another benefit, and create a simpler more organized way to go about upgrading gear.