GM Event Suggestions

Era13x

A lot have people have been suggesting that GM's become more active in the community by holding events, and I agree completely with this suggestion. BUT every time a GM holds an event it's a PvP one. I know that a lot of Ice is revolving around PvP, but it isn't everyone's cup of tea. A couple of different events could help get the whole community involved rather than just the well geared.

Below I've listed some ideas for GM's:

• Obstacle Courses - On previous servers I've played, GM's made obstacle courses or jump courses for other players to race to the end for a reward. It can take a lot of time to make them, but is definitely worth it.

• Hide and Seek - One of the simplest event's known to man kind. A GM hides anywhere on the map, and players have to find them. Hints can be given periodically to help the players along the way. First to find the GM wins.

• Maze - Similar to the obstacle course, but with a maze. First to the end of the maze wins.

• Treasure Hunt - A single chest is placed in each Horde/Alliance city with some form of reward inside. Players must find the key that corresponds to the chest within the city, first to find the key opens and receives the reward.

• Race - Can either be on foot or riding mount. GM makes a specific route for players to take, says go, and first to the end wins.

• Trivia - Simple question and answer event.

These are just some events that give a lot more players opportunities to participate and win events held by GMs, and hopefully will be taken into consideration. :D

A lot have people have been suggesting that GM's become more active in the community by holding events, and I agree completely with this suggestion. BUT every time a GM holds an event it's a PvP one. I know that a lot of Ice is revolving around PvP, but it isn't everyone's cup of tea. A couple of different events could help get the whole community involved rather than just the well geared.

Below I've listed some ideas for GM's:

• Obstacle Courses - On previous servers I've played, GM's made obstacle courses or jump courses for other players to race to the end for a reward. It can take a lot of time to make them, but is definitely worth it.

• Hide and Seek - One of the simplest event's known to man kind. A GM hides anywhere on the map, and players have to find them. Hints can be given periodically to help the players along the way. First to find the GM wins.

• Maze - Similar to the obstacle course, but with a maze. First to the end of the maze wins.

• Treasure Hunt - A single chest is placed in each Horde/Alliance city with some form of reward inside. Players must find the key that corresponds to the chest within the city, first to find the key opens and receives the reward.

• Race - Can either be on foot or riding mount. GM makes a specific route for players to take, says go, and first to the end wins.

• Trivia - Simple question and answer event.

These are just some events that give a lot more players opportunities to participate and win events held by GMs, and hopefully will be taken into consideration. :D

I agree with most

Obstacle Course - Already have one, we just haven't used it in a while :P

HnS - We have a bit of HnS spots, so we can do it easily. Or we can use the maze as a HnS. :)

Maze - Already have one.

Treasure Hunt - Could be done easily, I'll think about it.

Race - Sure, we would just have to supervise over the race so that no one can take shortcuts. (e.g. You can only be on the road and go to this destination, if you try to take shortcuts by going off the road then you will be ported back)

Trivia - Would need to get TriviaBot for this.

Obstacle Course - Already have one, we just haven't used it in a while :P

HnS - We have a bit of HnS spots, so we can do it easily. Or we can use the maze as a HnS. :)

Maze - Already have one.

Treasure Hunt - Could be done easily, I'll think about it.

Race - Sure, we would just have to supervise over the race so that no one can take shortcuts. (e.g. You can only be on the road and go to this destination, if you try to take shortcuts by going off the road then you will be ported back)

Trivia - Would need to get TriviaBot for this.

Thanks for the feedback.

I didn't know most of these were available. They just need to be used now. xD