I found the Problem, Solutions?

Vordnox

Question

When i log in to the game i get this messege : Patch recquired, please exit WoW and download the patch.

Then i get this error on my desktop :

Title: Wow.exe Not Found.

We have detected your WoW folder as:
C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\

Details: Files contained in launcher folder:
IceColdLauncher (2).exe

Date/time: 27/12/2012 1:07:52 μμ
================================================

IceColdLauncher (2).exe

Help?

25 answers to this question

Sorry, wrong one, the one following is the lattest

IceColdLauncher (2).exe

Date/time: 27/12/2012 1:07:52 μμ

IceColdLauncher (2).exe

Date/time: 27/12/2012 1:08:02 μμ
Title: Incorrect Version
.agent.db
Battle.net-64.dll
Battle.net.dll
dbghelp.dll
DivxDecoder.dll
IceColdLauncher (4).exe
Launcher.db
Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest
MovieProxy.exe
msvcr80.dll
Scan.dll.new
SetupWin.mpq
World of Warcraft Launcher.exe
Wow-64.exe
Wow.exe
WoW.mfil
WoW.pfil
WoW.tfil
WowError-64.exe
WowError.exe

Date/time: 27/12/2012 6:02:11 μμ
.agent.db
Battle.net-64.dll
Battle.net.dll
dbghelp.dll
DivxDecoder.dll
IceColdLauncher (4).exe
Launcher.db
MovieProxy.exe
msvcr80.dll
Scan.dll.new
SetupWin.mpq
Wow-64.exe
Wow.exe
WoW.mfil
WoW.pfil
WoW.tfil
WowError-64.exe
WowError.exe

Date/time: 27/12/2012 6:04:47 μμ
.agent.db
Battle.net-64.dll
Battle.net.dll
dbghelp.dll
DivxDecoder.dll
IceColdLauncher (4).exe
Launcher.db
MovieProxy.exe
msvcr80.dll
Scan.dll.new
SetupWin.mpq
Wow-64.exe
Wow.exe
WoW.mfil
WoW.pfil
WoW.tfil
WowError-64.exe
WowError.exe

I'm seeing a whole bunch of, "-64"s in your folder, which is a new file name Blizzard introduced to us for patch 5.x and up. For some reason they're in your folder, when they're not supposed to be in there, as those files are not needed for patch 4.x. 

I'm looking in my Icecold WoW folder, too. I also don't see ".agent.db" in it, as it's probably a 5.x file. To my knowledge, the Icecold Launcher doesn't install the 5.x files.

It even says so in your WoW error. You're probably running the 5.x files, also known as Mists of Pandaria files. 

You made a -WHOLE NEW- folder, right? One that doesn't have any files in it whatsover, right? I'd recommend just going to C:\Program Files\, and making a new folder there called something like, "Icecold", putting the downloaded launcher in there, then running it.

Here's the link to the right launcher for your problem...

http://www.icecold-wow.com/downloads

I'm seeing a whole bunch of, "-64"s in your folder, which is a new file name Blizzard introduced to us for patch 5.x and up. For some reason they're in your folder, when they're not supposed to be in there, as those files are not needed for patch 4.x. 

I'm looking in my Icecold WoW folder, too. I also don't see ".agent.db" in it, as it's probably a 5.x file. To my knowledge, the Icecold Launcher doesn't install the 5.x files.

It even says so in your WoW error. You're probably running the 5.x files, also known as Mists of Pandaria files. 

You made a -WHOLE NEW- folder, right? One that doesn't have any files in it whatsover, right? I'd recommend just going to C:\Program Files\, and making a new folder there called something like, "Icecold", putting the downloaded launcher in there, then running it.

Here's the link to the right launcher for your problem...

http://www.icecold-wow.com/downloads

Well i installed wow with my Cataclysm disc, not the mists of pandaria one, but when the download is finished i see ''game is up to date''. So i suppose that for some uknown to me reason, cata seems to be downloading pandaria files. Maybe i should download it from some other site?? Anyway, ill download it again, as it again eraised all my files when i put the correct version in my wow directory ( not the one you showed me, the one regarding placing it in wow directory folder ) but again, for some reason, the space in my hard drive is the same and no files size 36 gb seem to be missing. God... if it only were simpler...

