oO error 134 ?

jaseto

Question

Okay so i had some problems with my wow and had to delete it and i installed it again a few days ago but when i downloaded the launcher and tried to get into the game it crashed and showed error 134 failed to read DBFilesClient\ItemDisplayInfo.dbc

It seems like only Icecold gives me this error the launcher and the exe which appears after using the launcher cuz i'm able to get into the game through the original wow.exe and im also able to play other servers

I tried downloading those 2 files in the download section and placing them in my wow folder but it didn't help

I have 4.0.6 and i was able to play with the same version a while ago don't know why it doesn't work now

When i start the launcher it downloads only some 2.7 mbs and some empty files appear in my data folder

If you have something on mind i'd gladly hear it

Also if there is some manual way of getting the data for the customs it may help as well like it was on WOTLK with the manual patches for the custom items but i doubt it like everyone is using launchers now

9 answers to this question

Well this seem to worked i didn't have ItemDisplayInfo.dbc. at all i used the reinstall function of the launcher and now im able to get into the server through the launcher although i got some error when opening a vendor guess it's cuz the game is like 40% of it's normal size i ran the repair and it's downloading files now ... Would it work this way the cata is supposed to be alot bigger than 8gb

Well i was on for a while today and it was loading very very slowly i had to wait a few mins to load the mall and it's vendors etc would it be better if i visit more and more zones would it download all the data it needs and speed up the game ?

I know it's loading slowly because the game itself misses some data it's size is not as it should be

If it stays like that it'd be bad

Jaselo, It's loading slowly because it has to accually load in the zones on the map. Just be patient. It's like if you ever download retail and when the launcher just hits playable playing. It takes time to load. You can check its progress in the bottem right by hovering of systems. Just play for a few hours for a few days and it should be done. But it will gradually speed up. Just do what you usually do but be patient and let it load.

Well my characters were deleted in the row back a while ago im currently waiting to get enough VPs for the frostmourne and i'll begin to play again in like 2-3 days :P Im kinda lazy to starting farming everything from beginning so i'll wait till get it to have some boost :)