Awesome Idea to make Alot of people join!!!

Taythalis

• Owners

What just pisses me off is what a load pf people percieve to be a "developer".

Here is the view of the 90%:

"I can spawn mobs and make them say stuff, I'm such a hardcore developer hurr durr"

And the 9%:

"Yeah, I'm learning C++. I can make a box that says "Hello world!. I'm amazing!"

And the un-findable 1%:

"Yes, I'm a skilled and experienced C++ Object-oriented programmer with experience on WoW emulators"

A REAL developer would understand this and be able to add new features to it within minutes:

Field* fields = result->Fetch();
                                   int a = fields[1].GetUInt32();
                                   if (a > 0)
                                   {
                                       player->AddItem(37829,a);
                                       QueryResult result = CharacterDatabase.PQuery("UPDATE table SET points = '0' WHERE id = '%u'",player->GetSession()->GetAccountId());
                                       QueryResult result2 = LoginDatabase.PQuery("INSERT INTO table2 VALUES('%u',UNIX_TIMESTAMP(),'2','%u','%u')",player->GetSession()->GetAccountId(),a,realmID);
                                       player->ADD_GOSSIP_ITEM( 0, "Success"		   , GOSSIP_SENDER_MAIN, 3);
                                       player->SEND_GOSSIP_MENU(DEFAULT_GOSSIP_MESSAGE, _creature->GetGUID());
                                   }

Can you understand and change that code? No? THEN YOU'RE NOT A DEVELOPER

Just had to get that out..

"I can spawn mobs and make them say stuff, I'm such a hardcore developer hurr durr"

And the 9%:

"Yeah, I'm learning C++. I can make a box that says "Hello world!. I'm amazing!"

And the un-findable 1%:

"Yes, I'm a skilled and experienced C++ Object-oriented programmer with experience on WoW emulators"

A REAL developer would understand this and be able to add new features to it within minutes:

if (a > 0)
								{
									QueryResult result = CharacterDatabase.PQuery("UPDATE table SET points = '0' WHERE id = '%u'",player->GetSession()->GetAccountId());
									QueryResult result2 = LoginDatabase.PQuery("INSERT INTO table2 VALUES('%u',UNIX_TIMESTAMP(),'2','%u','%u')",player->GetSession()->GetAccountId(),a,realmID);
									player->ADD_GOSSIP_ITEM( 0, "Success"		   , GOSSIP_SENDER_MAIN, 3);
								}

You feel better?

And the 9%:

And the un-findable 1%:

if (a > 0)

{

player->ADD_GOSSIP_ITEM( 0, "Success" , GOSSIP_SENDER_MAIN, 3);

}

That means you're adding the Brewfest Token to the teleporter for the player to retrieve.