Retail news server problem

prokjs

Question

I played on ice-cold about 7-8 months ago when I couldn't afford retail and enjoyed it, thanks. After my short time here, I went back to retail. So anyways, I've been playing WoW all this time without seeing any of the blizzard news feeds. The launcher always says "Cannot connect to news server. Please check the network and try again later." and at the login screen there is no news box on the left side. According to similar posts, I am supposed to re-download the ice-cold launcher, put it in my wow folder and click "remove patch" and that should fix it. But it does not! When I type "http://launcher.worl...fwarcraft.com/" into my internet browser it brings me to "Apache 2 Test Page powered by CentOS". If anyone can help me resolve this issue i would REALLY appreciate it, I would really like to see blizzard news now that Mists of Pandaria is about to be released. Thanks

11 answers to this question

I played on ice-cold about 7-8 months ago when I couldn't afford retail and enjoyed it, thanks. After my short time here, I went back to retail. So anyways, I've been playing WoW all this time without seeing any of the blizzard news feeds. The launcher always says "Cannot connect to news server. Please check the network and try again later." and at the login screen there is no news box on the left side. According to similar posts, I am supposed to re-download the ice-cold launcher, put it in my wow folder and click "remove patch" and that should fix it. But it does not! When I type "http://launcher.worl...fwarcraft.com/" into my internet browser it brings me to "Apache 2 Test Page powered by CentOS". If anyone can help me resolve this issue i would REALLY appreciate it, I would really like to see blizzard news now that Mists of Pandaria is about to be released. Thanks

Make sure your realmlist.wtf file says contains this exactly:(if you're in the us)

set realmlist us.logon.worldofwarcraft.com

set patchlist enUS.patch.battle.net:1119/patch

set realmlistbn ""

set portal us

Not sure but it might have something to do with news,

Also try running repair.exe

I had this same problem a real long time ago. I talked to a retail game master about it and nothing worked. You can try though. He told me to repair, restart, and some other things that im not remembering. But your best bet is to re-install wow. Only way I got mines back.

Guest DeadlySinister

Well I would first go to the repair application. Also not so long ago they were talking about the patch being updated to 5.0.4 but the expansion isn't out just the patch.

My realmist is fine, i've repaired multiple times, and even reinstalled multiple times. Now that the patch is out, I have a new launcher, so I can see news from there yay! HOWEVER! Still cant see the news box on the left side at the login screen. Am I royally screwed?

Delete my entire world of warcraft folder and download it again? Notice I said i've reinstalled multiple times. Is an admin going to reply to me or what? Probably not. This site and server blows. I feel sorry for those who have donated.

Delete my entire world of warcraft folder and download it again? Notice I said i've reinstalled multiple times. Is an admin going to reply to me or what? Probably not. This site and server blows. I feel sorry for those who have donated.

You realize this has nothing to do with Icecold? Go to the freaking bnet forums and stop complaining.