Healing Potions !!!

Vordnox

Hey so why dont you provide all ( say ) VIP5 or VIP4 to Vips 7 with healing potions that will heal them for 35% or 40% of their hp. Think about it, it will be just like paladin heal but available to all classes !!! This can bring your server back to life ! And maybe you can give us unlimited potions ( not just 20 per stack ) which i can imagine wont be very hard. Or sell them to players for say 10000 gold per 1000 potions. How about that? Keep in mind that you can place an item icon in your action bars and use it as an ability. 

This could be great!

This could also be retarded. You do realize other classes don't have paladin heals because...they aren't paladins........just sayin. I agree health pots and stuff would need to be buffed for them to be useful at all. Aka like a SMALL percentage of your health. They aren't meant to be an "ohfaecesfullheal" button, more of a "ohfaeceslemmesurviveatinybitsoImightbeabletokillthem" button. Yea. Read that faeces.

A more viable option would be to sell potions that heal 1-15% health on a randomizer, sell them for 10000g per 100 and have a 30m cooldown on them. Because healing is typically a pally/shammy/priest thing. If we make a potion that everyone has then boom! Paladins/shammys/priests are suddenly underpowered because their heal is no longer a class trait since everyone has it, and then everyone will complain about it and so on and so on. If you need a pally heal for PvP then you don't really know your class well enough. The only use I really see this for is PVE. For example, many people need a group for SkyWall. But there are a few that are just on the edge to be able to solo it but lack a heal to help finish the big groups of mobs. So they would be able to use this as a boost.

Man im not complaining about PVP. Im complaining about PVE. PVE is practically impossible to play if not a paladin. The way i see it pallies and shammies and druids get all the good stuff, and all casters and warriors and dks and rogues are being neglected. So, you should give it a try, my way, because you need to deside whether as a server you want to focus more on PVP or PVE. Because, the way i see it you are torn. Find a way to balance the classes in PVE or you can focus more on PVP. Its all up to you really.

Ans by the way, wow is all about empowerment. Why want to be a class other than pallies when pallies are both good in PVP and can solo most stuff on PVE? So, the way i see it, you either need to nerf pallies to balance the rest and give people a good reason to form groups that are actually successful instead of beggin VIP7s to help them out, or focus solely on PVP as i said before. Yes, blizz design wow to be balanced with regard to classes, yet since you choose to give us a 10x stat buff you need to find a way to maintain that balance. And max haste makes it even more complex. So we need to find a proper solution.

yet since you choose to give us a 10x stat buff you need to find a way to maintain that balance.

It's really hard to balance everything properly when you start messing with stats.

It's easy to balance out items and stuff, but to do it properly, for each class, goodluck.

What Matt said makes 100% sense.

Bring a mega heal to any class that doesn't have it = demolish every class that does have it.

There's a reason blizz didn't give warriors a lay on hands, it just doesn't belong to a warrior.

Also,

There might be more PvE on this server due to the farming that's required, but there's plenty of people that do nothing but PvP on here. What you're saying is "Neglect them, just focus on my PvE problem".

I'd say think of a way in which you will leave the PvP untouched, but in which you can make the PvE more do-able.

Like an item/object that only functions in specific areas. Which obviously would be some of the instances.

Bottom line,

I support the idea of buffing PvE.

I do not support the idea of giving a major heal to every class that doesn't have one already.

well it atleast worths a try

Well, if we already know it will mess up the balancing, then it kinda isn't.

You should understand you can't just buff up one specific class without thinking about the consequences it'll have on the other classes. Especially with all these paladins on here.

I can totally understand that you want Dk to be buffed, but you gotta agree that a Dk with a 30% heal is ridiculous.

Perhaps some small heals, like mentioned before. And maybe some additional stuff which will make you able to solo instances.

About the dicussion that it's impossible for any class but paladin to do PvE. Do you not see how horribly wrong that is? Warriors farm fine, hunters farm fine, shammys farm fine, dks farm fine. Just learn how to play your classes, it isn't hard. If you're trying to rush your gear then you'll run into issues in that case take your time. Warriors for farming should be fury in my opinion for their heals. Hunters in MM for it's heals, and DK's in blood. Just keep in mind that the classes can't be changed much how they are now. They're about as balanced as they're going to get. With max haste some classes (paladins, hunters, mages) are bound to be stronger than others. That's just my two cents.

That's more than two cents^^

I think we all know farming can easily be done here.

As i read it, the main purpose of this post is to enhance high end PvE.

He's talking about Vip4/5 to Vip7. So Farming wouldn't be necessary for them.

