Identify's Rogue PVP Guide

rawrtje

What's up Icecold,

I'm Identify, and i'm new to Icecold-WoW. In my years of playing WoW, I mainly played a rogue. Now that i'm here, I'd like to contribute a little to the server by making a rogue guide.

I'll be talking about which spells to be used, my talents, tricks, keybindings etc. etc.

Step 1: Talents

In Icecold, I rather use sublety as in pvp, it's a great pvp and a fun spec. Really awesome to paly around. Here are my talents:

zfec.png

Glyphs:

Prime:
Glyph of Backstab                               Useful for energy regen.
Glyph of Shadow Dance                       Longer Shadow Dance is useful.
Glyph of Hermorrhage                         Adds a bleed effect. Which does pretty much damage.

Major:
Glyph of Fan of Knives                         Longer range to get stealthers out.
Glyph of Preparation                           Extra spells that get reset, really useful. (Dismantle, Kick, Smokebomb)
Glyph of Garrote                                 Longer silence effect. 

Minor: (These don't matter that much)
Glyph of Poisons
Glyph of Safe Fall
Glyph of Distract      

Step 2: Spells

Rogues have have instant damage spells, when you use them you build up combo points. Combo points go up to 5 and they are shown next to the target's potrait as blood droplets. With these combo points you can use specific spells which I will explain now.

Stealth spells:
Stealth: You are invisible to players and can walk around invisible, don't come too close (don't stand right next to him or on him) or else they'll see you
  • Sap - Knocks someone unconscious, any damage will break this effect, you can use it up to 3 times on the same target within a specific amount of time. Each time the duration gets lowered.
  • Garrote - Bleed effect that hits over time, it also silences the target. Good against casters. 
  • Cheap Shot - Stuns the target for 4 seconds.
  • Premeditation - Adds 2 combo points on your target
  • Ambush - Instant attack only useable in stealth ( Backstab does more damage ).

Out of stealth spells (Non combo points): 

• Shiv - Instant attack that cannot be dodged. Builds up 1 combo point.
  • Hermorrhage - Instant attack that hits pretty much, use this as your combo builder.
  • Fan of Knives - Our only All on Enemy damage. Mostly used to get stealthers out of stealth.
  • Backstab - Instant attack that hits more than Hermorrhage. Only able to use behind the target. Use this when you know that you are 100% behind him.
  • Kick - An interrupt for spell casters, kinda useless if you tell me because casters here have haste cap.
  • Vanish - You vanish away and go into stealth. Great spell to get away
  • Gouge - Incapacitates an enemy for 4 seconds, any damage breaks it. Target must be facing you.
  • Preparation (With glyph) - Resets the cooldown of Sprint, Shadowstep, Vanish, Kick, Dismantle and Smoke Bomb.
  • Distract -  Turns the target around to the spot you've thrown the bomb. Also used in stealth.
  • Blind - Blinds the target making him wander around for 10 seconds, great spell to get away from people. Any damage breaks the effect.
  • Cloak of Shadows - Remove all damage over time spells besides bleed effects.
  • Smoke Bomb - Throws a bomb to the grout creating a thick smoke cloud, enemies cant target you within or out of the smoke cloud. (DOESN'T WORK)
  • Dismantle - Disarms the enemy removing all his weps for 10 seconds
  • Shadow Dance (With Glyph) - Allows you to use stealth spells out of stealth for 8 seconds.
  • Sprint - Increases your movement speed by 70%
  • Combat Readiness - Adds damage reduction each time you get melee attacked. Each stack is 10% stacking up 5 times making it 50%.

Combo Point Spells:
  • Kidney Shot - Stuns the target. 1 combo points = 2 seconds. Goes up 1 second each combo point.
  • Recuperate - Heals you over time. Each combo point makes it a longer duration.
  • Eviscerate - Deals instant damage. The more combo points the higher the damage.
  • Deadly Throw - An instant throw that slows the target by 50%.
  • Rupture - Bleeds the target dealing damage over time. Each combo point makes it a longer duration and adds more damage.

Poison I use:
  • Crippling Poison Main Hand.
  • (Offhand nothing because your offhand almost never hits).

Step 3: Keybindings

Now that you have your spells, you'll have to keybind to make it easier to PVP. In the beginning you have to get used to it but later on it makes you play better and react faster than clicking. Make use of Shift too. s-E for example = Shift-E. 

Make your keybindings close to where you put your hand on your keyboard, making it easier to reach the buttons.

Here are my keybindings:

o117.png

Note: PLEASE do not use my keybindings if you do not like them. Use the ones you enjoy and use the ones that make you play better.

Step 4: Tips 'n Tricks

Amazing damage after Cheapshot or Garrote:
When you open up with Cheapshot or Garrote you'll deal lots of more damage because of the Find Weakness talent. Making you ignore 70% of their armor!

Garrote Trick: 
When you fight, you can use garrote. But most of the times people can react back because of your auto attack hitting too fast. The Garrote Trick is to give you more time after a garrote to use Dismantle or Cloak of Shadows etc.
You use Garrote, and turn around so you don't auto attack. You'll have 3 seconds to do something before your garrote bleed ticks!

I'm fighting people with better gear who kill me very fast! What to do?!:
This is a little bit complicated but if you master this it'll be very useful. If they have stun gems, Do the garrote trick and use dismantle or cloak of shadows within the 3 seconds, Backstab and jump right away so they don't hit you with auto attack, shadowstep them and use hermorrhage and auto attack. He'll get confused like crazy! And if you keep running around him with auto attack he'll get crazy in his head. Here's a quick video:

(Thanks for Exorcism with helping me with this video)

(More Tips 'n Tricks in the future).

I hope you liked my guide and I hope this will teach you a little bit on how to play as a rogue. Anything wrong or anything that I missed? Please tell me.

Lol, I taught you how to play rogue and why don't you use black jack?

I don't even know who you are o.o

And Blackjack here doesn't work

This is amazing, I remember playing 3.3.5A as a Rogue!

Haha thanks mate :D

I'm apologizing in advance for going off topic but Knee, I just know realized that in that gif he brings his hand up when he says "Oh". Why doesn't he snap. :|

Also, so I contribute something to this thread, I as a rogue I generally just pop up outta stealth to ambush em then just faceroll my keyboard.... It works, but I'm a bad rogue. I'm just good at getting away. C:

I'm apologizing in advance for going off topic but Knee, I just know realized that in that gif he brings his hand up when he says "Oh". Why doesn't he snap. :|

Also, so I contribute something to this thread, I as a rogue I generally just pop up outta stealth to ambush em then just faceroll my keyboard.... It works, but I'm a bad rogue. I'm just good at getting away. C:

Haha, yeah if you got the gear it's ez. But fighting higher geared people gets harder.

Demon = Mark

Oh skarly, dat fool haha

Nice guide, rly helpfull  :thumbsup: thank you for doing it. :)

Thanks Chuckey, appreciated. :D

Ummm, Blackjack does work.

Just found out 1 points work. 2 points doesn't. I would like to change it but I can't edit the thread. Ryan made the maximum edit time 15 minutes.

Looks good ill be making a mage guide soon

Awesome, I saw your video. It was great. But you should've edited though. Would look way more better.

Thanks Chuckey, appreciated. :D

Just found out 1 points work. 2 points doesn't. I would like to change it but I can't edit the thread. Ryan made the maximum edit time 15 minutes.

Awesome, I saw your video. It was great. But you should've edited though. Would look way more better

My next one will be edited with vegas i was in a rush to help like 2 friends out and i wanted to explain whats wrong with my class and spec