Icecold launcher error :(

bennyboo123

Question

This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #134 (0x85100086) Fatal Condition

Program: C:\Users\------\Desktop\Icecold\IceCold.exe

Failed to open archive Data\art.MPQ. Missing or corrupted data.

Debug Details:

[0] err=2 text=SFileOpenArchive - SFILE_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND - C:/Users/------/Desktop/Icecold/Data/art.MPQ

Storm Error Msg:The system cannot find the file specified.

Is there a way to fix this error?

12 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, fabiz99 said:

Problem is, I don't have any WoW.exe. I use the IceCold Launcher reboot to create a WoW folder which I've done from the start. For some reason it has stopped working, has that changed?

You don't need the IceCold Launcher in order to play on this server. The IceCold Launcher may cause trouble for some users, including you. Nevertheless, you don't have to be worried.

The alternative solution for you is to get an 4.0.6 folder provided with end-game mechanics off the internet. You will not encounter any kind of ERRORS, depending on the folder you've found.

Please don't forget to mark my answer as the best answer. I'm very skillfull, therefore I anticipate decent rewards.

37 minutes ago, fabiz99 said:

4.0.6 didn't work and I can't find the realmlist of IceCold so that won't work. I really don't know how to get on this server anymore, nothing seems to work. And also the IceCold launcher is 4.7.0 patch and I can't find a WoW.exe which is that patch. Seems like new players won't be able to join this server, only old ones which only needs to update the launcher or something. Idk...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hc60hbzj76uf21k/WoW+-+Cataclysm.7z The .zip file provides an playable 4.0.6 folder. Note that the game language is German and several zones have not been discovered yet. You have to be ingame for a while to let it download separate zones automatically.

There are diverse ways to change your game language. Google it.

set realmlist login.icecold-wow.com

Edited by Spacepanter

23 minutes ago, fabiz99 said:

How did you solve it? I keep getting the error

Rename your Wow.exe to something else. If the issue still insists you would have to reinstall your whole game.

If any further issues occur please subsist and post them here: http://www.icecold-wow.com/forums/forum/21-help-support/.

Remember to be more detailed next time. Thank you.

On 2016-07-16 at 3:53 PM, Spacepanter said:

You don't need the IceCold Launcher in order to play on this server. The IceCold Launcher may cause trouble for some users, including you. Nevertheless, you don't have to be worried.

The alternative solution for you is to get an 4.0.6 folder provided with end-game mechanics off the internet. You will not encounter any kind of ERRORS, depending on the folder you've found.

Please don't forget to mark my answer as the best answer. I'm very skillfull, therefore I anticipate decent rewards.

4.0.6 didn't work and I can't find the realmlist of IceCold so that won't work. I really don't know how to get on this server anymore, nothing seems to work. And also the IceCold launcher is 4.7.0 patch and I can't find a WoW.exe which is that patch. Seems like new players won't be able to join this server, only old ones which only needs to update the launcher or something. Idk...

Edited by mckrill