Ice-Eternian Suggestion Thread

Tent

Onlyxia as the next VIP dungeon? or as upgrade to the Cow cloak. [The Cow King's Hide]

Trash mobs gives mats for addisional upgrade to currnet vip gear(rings,trink,neck) from Gruul's Lair.

Onyxia drops

Could drop custom weapon xmorgs like;

Gleaming Quel'Serrar but insted of a 1h sword it could be 2h swords/mace/axe. and also ofc 1h but would sit on the back insed of the down the side of the chracter.
Empowered Deathbringer as 1h axe/mace
Keen Obsidian Edged Blade as 1h sword and then remove the custom weapon from 1h sword xmorg vendor
Rusted Gutgore Ripper 1h dagger then remove it from the vendor if it's also there.

Reins of the Onyxian Drake ofc low dropchance tho 5% 

Modify [Head of Onyxia] to give a quest that rewards a legendary cloak this could be class specific with effect like for paladins 5% damage to Crusader Strike and 10% damage to Judgment.

An Onyxia bag 36 slot. +500 main stats from event(Str,Agi,Stam,Int,Spirit) or the same but 100% dropchance and only 1 drops pr. kill 

all items from Onyxia should be Group loot. 

Portal boss.

A portal would spawn every 2-3h at the arena. You click the portal would be teleported to an area with a world boss. 
In my mind I imagined a platform much like the one Dreadmage is on but larger and not a pvp zone. 

5 min before the portal spawn an message goes out in global chat saying that there's 5 min untill it spawns. When it spawns a message gout out and say that it has spawned.
When the boss is tagged/agroed for the first time a timer sets in and when it run out ex. after 20 min the portal will disapear and the portal respawn timer begins. When the boss dies the portal disapears. 

To get loot from the boss you only have to have hit it, this feature already exist on Etenian with the Hyrda world boss. This means you don't have to be in a group and therefor prevent some greifing/exclusion.

To make the boss somewhat challenging it would be interesting to have the same gear restrictions as the Challenge Dungeons have. And/or some player debuffs like 50% haste reduction.

I would like too see spells from the boss that have to be kicked, line of sigthed and moved out of.

For future content if posible have more bosses but have them "rotate" so it would be a driffrent boss that spawns form the last time the portal spawned.
I am not sure if this already exist but I belive some of the Stormwind guards does this, they switch or there is a chance that they do. (Stormwind City Guard/Aliance Socerer)

When/if you would die while figting the boss if possible you'd get teleported to the egde of the plaform and can ress there. 
You'd still have to hit the boss after you die to get loot. tested on Hyrda.

Rewards for killing the boss could include; 
 [Gladiator's Badge]
 [Life Essence]
 [Fine Iron] 
 [Ice Warden's Embroidery]
Magic Gold/Other currency.
If there's an event that is going on some of those materials
 [Heart of the Aspects] - mount form the old meduim wold boss (red one) low drop chance ofc.
A title for killing the/a boss there. - couldbe done through a quest.

and hopefully more.

I don't think event gear like xmas and haloween shouldbe BiS all year round but definitely durring the event and some time after. When the event is over I think that the items needs to be nerfed to equal the current famable bis.

I would like to see the VIP Mall reworked, right now there is alot of unessesary clutter/npcs that dosen't need to be there.

Faction change for MG or Energetic Essesnce. 1h cooldown.  I think sometihng to 1M MG or 500 Energetic Essesnce.

Can the loot change to personal loot in duskwood and Hights of Heavens - This will be much better QoL when gearing alts and/or helping other players.

Facion based morphs scolls. meaning that if you're Horde you've only be able to morph into hode races. with unlimited uses and cost 5vp each. 

I found some id's but they are for 3.3.5 not sure if it will work on 4.3.4. 
night elf male 20318
night elf female 37919
human male 19723
human female 19724
gnome male 20580
gnome female 20320
worgen male 37915
worgen female 37914
dwarf male 20317
dwarf female 37918
orc male 21267
orc female 20316
blood elf male 20578
blood elf female 20579
goblin male 20582
goblin female 20583
tauren male 20585
tauren female 37922
undead male 37923
undead female 37924
draenei male 37916
draenei female 20323

• IceCold Admins
2 hours ago, Calderan said:

Portal boss.

This could be cool. I've been working more with c++ starting with this year's Halloween boss so we could probably make something like that.

2 hours ago, Calderan said:

I don't think event gear like xmas and haloween shouldbe BiS all year round but definitely durring the event and some time after. When the event is over I think that the items needs to be nerfed to equal the current famable bis.

