Ice-Eternian's Status

Moonkinstar

Hello,

I'm sorry if this has been asked a few times but I haven't heard any news about this.

There hasn't been any word on Ice-Cold's second realm (Ice-Eternian) since the release of P.F. I know the admins and devs have devoted their time to fixing up P.F and releasing content for it, but I'd like to know why Ice-Eternian was kept closed? I was told before P.F's launch that Ice-Eternian would remain the same, just upgraded to the 4.3.4 core.

I'd like to ask when is the E.T.A for Eternian's reopening, because it'd be a shame to lose all progress on the realm just because it did not receive a significant update like Ice-Cold's primary realm.

- Moonkinstar

• 1 month later...
53 minutes ago, ggcharles said:

Does anyone from IceCold plan to address this topic..... I've invested a small fortune in characters over the years and I have also donated to PF. Is Eternian coming back or not? If not my bank will be closing!

I have posted in older topics about this situation. Right now everything is being focused on our new realm Reaper. There is no dates set for Eternian to come back online. That doesnt mean it never will, but it won't come back until our other realm is sorted.

On 11/22/2016 at 9:34 AM, Thanagor said:

I have posted in older topics about this situation. Right now everything is being focused on our new realm Reaper. There is no dates set for Eternian to come back online. That doesnt mean it never will, but it won't come back until our other realm is sorted.

So 2 more years of dev time, is what you're saying?

• Staff
On 11/22/2016 at 7:34 AM, Thanagor said:

Ok I understand all your resources are currently being focused on PF Reaper....but what I kinda feel some people would like know is what additional resources would you need to get Eternian up and running again? I'm not talking about updates or anything just right now what would it take to get it up and running nothing more.

^ This.

I was wondering why Eternian was even shut down in the first place if it was Reaper that had to be closed to get upgraded to 4.3.4.

Now that Eternian stayed on 4.0.6 (it wasn't even upgraded with Reaper), I don't see why it was shut down. Please enlighten us on this, in case there was something technical that was misunderstood.

Edited by Moonkinstar

• Owners

Sorry that we never clarified why it was shut down at the same time. It's because of the login system change.

You log in with your email now, and it's using a completely different newer account system to handle that. That newer account system is not supported on the 4.0.6 software, only the newer 4.3 software.

Therefore, for eternian to work at all on IceCold, upgrading it to 4.3 is necessary. That takes much time and resources, which are focused elsewhere right now

• IceCold Admins
1 hour ago, penut1212 said:

then play

why is the server not alive nobody plays it I'm online and always alone

We're waiting for them to fix everything. at least I am, pf is cool imo. there's a lot of bugs and class issues that need to be fixed. Once all of that is done I'm going to be on a lot.

• Staff
18 hours ago, Ryan said:

Sorry that we never clarified why it was shut down at the same time. It's because of the login system change.

You log in with your email now, and it's using a completely different newer account system to handle that. That newer account system is not supported on the 4.0.6 software, only the newer 4.3 software.

Therefore, for eternian to work at all on IceCold, upgrading it to 4.3 is necessary. That takes much time and resources, which are focused elsewhere right now

Ok so if you had more devs and money you could get Eternian back up and running yes?