Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Knee264

Old IceCold

Recommended Posts

I would suggest bringing back the old IceCold. You'll probably gain most of your player base back. I am an old player, new account. Never stayed till the end once a little someone somehow hacked my email which lead to him hacking my account. I have no idea how he got my email either.

  • But, these 'new' realms are dead.
  • There's not even any GMs online.
  • I've only seen 1 player.
  • You're hardly getting any donations. Nobody is voting.
  • The website hasn't been active in a year.

I also suggest bringing back the old website, as it was easier to navigate and was way better than this one.

This server was fun with the old IceCold. You guys risked it all and lost it all is my guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Old" Icecold had died off, we upgraded realms and revamped Reaper to 4.3.4 in an attempt to bring players back, which as you guessed did not go as we hoped it would. We have little staff at the moment, those that are able to do anything are......believe it or not...doing work on our development servers. The old website did not support newer patches like 4.3, and definitely would not support our custom legion project.

I would love to bring the old Reaper back. However, due to lack of player interest I don't think that's something we can do right now. Even if we did bring the old realm back, I don't think it would be able to pull the same amount of player numbers, again due to lack of player interest in the realm during it's final months. It has been thought about in the past, I decided not to go through with it as no one seemed interested.

If we have enough player support and interest in bringing old Reaper back, I would consider looking into it another time after our current project is released.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/7/2018 at 2:36 AM, Corbeanious said:

"Old" Icecold had died off, we upgraded realms and revamped Reaper to 4.3.4 in an attempt to bring players back, which as you guessed did not go as we hoped it would. We have little staff at the moment, those that are able to do anything are......believe it or not...doing work on our development servers. The old website did not support newer patches like 4.3, and definitely would not support our custom legion project.

I would love to bring the old Reaper back. However, due to lack of player interest I don't think that's something we can do right now. Even if we did bring the old realm back, I don't think it would be able to pull the same amount of player numbers, again due to lack of player interest in the realm during it's final months. It has been thought about in the past, I decided not to go through with it as no one seemed interested.

If we have enough player support and interest in bringing old Reaper back, I would consider looking into it another time after our current project is released.

For the love of god, please bring it back. I will definitely durably play on it (assuming old characters are still available). There's no point in waiting. No point at all. Just bring it back and see how many players are going to play on it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Negan said:

For the love of god, please bring it back. I will definitely durably play on it (assuming old characters are still available). There's no point in waiting. No point at all. Just bring it back and see how many players are going to play on it!

Yep. I prefer a fresh start of old icecold. Mainly since I was hacked ? But also cause pvp would be unfair cause everyone would be a vip 7.

Edited by Knee264
I also came back to icecold expecting the old one, ready to donate for vip 7. But nope. There wasn't anything to donate to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We'll see what happens, I can't promise we'll be opening another cataclysm realm anytime soon. I do have the data required to make it happen so it's definitely something we're able to do.

On 16/9/2018 at 7:00 AM, Negan said:

For the love of god, please bring it back. I will definitely durably play on it (assuming old characters are still available). There's no point in waiting. No point at all. Just bring it back and see how many players are going to play on it!

I can't just push a button and make it come back, we would have to upgrade and rebuild the realm (using old 4.0.6 data) and that's a very slow and tedious process, as some of you probably saw with Eternian's upgrade. Again I can't promise anything.

I know a lot of you liked playing there, I'm going to pin this, let's keep the discussion going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been a long time coming but I really think reaper could make a comeback as soon as early 2019. I'm so down for the old reaper to be brought back. Hell I was down for it to not close but we all know how that went. Statslash then PF.  Keep us updated pl0x.

Edited by Kanefever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/9/2018 at 11:56 AM, Knee264 said:

Yep. I prefer a fresh start of old icecold. Mainly since I was hacked ? But also cause pvp would be unfair cause everyone would be a vip 7.

Donations are a 2 way street bro, we need them, but then again they **** up pvp but only when someone with 2 soatts pulls up to the arena but that was fun as hell at the same time, running away from rage donators then coming back only to afk kill them.  But the old reaper handled donations well in my opinion, also bringing back the old reaper you could use the character shop once again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Kanefever said:

It's been a long time coming but I really think reaper could make a comeback as soon as early 2019. I'm so down for the old reaper to be brought back. Hell I was down for it to not close but we all know how that went. Statslash then PF.  Keep us updated pl0x. 

I can see IceCold as a whole making a comeback in 2019. With the Legion server, changes to how some things work on Eternian, and possibly a legacy Reaper realm. We will be in a much better state than we are now. We have a lot of work to do, but I am excited to see how things turn out.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/9/2018 at 8:31 PM, Corbeanious said:

We'll see what happens, I can't promise we'll be opening another cataclysm realm anytime soon. I do have the data required to make it happen so it's definitely something we're able to do.

I can't just push a button and make it come back, we would have to upgrade and rebuild the realm (using old 4.0.6 data) and that's a very slow and tedious process, as some of you probably saw with Eternian's upgrade. Again I can't promise anything.

I know a lot of you liked playing there, I'm going to pin this, let's keep the discussion going.

Don't you guys have a Backup of the old realm that you created on the last day of Ice-Reaper, including all characters, information and so on? That's at least what I would do before making a enormous step forward.

 

 

But yeah. It would be amazing to see Ice-Reaper being alive once again. PvP was so much fun (it had its disadvantages and advantages, sure).

 

 

 

 

Sign me in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Negan said:

Don't you guys have a Backup of the old realm that you created on the last day of Ice-Reaper, including all characters, information and so on? That's at least what I would do before making a enormous step forward. 

  

 

But yeah. It would be amazing to see Ice-Reaper being alive once again. PvP was so much fun (it had its disadvantages and advantages, sure).

 

 

 

 

Sign me in.

The only thing we have an old backup of is the world data (items, creatures, etc..) It's also for an older patch, which simply would not work with the systems we have in place now. I would have to go through everything and make it work with 4.3, it's the only option we have if people want to see old Reaper again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/9/2018 at 5:42 PM, Kanefever said:

Donations are a 2 way street bro, we need them, but then again they **** up pvp but only when someone with 2 soatts pulls up to the arena but that was fun as hell at the same time, running away from rage donators then coming back only to afk kill them.  But the old reaper handled donations well in my opinion, also bringing back the old reaper you could use the character shop once again.

I loved wearing full impec 2x fotb full icegold 1 shotting vip 4s maybe 5 on pally.
And even with full hoarder's ? I loved the hoarder's gear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd also enjoy the old icecold realm. Legion servers and legion itself is meh. They're already competitors out there and it'd be difficult to get one as functional as the best. Would like to see old icecold back up and running imo. Also personally if the old icecold is opened back up, would be nice to not be able to donate for overpowered items. Possibly farm to earn them, but that's just my opinion. Anyways, would love to see it again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.