I would like to see the VIP Mall reworked, right now there is alot of unessesary clutter/npcs that dosen't need to be there.

Faction change for MG or Energetic Essesnce. 1h cooldown.  I think sometihng to 1M MG or 500 Energetic Essesnce.

Can the loot change to personal loot in duskwood and Hights of Heavens - This will be much better QoL when gearing alts and/or helping other players.

Facion based morphs scolls. meaning that if you're Horde you've only be able to morph into hode races. with unlimited uses and cost 5vp each. 

I found some id's but they are for 3.3.5 not sure if it will work on 4.3.4. 

Event items will probably be nerfed around the time we do the Christmas event. They will be brought down to current non-event BiS levels.

VIP Mall rework - Agreed. It's basically a weird mix between custom stuff and the old npcs.

Faction change - I would have to talk to the owner about this one since it is a store product.

Personal loot will be added to duskwood and Heights of Heaven.

Those morph ids should work here. I'd like to expand our vote rewards so the more ideas the better.

Renown Gear Rework

Add a new arena : Nagrand Arena. Within this zone, only Renown Gear may be equipped, otherwise you get teleported out/gear is disabled (broken).

Renown gear should be disabled in all other areas except : Stormwind City, Orgrimmar and Nagrand Arena

Increase the renown drop rate by 2-3x on Stormwind mobs, and by 5x on Orgrimmar mobs, as there are less of them.

Add a renown tabard and shirt to complement the current set.

Optional : Disallow cross-faction grouping in renown zones. I'm not sure if this is possible to implement or if players are open to this idea, but it may benefit from preventing abuse in these zones

Edited by Moonkinstar

• 4 weeks later...

Ideas for next Halloween. 

Obilisk things;
In every pavilion add an Obilisk(There are some of these placed around in that zone) that when you click on it spawn a wave of enemies or a mini boss. 
The mini boss could be a part of a quest/ low chance of weapon drop.

Headless Horseman/Scarlet whatever it is, as a challenge dungeon kinda thing.
This could drop;

[The Horseman's Horrific Helm] & [Hallowed Helm] tmorg in all types. mail.plate cloth lether. BoE
Little Wickerman item=70722.
The Horseman's Reins - Then remove from the boss from this years event.
Haloween pets; Feline Familiar/item=70908 - Sinister Squashling/item=33154.
Title <Name> The Hollowed title=124. (as part of a quest).
Halloween visual - a few years ago there was a visual linked to the weapons it would be cool so see that back but only it's possible to have it linked to an "click to use" item in bags.
[Weighted Jack-o'-Lantern] - fun item you can throw on other players that gives them a pumpkin head.
The weapons. / low chance of even 1(20-25%) to drop but that would be lvl 2. (not max lvl).

Daily quest1 ; kill 100 enemies (From this years event)
Rewards;
[Weighted Jack-o'-Lantern]x20.
MG.
1 Token. 

Daily quest2 ; kill 200 enemies (From this years event)
Reward; 
[Weighted Jack-o'-Lantern]x20.
1 Token.

An NPC that sells the weapons and a stack of mats(250) for 5 of these Tokens.

if possible change the amount of weapon drops from the boss drops to. 
1drop 100%
2drop 20%

?

Type: Vip transmorg NPC.

Description: 
Vip transmorg NPC that allows 2h sword to me xmorged into any other 2h sword/axe/mace. And in some cases 1h swords to daggers.This would be judged on an item to item basis if it should be allowed.
xmorg tokens to this vendor would cost Energetic Essence 25-50 a Token
These special items like dagger to swords itmes would cost Energetic Essence 300 an item. or if the item has a special id like Radiant Ashbringer (from Reaper) item=50442 I think.

Suggestions for 2021 Christmas Evenet

~ Main event held within the Cave of Frozen Relics.
~ All non heroic event items nerfed to -300 of current BiS. Heroic event items nerfed to match current BiS. 
Note : Event items should NOT be stronger than any Firelands gear upgrade.
Unpopular opinion : Event items should be disabled in Firelands instance, in addition to any VIP or custom item.
~ 6-7 minibosses within the area. Each has a 100% drop chance for 1 weapon or accessory and a 30% drop chance for both. Each has a 10 minute respawn.
~ Mini bosses should be armorless and have no resist, but have a blanket 75% damage reduction. Mini bosses should have 1000 M hp.
~ Spiders and Kobolds around the cave each drop 2-4 drop Cinnamon Cookies, 100 of which are needed to upgrade a weapon/accessory to its heroic variant.
~ Daily Quest to kill 50 Monsters and 5 minibosses, 50-100 cinnamon cookie reward.
~ Single Quest to gain 2021 Holiday Bag and  a bag of retail holiday items
~ Daily Quest to gain 2 bags of retail holiday items

