Character Stat Review

Stat Changes  

32 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to happen?

• Stat Reduction on all items (and stat costs) by a percentage.
    • Installing a Stat Limit for all stats that you may purchase.
    • Leave it the same.

Can we just like, take out metas? They add a tremendous amount of DPS and can provide CC immunity. I realise that Rogues among other classes will be able to CC heaps but they wont hit as much and be able to one-shot other players. Just a suggestion.

That is something we can manage, thanks a ton for the input. I will mention this to Ryan.

Ok. For those of you that have been playing for the past 4 or 5 expansions know that what I am about to say is true. The rest of you will understand in a couple years. Every feature has its favorites. No exception. That will never change simply because it is impossible to make everyone happy. The ones that aren't happy either quit the game or, like Icecold hopes, you gear up the current op class to play. Most chose to gear up because by now you have dedicated so much time and money into this game that you cannot bring yourself to quit. For everyone on here that is crying about the broken things in the game and continuing to play will not invoke change. It's like wanting gas prices to go down while the entire world continues to buy it at its current rate. What is the reason to fix it when it continues on as is? These forums are a place for everyone to voice their opinions, vent their frustrations and continue paying to play the broken game. Icecold does read some of these and does change items that have raised a majority out cry for change. But that is all you will ever get. As some have said, it is not easy (or cheap) to have teams of programmers sit down and pick through the millions of lines of code to fix everything that is wrong. And it takes time. Lots of it. So my advice is this. If you want to see change, change your views. Adapt to what happens whether you like it or not. Or, lower your blood pressure and raise you checking account balance and quit the game. Those are the only two ways you will be happy with or without WoW in your life.
Remember: Icecold is not a company. Their goal is to make money. They figure out the best way to do that before they figure out what changes and additions will be made to their games. To us its a game. To them it's the lifeline that keeps its employees working and their lives in a positive financial state.

Ok. For those of you that have been playing for the past 4 or 5 expansions know that what I am about to say is true. The rest of you will understand in a couple years. Every feature has its favorites. No exception. That will never change simply because it is impossible to make everyone happy. The ones that aren't happy either quit the game or, like Icecold hopes, you gear up the current op class to play. Most chose to gear up because by now you have dedicated so much time and money into this game that you cannot bring yourself to quit. For everyone on here that is crying about the broken things in the game and continuing to play will not invoke change. It's like wanting gas prices to go down while the entire world continues to buy it at its current rate. What is the reason to fix it when it continues on as is? These forums are a place for everyone to voice their opinions, vent their frustrations and continue paying to play the broken game. Icecold does read some of these and does change items that have raised a majority out cry for change. But that is all you will ever get. As some have said, it is not easy (or cheap) to have teams of programmers sit down and pick through the millions of lines of code to fix everything that is wrong. And it takes time. Lots of it. So my advice is this. If you want to see change, change your views. Adapt to what happens whether you like it or not. Or, lower your blood pressure and raise you checking account balance and quit the game. Those are the only two ways you will be happy with or without WoW in your life.

Remember: Icecold is not a company. Their goal is to make money. They figure out the best way to do that before they figure out what changes and additions will be made to their games. To us its a game. To them it's the lifeline that keeps its employees working and their lives in a positive financial state.

I will say that a majority of your points are true. Thank you for your input and thought-out feedback. There is one thing to mention: I get absolutely nothing from bettering the game for you guys, other than my own satisfaction of pleasing a population of people with the ideas I come up with in my head. Simply put, I do all my work for everyone else, hoping that it is good enough to use. The content I develop doesn't require purchases to complete or participate in.

It may be in some others' minds to make money, but I am not in on it. This thread was made by myself with the backing of Ryan so that I can make more cool content, so nothing in it for me but smiles and feedback.

Looking at how things look in this thread, it looks like we will stick with suffocating on the creatures' stat cap. Although I appreciate all the feedback, the turnout was not as pleasing as I had hoped.

I hope to see changed minds before it gets too late.

• 1 month later...

Leave content the way it is, there's almost always a high vip online to kill deathwing\bm for low vips\normal players. People don't donate so they can run the content, they donate so they can walk through it and 1 shot everything. 

Those who don't donate usually want to run the content\have a challenge, yknow?