Difference between official and private servers.

magical

Private servers have a very different community; along with a lot of perks and disadvantages.

Pros:

Closer Community

Custom Content

Free to play

Cons:

Random bugs

Random crashes

The Private server cores aren't nearly as stable as the original World of Warcraft's; where as WoW holds a few million people, IceCold has a certain occupancy. Hope that helps!

Indeed it helped :P I found Battelchest + 30 days prepaid card for €9.50 at http://www.go2arena.com/ . It's not so expensive. Isn't it better to play on official servers?

Depends on yourself.

Official server:

-pay monthly

-stable servers

-fast bug fixes

private server:

-free

-custom stuff on servers

-smaller comunity and more social

Indeed it helped :P I found Battelchest + 30 days prepaid card for €9.50 at http://www.go2arena.com/ . It's not so expensive. Isn't it better to play on official servers?

A battle chest only gets you the first expansion, which in turn; you can only level to 70 and access those areas. Whereas you have to spend more to get WotLK, Cataclysm, and Pandaria which all added together is >$100 USD. On top of the initial cost; you do get a free month. However, that is only a month then you must spend an extra $15USD to continue playing.

• 1 month later...

Ok, Ill just say it all in one.

Pros:

Great communti
Customized weapons the way you like. 
Different layout by that I mean with the big globe and easy world teleports including inventory one too.
Different staff that join in and do fun events. (I've never came cross one so. :P)
Free to play. 

cons.
Many bugs
Not as stable as the offical wow.
could crash at any moment.
depending on the server staff slow updates for bugs ext.