~ Frostsaber Rock remains as an optional place to farm mats (looting presents). Presents have a 100% chance to loot 1 cinnamon cookie. Each has a 5 minute respawn
~ Presents have 100% chance to drop 1 Crazy Good Winter Cookie, 25% chance for a Speed Pack, 10% for a Preserved Holly (reindeer mount morph)
~ Change Speed Pack to unique. More than 1 is not needed due to the unlimited Charges.
~ Frostsaber Rock World Boss Yeti given damage and abilities similar to that of Alexstrasza the Life Binder. The boss should have a permanent 99% damage reduction aura and 2.1bil HP.  2 guaranteed drops 1 weapon and 1 offset. 30 minute respawn.

Edited by Moonkinstar

• IceCold Admins
2 minutes ago, Moonkinstar said:

1. Suggestions for 2021 Christmas Event

2. Unpopular opinion : Event items should be disabled in Firelands instance, in addition to any VIP or custom item.

3. Renown Gear Rework

1. Thank you for the event suggestions. We are making balance changes to our Halloween and Christmas event items.

2. I plan to add damage caps to every boss in firelands and focus most of the loot around them rather than generic material drops so a gear restriction shouldn't be required but we will consider adding one if needed.

3. This is planned. I don't know when it will release though as we are working on other projects right now.

10 hours ago, Calderan said:

1. There really is a need for a better non event bow hunters.

2. Vip transmorg NPC

3. Obilisk things

1. We are looking for other ways to provide a permanent damage buff to hunters (and feral druids) so we don't need to over-buff items, this will only be done as a last resort.

2. A lot of this would require custom modifications to the existing transmogrification system or a custom scripted system which we are not willing to work on right now.

3. Honestly not sure if the Obelisk will be a Halloween event thing or a special timed event later on.

A small note on mastery - I'm currently testing a new mastery cap system which would allow us to add a different cap for each class if needed. This would mostly apply to Warriors as it does need to be reduced.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Reduce armor on armor capped mobs to the true armor cap so that armor reducing spells eg. Expose Armor can allow physical damage dealers to be more effective against mobs with max armor

My guess is that current armor capped mobs have their armor set to an unnecessarily high number so that even with the armor reductions of like 12% it's still way over the cap

Edited by Trav

• 4 weeks later...

Suggestion 1

Type: Buff Hunters Spirit Bond talent. 

Description: Hunters have no true self healing and aren't super strong as is. If Spirit Bond was buffed or scaled off haste it would give Hunters more survivability, witch is needed because as of right now they don't have much. 

Credits: Myself and Shawtz.

Suggestion 2

Type: Make it so that Hunters can use there bow/gun in melee range.

Description: Hunters don't have a lot of melee abilities, so when a mob gets in melee range there isn't much they can do. Making it so they could always use there ranged weapon would make them significantly more effective. Melee weapons would still be useful to obtain for stats. 

Credits: Myself and Shawtz.

• 4 months later...

Type: Instance(s)

Description: I feel like Eternian is missing a super grindy piece of content for those of us who like to work towards something over a while, something like the Reaper godsword quest and VIP Dungeon. It would be nice to have something to log in for and work towards over maybe a few weeks or even months. I get that some people aren't a huge fan of this kind of grind but some of us are and I think it would be nice to be rewarded for some dedication in completing super long grinds.

I think the kind of upgrades a grind like this should give is extra stamina, spell resist, armor etc rather than just extra meta sockets and damage as those kind of upgrades should probably be saved for the raid content. I think a final tier of shadowsbane that just gives extra stamina and some resist stats would be a nice thing to grind for. Not a necessary upgrade but will make your life just a bit easier when firelands content drops.

I get that people have complained about this kind of thing in the past, things being too grindy, but I think it would be a nice option for those of us who actually enjoy logging in and just mindlessly grinding for a while for a bit more survivability rather than a ton more damage (which I guess people would be more likely to complain about if it was super grindy).