• Owners

By default, your Blizzard install disk or download WILL force itself onto MoP as hard as it can. Generally you should stay away from official downloads and installs. Here is your best option:

Create a brand new, empty folder somewhere.

Drop IceColdLauncher.exe into it

Open the IceCold launcher and press "(Re)Install Game"

Let it do it's thing. At the end, you will get a black screen for 10-15 mins before the login screen loads.

Now a working Cata install should be in the new folder

By default, your Blizzard install disk or download WILL force itself onto MoP as hard as it can. Generally you should stay away from official downloads and installs. Here is your best option:

Create a brand new, empty folder somewhere.

Drop IceColdLauncher.exe into it

Open the IceCold launcher and press "(Re)Install Game"

Let it do it's thing. At the end, you will get a black screen for 10-15 mins before the login screen loads.

Now a working Cata install should be in the new folder

That is what i am trying to say, it says PATCH RECQUIRED and wont let me download once in sign in. The download goes perfectly well, the screen goes black, wow log in page appears, i enter the code and sign in and yet PATCH RECQUIRED. Please exit and download the patch or something. I created an empty file in which i put the launcher above, i clicked on it and it started downloading. But first, a window (always) pops up that says a proper wow folder was not found in .... and then i press reinstall game. But again PATCH RECQUIRED. Please, help guys its been nearly a week i have been trying to solve that problem.

By the way, Is it Neccessary that i download cata before i create (lets say) an empty file on my desktop where i put the icecold launcher and start downloading? Or am i wasting my time downloading cata over and over again? OR---- if you believe that it is not right to download from a disc, then where am i going to find wow and be able to download it online?

Thanks 

Oh and by the way, i get a wow error in my file together with all the other files you icecold launcher creates, the moment the download is finished. There is no number on that error. It just says WowError.

Don't insert your WoW disc, don't even install World of Warcraft from it.

This question is driving me nuts, (not that you're doing anything wrong). I think I may just have to make a voiced tutorial video on how to install it now after MoP was released.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I don't know if I'm missing something here, but like I said, don't even install the official World of Warcraft, just the launcher from... 

http://www.icecold-wow.com/icedownloads/IceColdLauncher.exe

Do the installation progress, and before you attempt to log in, exit out, and go into your directory, (ex: C:\Program Files\Icecold-WoW), and see if you have the Mists of Pandaria files in there.

What it should look like, 

http://picturepush.com/public/11783325

What it shouldn't look like,

http://picturepush.com/public/11783298

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Update me on your progress when you're done. Sorry for your wasted, valuable playtime on this awesome server!

Don't insert your WoW disc, don't even install World of Warcraft from it.

This question is driving me nuts, (not that you're doing anything wrong). I think I may just have to make a voiced tutorial video on how to install it now after MoP was released.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I don't know if I'm missing something here, but like I said, don't even install the official World of Warcraft, just the launcher from... 

http://www.icecold-wow.com/icedownloads/IceColdLauncher.exe

Do the installation progress, and before you attempt to log in, exit out, and go into your directory, (ex: C:\Program Files\Icecold-WoW), and see if you have the Mists of Pandaria files in there.

What it should look like, 

http://picturepush.com/public/11783325

What it shouldn't look like,

http://picturepush.com/public/11783298

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Update me on your progress when you're done. Sorry for your wasted, valuable playtime on this awesome server!

Yup, everything is there, now what? Well, there is not a file for interface, but that's ok i suppose. Other than that everything is where it should be. Now what?

Hey, whenever i click play wow when the icecold window pops up, another window appers that says realmlist/cache could not be modified, run as admin or something. I run as admin, click play wow AGAIN and only then does the log in screen appear. It does it every time. Any ideas? 

Hey, whenever i click play wow when the icecold window pops up, another window appers that says realmlist/cache could not be modified, run as admin or something. I run as admin, click play wow AGAIN and only then does the log in screen appear. It does it every time. Any ideas? 

What's in the folder, exactly? If .agent.db, battle.net-64.dll etc are in the folder, it didn't work, again.

Did the whole installation process commence after you ran the Icecold Launcher? If it did, just let it run, and you'll find yourself at the log in screen, log in.

