Have an Idea for Ice!?

Thanagor

My name is Sean and I would like to contribute to the server. I have been playing for about a month now.

There are a number of things that I'd like to see addressed:

1. The number of times you can kill a player before they get a warning for camping needs to be reduced by 1 death. This will allow for less raging and more kicks from the server for those fools that do too much killing on the non-VIP players. (I will admit I'm one of those fools.) Meh.

2. The drop rates on some of the PvE grinding gear upgrades (Power Tokens, Ice Clams in particular) seem a bit too low. Not for my personal use, but for those that want to play get discouraged too quickly when farming for the upgrades. Maybe up them by 5%-6%?

3. A good majority of mobs have different path rules than they do in retail. Which I would understand is due to modifications, as well mobs avoid stacking when in large groups, which makes them run too far ahead of you and to completely surround you. This causes some of the mobs to fall off some large cliffs and things, then become stuck and bugged. This accounts for a majority of my Combat Glitches and me having to commit suicide to fix it. I'd suggest that the ability of mobs be changed as far as the ability to move through some objects within the same layer, and redirected paths to where they will avoid falling off objects. As well, once they lose aggression on you when you die, mobs tend to stick around and get stuck on 'Evasion'. This could be fixed by adding a return to spawn point command when out of combat. This may interfere with their aggression range however.

4. The ability to transmogrify items would be a nice addition, but I understand the concept may be a little rough. Possibly add in a store to purchase some items just for looks and ability to transmogrify the items in the Appearance Shop, where you can get a haircut and armor? This is a theory of someone with an imagination, but no knowledge of how to write the code or program this in. I would love to make my VIP4 armor look a little cooler.

5. Addition of account bound items, and the reduction of cost for those of us who want to try new classes and keep our VIP purchases within our account. I would like the ability to do this, and to not have to pay $25 just to send three things from my VIP4 to a warrior of mine, so I can play a warrior. Keeping the $10 fee per item transferred will discourage me from spending money elsewhere. So in summary, you can remove the cost to transfer items inside an account, while keeping a $10 transfer fee per item going outside accounts. 

This is all for now. I have some good thoughts behind all these ideas, please critique me! I'll love to be a part of the server's progress. 

Whatever happened to Noob Island? That was a great way to start out a new char and get some good gold and gear in the process. That should come back, but let the mobs drop some items or gold, too. just a thought.

It needed to be re-done. Do not worry, it has already been done in a new place and Ryan only needs to move it over to Reaper :)

1. The number of times you can kill a player before they get a warning for camping needs to be reduced by 1 death. This will allow for less raging and more kicks from the server for those fools that do too much killing on the non-VIP players. (I will admit I'm one of those fools.) Meh.

2. The drop rates on some of the PvE grinding gear upgrades (Power Tokens, Ice Clams in particular) seem a bit too low. Not for my personal use, but for those that want to play get discouraged too quickly when farming for the upgrades. Maybe up them by 5%-6%?

3. A good majority of mobs have different path rules than they do in retail. Which I would understand is due to modifications, as well mobs avoid stacking when in large groups, which makes them run too far ahead of you and to completely surround you. This causes some of the mobs to fall off some large cliffs and things, then become stuck and bugged. This accounts for a majority of my Combat Glitches and me having to commit suicide to fix it. I'd suggest that the ability of mobs be changed as far as the ability to move through some objects within the same layer, and redirected paths to where they will avoid falling off objects. As well, once they lose aggression on you when you die, mobs tend to stick around and get stuck on 'Evasion'. This could be fixed by adding a return to spawn point command when out of combat. This may interfere with their aggression range however.

4. The ability to transmogrify items would be a nice addition, but I understand the concept may be a little rough. Possibly add in a store to purchase some items just for looks and ability to transmogrify the items in the Appearance Shop, where you can get a haircut and armor? This is a theory of someone with an imagination, but no knowledge of how to write the code or program this in. I would love to make my VIP4 armor look a little cooler.

5. Addition of account bound items, and the reduction of cost for those of us who want to try new classes and keep our VIP purchases within our account. I would like the ability to do this, and to not have to pay $25 just to send three things from my VIP4 to a warrior of mine, so I can play a warrior. Keeping the $10 fee per item transferred will discourage me from spending money elsewhere. So in summary, you can remove the cost to transfer items inside an account, while keeping a $10 transfer fee per item going outside accounts. 

1. It wouldn't change anything if we were to lower it down.
  2. They are meant to be that low. Since that is the point where you have to do more and more farming.
  3. That is due to the current pathfinding abilities mobs have right now. :/
  4. Transmog will be added when we update to 4.3.4.
  5. Making the items in the current VIP sets account bound would make the VIP Transfer system sort of mess up. Maybe in the future we could make some items you farm account bound.

It wouldn't really change anything if we were to add more vote sites. Plus more vote sites = more money needed to stay on all the vote sites.

Let me give an example of why more vote sites wouldn't really be needed. If we were to have 5 more vote sites we would have to double the prices of items in the Vote Shop. And players who have been voting for a long time to get items like FotB would not like it cause they would have to vote more.

It needed to be re-done. Do not worry, it has already been done in a new place and Ryan only needs to move it over to Reaper :)

1. It wouldn't change anything if we were to lower it down.
  2. They are meant to be that low. Since that is the point where you have to do more and more farming.
  3. That is due to the current pathfinding abilities mobs have right now. :/
  4. Transmog will be added when we update to 4.3.4.
  5. Making the items in the current VIP sets account bound would make the VIP Transfer system sort of mess up. Maybe in the future we could make some items you farm account bound.

When will the 4.3.4 upgrade be used?

Like I said in the other thread on this topic, nobody on this server has control over when our core is updated to 4.3.4, or any other patch for that matter. Another company develops the core and it's up to them when they finish the 4.3.4 core. Once we see that most, if not all, of the core is working or at least passable, we will update then.

any chance that some of the Cata raids' mobs and items can be buffed up to give players another reason to keep playing aside from pvp and constant farming? No need to create custom gear, just keep the ones that drop by default and just buff them up a bit. They shouldn't be Neltharion-strong. Maybe just a little weaker than Necrotic Rune stuff. Would be nice to get a raid going to gear up before a Neltharion raid.

Or am i talking out of my @$$ and it's actually easier to make a custom dungeon? In which case, ignore everything i said :wallbash:

Also. Consider fist weapons pls. my shammies would like to go a-fisting.

Non Vip Arena is very good idea for this server because there is so many vips,and thats why so many new players are giving up from this server ,because they are getting camped by the vips every single time in arena.

Thanks.

I got a solution for the non-vip arena. There are specific items like Tabard of the Lightbringer which cant be used in arenas. Why not add that on vip items so they cant use the gear in an arena match. Also arena matches could give honor points instead of conquest. 

• 1 month later...

I think it would be a great way too earn more money to the realm if you could text in your money like the other realms like pandashan because most of your players are teenagers and i dont have a paypal accoint or a bank account that i can buy off and if you could text in your money then i think it would make a lot of people pay for this realm as it would be easier and if you dont have a bank account you can still donate.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My Idea is that you can add more Items to the Donorshop, like Mats, Costume Weapons/Gear or title with stats. Donor Off sets and made more Costume Weapons for Non Vips.  You should add weapons like Thunderfury to farm it high. Set the Haste cap higher so that the players need Haste gems or Haste Gear to be capped. Add HAste Tabbys and shirts. Add haste enchantments. Add more dungeons and bosses and so on