I think a few thousand stamina per piece, a pinch of magic resist and more armor would be a cool little bonus for something like this

• IceCold Admins
21 hours ago, Trav said:

Type: Instance(s)

Description: I feel like Eternian is missing a super grindy piece of content for those of us who like to work towards something over a while, something like the Reaper godsword quest and VIP Dungeon. It would be nice to have something to log in for and work towards over maybe a few weeks or even months. I get that some people aren't a huge fan of this kind of grind but some of us are and I think it would be nice to be rewarded for some dedication in completing super long grinds.

I think the kind of upgrades a grind like this should give is extra stamina, spell resist, armor etc rather than just extra meta sockets and damage as those kind of upgrades should probably be saved for the raid content. I think a final tier of shadowsbane that just gives extra stamina and some resist stats would be a nice thing to grind for. Not a necessary upgrade but will make your life just a bit easier when firelands content drops.

I get that people have complained about this kind of thing in the past, things being too grindy, but I think it would be a nice option for those of us who actually enjoy logging in and just mindlessly grinding for a while for a bit more survivability rather than a ton more damage (which I guess people would be more likely to complain about if it was super grindy).

I think a few thousand stamina per piece, a pinch of magic resist and more armor would be a cool little bonus for something like this

This is something I've wanted to do for a while now. With Firelands taking a lot longer than expected it would be good to introduce more long-term content for players to farm while everyone waits for Firelands to be completed. Do you have any ideas when it comes to which instances you'd like to see be used for challenge dungeons?

1 hour ago, Tent said:

This is something I've wanted to do for a while now. With Firelands taking a lot longer than expected it would be good to introduce more long-term content for players to farm while everyone waits for Firelands to be completed. Do you have any ideas when it comes to which instances you'd like to see be used for challenge dungeons?

Glad to hear this, I think the kind of instances used probably depends on how many dungeons are planned. If the plan is to introduce a final challenge dungeon that will take a long time to complete then an equally long and grindy dungeon like BRD would fit nicely. If the plan is to add multiple instances I think more similar to what we have would be fine, just gradually being grindier I just think the risk of power creep is a bit higher with multiple smaller grinds. 

@Moonkinstar recommended Scarlet Monastery and I think it could make for a fun dungeon to farm too, with the different wings and bosses dropping different materials so you can't just farm the same areas over and to give reason to clear the whole instance.

I think that's probably the biggest weakness of the current challenge dungeons, there is no requirement to clear the whole thing to get BiS upgrades, for example, a popular method for the current final shadowsbane upgrade is to just do up to Al'ar and then reset, meaning most people never get to fight the quite challenging boss that is Kael'thas as it's not 'worth' it to do.

I think along side upgrade materials, ultra rare drops like mounts could be added to give additional reasons to farm, farmable titles, etc.

Edited by Trav

• 2 weeks later...
  • IceCold Admins
On 13/6/2022 at 5:40 PM, Trav said:

Glad to hear this, I think the kind of instances used probably depends on how many dungeons are planned. If the plan is to introduce a final challenge dungeon that will take a long time to complete then an equally long and grindy dungeon like BRD would fit nicely. If the plan is to add multiple instances I think more similar to what we have would be fine, just gradually being grindier I just think the risk of power creep is a bit higher with multiple smaller grinds.

Power/content creep is definitely a concern. We don't want it to turn into something like the Ice Warden dungeons where with the exception of the IW > Glacial transition dungeon there are 13 other dungeons that all give you minor stat boosts for a small grind.

I think how many challenge dungeons we make ties directly with how many regular upgrade dungeons we put out. We don't want the challenge gear to fall behind but we also don't want it to overtake the main dungeons so as a rough estimate every 2-3 high tier dungeons should be followed by a challenge tier.

On 13/6/2022 at 5:40 PM, Trav said:

@Moonkinstar recommended Scarlet Monastery and I think it could make for a fun dungeon to farm too, with the different wings and bosses dropping different materials so you can't just farm the same areas over and to give reason to clear the whole instance.

I think that's probably the biggest weakness of the current challenge dungeons, there is no requirement to clear the whole thing to get BiS upgrades, for example, a popular method for the current final shadowsbane upgrade is to just do up to Al'ar and then reset, meaning most people never get to fight the quite challenging boss that is Kael'thas as it's not 'worth' it to do.

I think along side upgrade materials, ultra rare drops like mounts could be added to give additional reasons to farm, farmable titles, etc.

Scarlet Monastery could be cool, I have been looking through it the last few days and I think we could make it work. Setting up all of the different wings might take some extra time but it shouldn't be too bad. Boss specific loot would also be good to add.