Clarrify the Spawn-Camping Rule

MushyMoo

Clarify the spawn-killing rule so it is no longer open to interpretation and who's interpretation is the correct one? Mine, yours, a GMs?

Enough is enough. The rule, as it is stated, is not clear. What is spawnkilling? How many times is one allowed to kill? 3? 5? 7? 9? n(n-1)/2? If I wait 30 seconds between a kill is that ok? Can I rage and put their digital bits in the virtual dirt forever? Am I allowed to let them move?

Too much ambiguity and I will provide a clear example. I was attacking Hudson on my mage Palladium when he killed me twice in a short span of time. I then proceeded to kill him once and he did it again, double-tap.

Well what is my definition of a spawn kill? As I was told by an ex-GM: Kill once wait 30 seconds. What do you think Hudson's definition is? Probably kill twice but the third is a definite spawn camp. Since noone appeared to take exception to what Hudson was doing, I killed him twice and backed off.

Well Hudson, being the champ he is, reported me for spawnkilling. So is it ok for Hudson but not me? Are we both wrong?

I hope you get the picture with this example that there need to be a clear definition of what it is to spawn camp. I am also sure if a poll were conducted, there would be no less than 5 definitions.

And Hudson didnt spawn camp you....

Let me clarify it for everyone here...

Example: Lets say <Bob> dislikes <Bill>. So <Bob> decides to kill <Bill>. If <Bill> respawns and attacks back, and keeps getting killed numerous of times while still ATTACkING back. Thats not spawn camping my friend.. thats complaining cause you cant kill the person that decided to kill you. Besides its an arena... PvP, you shouldnt complain about spawn camping.. either gtfo or Q.Q some moar.. seriously.

Thats basically what y'all's situation was... Fail thread.. should be closed already SMH..

getimba, you are not an authority I recognize so your opinion on what a spawncamp is is irrelevant; thank you for your post.

However, while I am on the subject, if I define "spawnkilling" as killing someone and then killing them again where they respawn in a deliberate manner, you are guilty of the same.

I look forward to proper clarification of this rule to avoid ambiguity.

getimba, you are not an authority I recognize so your opinion on what a spawncamp is is irrelevant; thank you for your post.

However, while I am on the subject, if I define "spawnkilling" as killing someone and then killing them again where they respawn in a deliberate manner, you are guilty of the same.

I look forward to proper clarification of this rule to avoid ambiguity.

My proper clarification? I AM Hudson, thank you very much. The rule is no Spawn CAMPING. Nothing about spawn KILLING