If that, "patch" error occurs, then for some reason you're downloading files from the battle.net directly. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Let me just note that when you're done installing the icecold-launcher stuff, do not run the official World of Warcraft launcher, at all, as it will just update you with the 5.x files.

Also, let me just confirm that you have to make a -brand new- folder, not in the main WoW directory at all, and you'll have to put the Icecold-Launcher in that brand new folder, and launch it. Make sure no other files are in that folder except the Icecold-Launcher.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you're Windows XP, go to, 

----------------------

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\

----------------------

Make a backup of, "Battle.net", and "Blizzard Entertainment", somewhere other than in Application Data, (preferebly the desktop), then delete the folders in Application Data.

After you've done this, delete the Icecold files and folders, then attempt to reinstall them again by using the icecold launcher.

As for the realmlist/cache error, I don't know, just troubleshoot with my steps above.

Here is the thing, ill eraise everything that start with icecold, wow, warcraft, blizzard, battlenet and then i will re download the launcher, how's that? :)

By the way, what is a backup file? You know what... ill just download it on my laptop and see how it goes.

These are the file names in my icecold folder

Cache

Data

Logs

WTF

BackgroundDownloader              

Battle.net.dll

Blizzard Updater

dbghelp.dll

DivxDecoder.dll

IceCold

IceColdLauncher

ijl15.dll

msvcr80.dll

Repair

Scan.dll

Scan.dll.new

unicows.dll

Wow

WoW.mfil

WoW.tfil

WowError

These are the file names in my icecold folder

Cache

Data

Logs

WTF

BackgroundDownloader              

Battle.net.dll

Blizzard Updater

dbghelp.dll

DivxDecoder.dll

IceCold

IceColdLauncher

ijl15.dll

msvcr80.dll

Repair

Scan.dll

Scan.dll.new

unicows.dll

Wow

WoW.mfil

WoW.tfil

WowError

Good! Because that's what files are supposed to be in the folder. 

Now try running the Icecold.exe and logging in, (not the Icecold Launcher). Tell me how it goes.

Again, Patch recquired...

C:\Users\turbo-x\Desktop\Νέος φάκελος\

IceColdLauncher.exe

Date/time: 28/12/2012 2:15:00 μμ

Again, Patch recquired...

C:\Users\turbo-x\Desktop\Νέος φάκελος\

IceColdLauncher.exe

Date/time: 28/12/2012 2:15:00 μμ

Is this, "Νέος φάκελος", the folder in which you installed the Icecold files? If it isn't, put the launcher in the folder in which the installed files are, then try again.

Don't create a shortcut, just run the file straight from the source.

Is this, "Νέος φάκελος", the folder in which you installed the Icecold files? If it isn't, put the launcher in the folder in which the installed files are, then try again.

Don't create a shortcut, just run the file straight from the source.

I frankly think that i found the problem... i dont have a wow 4.0.6. - 4.3. client, because when i download from the disc i get pandaria :P. Do you know any good sites where i can get cataclysm ONLY ? Do you remember where did you get yours from?

No if you want to download a cata game you can but you create a new folder download the IceCold Launcher and open it and click the button Re-install game and it will do its thing and wait for the wow log in screen and then log in if it does it again contact admin and he will tell what to do or he will give you a link to get a free cata download

Like I've stated multiple times, don't even insert the disc, Vordnox. Just download the Icecold-Launcher don't install any form of Retail World of Warcraft. 

Start from scratch, and don't even install World of Warcraft. Now, download the launcher, put it in a new folder, and run it. If you didn't install anything from retail, or Blizzard's servers, you won't get the 5.x files.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Update me on what happened.  :D

Once again, thank you for your patience :)

Anyway, when i search in my computer files, i get some pandaria files as a result which i cannot delete for some reason, as, according to what it says, i need to get permition from TrustedInstaller kind of thing and wont let me eraise them. For example

servercore-wow64-rm

FailoverCluster-Core-WOW64-RM

ServerCore-EA-IME-WOW64-RM

and several other pandaria stuff, which have been downloaded from the disc which i have run several times in the past...

Other than that, i follow your steps very accuratelly, and havent tried opening the wow launcher while downloading from icecold ( and havent touched it in general ) as i eraised all wow files from previous downloads, other than the ones i mentioned above.

Any ideas?