Replace OpenWoW vote site poll

fireguywtc

9 members have voted

1. 1. Should OpenWoW vote site be replaced with a more dependable site?

• Yes, replace OpenWoW
    • No, keep it the way it is

• Staff

I have lost more votes to OpenWoW not registering and counting my votes. But I would conservatively estimate I have lost into the 40's of votes since we have been using the site. Again, today it wouldn't register my vote and put me 6 votes away from a new weapon rather then 5. I have spoken with several players in-game and have heard the same complaints about OpenWoW. I seem to have a problem with the site registering my votes about once a week and trying to vote again and other forms of troubleshooting have failed. I have also tried using a different browser. All other sites work great for me and I have no other known problems.

So the question is, should the site be replaced with a more dependable vote site or keep it the way it is. That is of course, to replace the site as soon as "reasonably" possible. Please vote now!  Thanks

Honestly if the site is not giving any Vote points then it should not really be listed until it can fix the issue, although this may be a new error that has just sprouted up this past month or so.

I think the best thing to do is to either find a new vote hosting site until the websites fixes the error it has been having, or perhaps contacting the owner or technical support of the site to ask about the problem.  

• Staff

How many times have you voted? Every day twice a day? Only occasionally? Like I have said before, it works for me a majority of the time but fails fairly consistently and for no apparent reason. I don't know what problems other players are having, but this problem site is causing people to be deterred from voting. No one wants to vote for no reason and not get credit, especially on a regular basis.

This thread and poll are merely asking/suggesting that OpenWoW be replaced. So far everyone (seven votes) has said it should be replaced for a better site. One thing I apologize for is I cannot recommend a better site, I just don't know enough about them. However, there are lots of other vote sites out there and I am sure we can find something better.

Openwow has worked for me everytime I voted on it. o_O

Same for me

How many times have you voted? Every day twice a day? Only occasionally? 

And I've been voting twice a day for the past week or so now. I've never lost any points to OpenWoW or any other vote site in that time.

• Staff

I am confused. I don't know if you guys (GMs) think everything is okay and I am full of it or what. Either way I vote more then anyone here and I know what I am doing. I know the problem is not on my end or Icecold's end. Keep trying it and I hope that at some point it fails for you so you can confirm what is happening to myself and others. Hopefully more people will chime in and share their problems with the site.

Fwiw, the site screwed me out of another vote this morning.