I do totally agree with you as for the balance on here.

It's actually not that bad as it is.

I wonder...has anyone ever heard of groups? Boom. Get a pally/healer, get another class, go rape PvE stuff like it was an episode of Tellytubbies. Or, just use the pally to farm the PvE, and use whatever other class you want to PvP. That's how I did it with my toons. It's not that hard. And I disagree with the random heal from the pot, since retail pots are a fixed percentage of your health (there are some pots that are a random amount, but very few).

And also, unless they were nerfed since I played, shammies are quite powerful in PvE and PvP. Just in case you forgot to mention them :P

PS: if anything in this post makes zero sense, I'm running on close to no sleep after a full day of work. It does things to my mind...

• Staff

Due to the low population, the number of vips and the class imbalance it is almost impossible to get a pickup group together for a full instance (PVE). Couple that with very limited and low gear drops and it is no wonder why people dont persue groups more often. Imagine as a non-vip toon trying to get the ashbringer sword. It could take forever to get it to drop and as soon as one person get theirs, they would probably bail. It just doesn't seem to work here.

as for dks... no they cannot farm, i have tried blood and i cant get a satisfactory heal without dying :P That goes for mages too. Warrior and hunts i dont know

And fireguy, i agree with you, people are not willing to form organized groups

Due to the low population, the number of vips and the class imbalance it is almost impossible to get a pickup group together for a full instance (PVE). Couple that with very limited and low gear drops and it is no wonder why people dont persue groups more often. Imagine as a non-vip toon trying to get the ashbringer sword. It could take forever to get it to drop and as soon as one person get theirs, they would probably bail. It just doesn't seem to work here.

L2HaveFriends. I joined and farmed with a buddy of mine. You only really need at most 2 or 3 people, one with a heal to do the stuff here. Hell, I could solo DW in full Forest or whatever it is now (stuff that gets upgraded with the Lightning Halls diamon.ds). If you and a buddy just farm together, you never need to rely on randoms to go anywhere.

as for dks... no they cannot farm, i have tried blood and i cant get a satisfactory heal without dying :P That goes for mages too. Warrior and hunts i dont know

Whelp, I disagree with this alot. You don't go blood for the healing, you do it for the AoE. Plus, as a mage you just have to be able to kite and have firey on your staff. It's that simple, for hunters it's essentially the same thing, just kite. Warriors are easy, just try taking your time. Don't rush farming for DK. I've farmed forbidden on my DK with no problems and it has no VIP gear. Same for my mage. Just saying. :P

You don't go blood for the healing, you do it for the AoE.

Actually, Blood is a tanking spec. I agree that, in a solid group, you won't be using the heals all that much and thus Blood would mainly cause you to have decent AoE's.

When farming solo on the other hand, blood heals can come in very handy.

I've been playing a Dk on retail, mainly Blood, and i really had to use the healing spells regularly.

I must say that i mainly have experience with Blood Dk's retail, not so much on here tho.

Whelp, I disagree with this alot. You don't go blood for the healing, you do it for the AoE. Plus, as a mage you just have to be able to kite and have firey on your staff. It's that simple, for hunters it's essentially the same thing, just kite. Warriors are easy, just try taking your time. Don't rush farming for DK. I've farmed forbidden on my DK with no problems and it has no VIP gear. Same for my mage. Just saying. :P

Even if you can solo DW with a dk or a mage ( which i really doubt you can ), a pally can do so in one quarter of that time, at least. Plus that you do need the healing cause frankly, your health will go down quite fast once DW is enraged... even if your VIP. Pallies though can take him down with EaSe. ( and no couldowns )

Oh and when it comes down to farming... try farming 150 angels souls for you haunted ashbringer sword... being a dk or a mage.... nuf said :P Pallies are super-azerothians, unless of course you are an exceptional kitter as you said... or a death knight with extremely high armor...

Paladins get wrecked my DW's enraged too brah. As long as you stun right before he enrages you're fine on really any class. And if you're going for the angel souls then I hope you're atleast full forb. If you are then it isn't a super big deal. Just take em on one or two at a time.

It's also a bad thing, that enrage kills my VIP 7 warrior, which I do suck at, to die very often. D:

You can kill it.

Just stun it at 45m.  To be safe, stun at 46-47m.  You should do enough DPS to get him down below 45m within a stun time.

When I was a Warrior, I'd always go Arms and use Throwdown.  

You would have to be really skilled with timing if you were to do it in Fury.  Fury has no stuns unless it's Intercept.