Gear sets

lolguy2

I was thinking once I player reaches impec gear set they can start a new character but instead of having to do the same quest for the same gear set they can do another quest chain for another set of gear so it's different mobs different dungeons different gear so people don't have to keep doing the same sh!t, killing the same mobs farming the same stuff it's boring.. This way players can keep playing to achieve different armors and complete various different quest just an idea

So basically, a set that's better than impeccable, but you don't have to get impeccable for it.

Might just as well swap the starter gear vendor for an impeccable vendor.

Hell why make it a vendor, let's just have every new character start with full impeccable. Perhaps thrown in some Fotbs as well to make it look better.

• Staff

Flash, I am not sure why you are being so hard on the guy for his suggestion. People need to feel free here to make suggestions for game improvement since its for them to enjoy. Many suggestions don't work out for the server but some do get accepted and even built upon through helpful and positive dialogue. Also, as I read it, the suggestion is not necessarily for an after impecc gear set, but a whole other gear set chain to farm from the demonic level up.

Having a secondary set that requires different zones/instances to farm is not a bad idea, but it is a lot of work. I would like to see more gear sets with similar attributes just to give people a variety and more realistic game experience. I would like to see outside zones used for farming as it would give players a different experience and encourage some pvp outside of the arena. Could be fun.

Keep the suggestions coming!

I think he means that once a player reaches impec on one char, then he gets to repeat the same process only with better gear. I mean, that would be awesome, especially if the stats got an improvement and reached VIP 3 - 4 levels which i personally think makes sense, cause if you spend 50 $ on perfection, the you only just get to skip the really long process of gathering mats. Which should be reallyyyyyyyy long. But still, not Holy Ashbringer long, cause thats just inhumane. Well, perhaps the final gear set. 

Flash, I am not sure why you are being so hard on the guy for his suggestion. People need to feel free here to make suggestions for game improvement since its for them to enjoy. Many suggestions don't work out for the server but some do get accepted and even built upon through helpful and positive dialogue. Also, as I read it, the suggestion is not necessarily for an after impecc gear set, but a whole other gear set chain to farm from the demonic level up.

Having a secondary set that requires different zones/instances to farm is not a bad idea, but it is a lot of work. I would like to see more gear sets with similar attributes just to give people a variety and more realistic game experience. I would like to see outside zones used for farming as it would give players a different experience and encourage some pvp outside of the arena. Could be fun.

Keep the suggestions coming!

Cmon Daz..

We've been waiting some time now for a new upgrade.

No offence, Tiri can take all the time he needs, but an entire new chain?

I think everyone that has been here for longer than 2 weeks could agree on the fact that it's not happening for at least another 6 months.

Things like this should not be mentioned really.

You're bringing up people's hopes while it simply won't happen.

I'm not even talking about the actual idea itself. 

If he actually means a second set which allows you to choose, ill support that.

But it wont

Ever

Happen.

Cmon Daz..

We've been waiting some time now for a new upgrade.

No offence, Tiri can take all the time he needs, but an entire new chain?

I think everyone that has been here for longer than 2 weeks could agree on the fact that it's not happening for at least another 6 months.

Things like this should not be mentioned really.

You're bringing up people's hopes while it simply won't happen.

I'm not even talking about the actual idea itself. 

If he actually means a second set which allows you to choose, ill support that.

But it wont

Ever

Happen.

I agree that Icecold is taking rather long on updates? but its not really anyone's fault. for example? remember when you where young or possibly even now, And you always wanted that one thing for Christmas could be anything you really liked? You asked your parents for it and they told you they couldn't afford it but Christmas comes around and magically that one thing you wanted was under the tree and you where very happy? its because they wanted you to be happy so they worked a way to get it anyways. Just because something doesn't get done very often doesn't mean its not going to be done. I'm sure the Icecold-WoW Staff wants whats best for you so they are going to get it done. When? Who knows but that doesn't mean its not going to happen so just because you think its not doesn't mean you have to bring other peoples hopes down to. I wuvz you Flash! Just don't feel so down and think of it this way ^_^

I was just making a suggestion imo that would keep players playing I never said it was gonna happen like I said it's just a idea

Yes lolguy2, Making suggestions is what makes this world better. Or even this server in that matter? think of America, People made suggestions and other people made suggestions on top of them some people didn't agree but in the end America became what it is today. Making suggestions on the server helps out probably more than you think :P. Good job! Its never a bad thing to try to help. ^_^

Actually, if I just made a copy of the current sets and just changed a few things around in them then I could potentially get the items done in a few weeks, the dungeons will take perhaps at most a month though. However, the most hard part of doing this will be finding which dungeons to use, and if you'd want the sets to be a different display or not. (and if so, may take longer cause we don't have that many sets that are unused :/)

Wouldn't this allow people to sell characters on the charshop with impeccable straight away though?

If the idea was exactly like i sketched, then yes.

But it's not.

I agree that Icecold is taking rather long on updates? but its not really anyone's fault. for example? remember when you where young or possibly even now, And you always wanted that one thing for Christmas could be anything you really liked? You asked your parents for it and they told you they couldn't afford it but Christmas comes around and magically that one thing you wanted was under the tree and you where very happy? its because they wanted you to be happy so they worked a way to get it anyways. Just because something doesn't get done very often doesn't mean its not going to be done. I'm sure the Icecold-WoW Staff wants whats best for you so they are going to get it done. When? Who knows but that doesn't mean its not going to happen so just because you think its not doesn't mean you have to bring other peoples hopes down to. I wuvz you Flash! Just don't feel so down and think of it this way ^_^

I'm not blaming anyone. At all.

Read "No offence".

I've been part of this team and i'd never try to insult it's capability.

This is just the way i see things, focus should placed on other things rather than an entire new chain.

But very well.

I'll be waitin' in front of the tree.

Better hope there's some god damn presents there.

Betch.

Actually, if I just made a copy of the current sets and just changed a few things around in them then I could potentially get the items done in a few weeks, the dungeons will take perhaps at most a month though. However, the most hard part of doing this will be finding which dungeons to use, and if you'd want the sets to be a different display or not. (and if so, may take longer cause we don't have that many sets that are unused :/)

There should be plenty of available dungeons left right?
Otherwise you could always use the "off-map" area inside dungeons?

It would take a lot of time but if you wanted different looks you can use non tier items that match each other  :P

A suggestion post could be pinned asking for players to post their favorite combination.

There's enough attention, that's for sure.