I gotta problem

Iroh

I'd have this problem, as well.

Made a ticket about this three days ago, haven't gotten a response.

I have fifteen accounts, three of which host some of my main chars.

It'd be a shame to lose the 23+ days I've invested on my shaman.

I think that you guys should just make it so that your e-mail isn't hidden in the account and security page, as our e-mails will only be used as login credentials for the website/in-game.

Either that, or offer all accounts an e-mail reset.

Would it be possible to maybe screen shot our items and have proof of payment and just have them added to our account again? or a new account in our case.

Then non-vip accounts would be screwed (Since you can't transfer non-vip items)

The easiest way to approach this is to just un-hide everyone's e-mail from the account security page.

The e-mail is merely being used as login credentials in-game and the website, and you can still change your password without your e-mail in the change password page. The reason we need our e-mails is so we can login with them. I never wrote down the e-mails for my accounts, and because it is hidden on the account and security page, I can't even find out which e-mail my accounts are registered to.

This will be like a reset for everyone that got their account in more of an unusual way. People don't change their email that often.

Would they offer character transfers off the old account to the new one then? (At least for non-vips whose gear is non-transferrable)

Edit : Do new accounts even need a valid e-mail to be created? I don't think you even need to verify your e-mail to actually use your account (At least at the time I made my account)

The main cause of these issues is account trading (or hacking). The changes will hypothetically disable accounts that are traded (or hacked) accounts unless you managed to trade the email address over correctly when you traded.

If you managed to add on a random fake email address to keep yourself anonymous, that had it's payout but now the consequences are here. This is essentially the safer upgrade for security of accounts.

• Owners

We understand that many players have not kept their email up-to-date and no longer know what it is, and this will be a problem for them after the change. We advise these people to create a support ticket on the website, including any evidence that they own the account, such as PayPal receipts or the city/state that you registered the account.

Thank you for unhiding the e-mail addresses.

It turns out that my main accounts have valid e-mails attached to them (Ones I created for the purpose of ice-cold), so I'll be fine.

My other accounts have invalid addresses, but I'll be using them as login credentials anyways so it doesn't matter.

At least we now know our characters won't be gone forever.

Cheers.

Whats the problem with brought/traded account's. I was told there was no rules against it and this is just gonna get people who have paid for items after they got the accounts mad aswell, this server already has minimal people playing, doing this will either make you lose the ones you have already. I paid for items after I was given my account from a friend who dosent play anymore so I cant contact him to get the emails. The system before had nothing wrong with it, all this is going to do is make atleast 50% of people quit.

Whats the problem with brought/traded account's. I was told there was no rules against it and this is just gonna get people who have paid for items after they got the accounts mad aswell, this server already has minimal people playing, doing this will either make you lose the ones you have already. I paid for items after I was given my account from a friend who dosent play anymore so I cant contact him to get the emails. The system before had nothing wrong with it, all this is going to do is make atleast 50% of people quit.

Everyone can see the email on the account they use now, there is no problems for PF, everyone will be able to log in.