Drop rates!

I agree with counterwow on farming gear... but honestly, once you have the haunted ashbringer and want to farm the other items needed to upgrade it, man thats impossible!! I ran the dungeon twice and got NOTHING. It took me about an hour to do so. Guys what you did with that quest just doesnt make sense. You should realize that making a quest harder to complete wont make the players more interested into completing it. I get it, its a great non-VIP weapon but, for the Love of God, i will have to run the instance ( say i get 1 item per run, which is highly unlikely to happen, then i will have to run it 500 TIMES = absoltely pointless and boring, plus that, if you are a non VIP you would need minimum 5 players to complete the instance, unless you were giving me the Sword of Truth or the staff of Lies, which would be enough to motivate me, because most of us are not willing to spend 300$ on buying it :P ).

once you have the haunted ashbringer and want to farm the other items needed to upgrade it, man thats impossible!! I ran the dungeon twice and got NOTHING. It took me about an hour to do so. Guys what you did with that quest just doesnt make sense. You should realize that making a quest harder to complete wont make the players more interested into completing it. I get it, its a great non-VIP weapon but, for the Love of God, i will have to run the instance ( say i get 1 item per run, which is highly unlikely to happen, then i will have to run it 500 TIMES = absoltely pointless and boring, plus that, if you are a non VIP you would need minimum 5 players to complete the instance, unless you were giving me the Sword of Truth or the staff of Lies, which would be enough to motivate me, because most of us are not willing to spend 300$ on buying it :P ).

I solely made the Ashbringer questline. It's supposed to be impossible, it's supposed to need a full group of non-vips, it's supposed to take a long time even with VIP, all because, the final upgrade is a great weapon, but since it comes so close with a VIP tier weapon the purpose of skywalls difficulty is to deter anyone who doesn't want to put in the time, and effort to get it. 

Man i bet that if you run a vote then 99 percent of the players will agree with me. The instance is not Supposed to be extremely hard, because players think otherwise, and because the server is Supposed to be fun. Its for non-VIPs, okay,  but if you manage to find me a 10 people group to run the instance 500 times, then i will bang my head on the wall and will post it on youtube. Let alone having to collect the ingredients for every single one of these 10 non VIPs, which mean ( 500*10 ) = 5000 times... Man admit it, its too much for a non VIP weapon that only non Vips may want to use. 

The way i see it, you should either increase the drop rate, or improve the reward. The whole instance is pointless otherwise

Man i bet that if you run a vote then 99 percent of the players will agree with me. The instance is not Supposed to be extremely hard, because players think otherwise, and because the server is Supposed to be fun. Its for non-VIPs, okay,  but if you manage to find me a 10 people group to run the instance 500 times, then i will bang my head on the wall and will post it on youtube. Let alone having to collect the ingredients for every single one of these 10 non VIPs, which mean ( 500*10 ) = 5000 times... Man admit it, its too much for a non VIP weapon that only non Vips may want to use. 

The way i see it, you should either increase the drop rate, or improve the reward. The whole instance is pointless otherwise

I know a couple people that have the weapon.. including myself.

It just takes dedication.  And don't even say "Well, you have VIP 7.".   Blazer is one of those people that have it.  And when he obtained it, he had non VIP gear. 

It's not hard.  It's just time consuming. 

Okay, lets clear this up. 
I made the instance, I decided the difficulty level,  It IS supposed to be extremely hard, if not harder than that. Secondly, the reward is actually pretty damn nice. Haunted Ash - Holy Ash - Radiant Ash - Godsword. It won't be nerfed, rates won't be increased. Sorry but that's the way it is. It's also not pointless, seeing as how the point of content is to give the player something to do. It serves it's purpose, and holds true to the fact that at the Radiant Ashbringer tier of the quest, it's the best weapon in game that you don't have to buy/vote for. Meaning the Godsword tier is even better. 

The instance is not Supposed to be extremely hard

The way I see it you should either increase the drop rate, or improve the reward. The whole instance is pointless otherwise.

I know a couple people that have the weapon.. including myself.

It just takes dedication.  And don't even say "Well, you have VIP 7.".   Blazer is one of those people that have it.  And when he obtained it, he had non VIP gear. 

It's not hard.  It's just time consuming. 

But these are just three people... i propose that, instead of 3 months of contastant gameplay, maybe you could reduce this time to one month... for the sake of the rest of us. Or perhaps you should spread it in more than one instances. For example, u should choose one instance to place all the angel souls, then another one to place another ingredient. And the one that already exists ( which is pretty damn well designed by the way ) you could put the one thing that drops from boss. As for the other instances, you could use ready made ones, like Icecrown Citadel, or Bastion of twilight or The Black Temple, as the last two are FULLY scripted and are pretty awesome. Especially the Black Temple! Its a shame that you guys dont use this instance cause its freakin awesome, with Illidan and the rest of the Burning Crusade guys, and whats more, its huge!

Thats what im proposing.

They won't make it easier to get, it isn't designed to be obtainable. They made it that hard so you don't get it, it's only for the most dedicated players on the server. Not everything can be easy, takes all the fun out of getting it and the feeling of being special because you are one of the few that have it.

remind me, why did we all choose to leave wow in the first place?

What does this have to do with the topic?

Like Matt said, no drop rates will be changed.  It's supposed to be hard/time consuming!  It's for the dedicated players.

remind me, why did we all choose to leave wow in the first place?

Because it cost money monthly, if you don't like the server than leave. But the drop-rate won't be changed. It's supposed to be near impossible. If it were easy then more people would have it and it wouldn't be as special.

Because it cost money monthly, if you don't like the server than leave. But the drop-rate won't be changed. It's supposed to be near impossible. If it were easy then more people would have it and it wouldn't be as special.

What im trying to say is that, making it near impossible wont help new players at all, since this is supposed to be a non-VIP weapon. We are making suggestions here. If you cant stand it, then perhaps you can leave.

It isn't for new players, it's end-game. Meaning as a non-vip you should have full impec, icegold trinkets, maybe a voter weapon, and there should be a full group of you. 

I'd also like to point out that it's been nerfed since it was released already. Twice.