Arcane Blast

seewedward

Question

I would like to ask any1 to help me with make a good arcane mage macro with Arcane Blast. I'm tired to always press 1111111111 at Tanaris for example, so i want a macro wich casts Blast 10 or more times with only one click. It is possible? I tried to google it, but with no cast time i didnt find anything...

7 answers to this question

Note: I will take this early opportunity to let you know that macros run all at once. This means that when you click the button, the macro runs each command from start to finish before returning control to the game. This has two important effects. First, if you write a macro that takes a long time to execute (like /run for i=1, 100000000 do end), the game will freeze for as long as it takes to run the macro.

Second, and arguably more important, there is no way to wait in a macro without freezing the game. This fact will become much more apparent when we start dealing with the /cast command and its ilk. Some addons can provide a way to issue a command at a later time, but they can only be used for "benign" functions like chatting, emotes, and issuing commands to other addons (though equipping weapons in combat is allowed).

If you don't mind the game freezing, you can use this little workaround to make macros pause:

/script debugprofilestart();while debugprofilestop()<wait_time do end;

Where wait_time is the time, in milliseconds, you want to wait. You can use this with multiple /cast commands, no problem, as long as you wait for the correct cooldown periods.

source was http://www.wowwiki.com/Making_a_macro